Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Here's What I Had For Dinner - Part III - Don't quote pics!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

I had sea bass and potato salad.Went down a treat.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Pizzas.

IMG-20210203-181552328.jpg

That one is black pudding, ham and chilli flakes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,399 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

john4321 wrote: »
    541501.JPG

Question, got a recipe for this? How was it made? Looks lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

I had chicken traybake again today.I made some for the kids and they lashed in to it.
    Said it was gorgeous.
    Sorry no pic again they dived in it before i had a chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,191 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Mrs G is on a Weight Watchers meal vibe the last few weeks as she doesn't trust me.:D Not your usual post here, but it actually doesn't look that bad. A Penne pasta with bolognese sauce. I added some baby leaves/rocket with some diced onion/tomato to it. It wouldn't float my boat but seems to float her's.

IMG-20210204-170426.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,030 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

Question, got a recipe for this? How was it made? Looks lovely.

I start off by browning around 500g of diced angus beef and removing it from the pot.

Then add a whole chopped onion frying till its nicely brown then add a dash of Worcestershire Sauce, a few carrots, half a bag of petit pois peas, a few cloves of pressed garlic and some rosemary and thyme.

After adding the beef back to the pot I then pour in around a pint of beef stock (few oxo cubes and boiling water) and a full can of Guinness and let it simmer for around 10 minutes.

Peel around 3 or 4 large potatoes and slice them around the thickness of a mobile phone and place them on top they will float on the liquid.

Cover the pot with a lid and put into the oven at 200c for 90 minutes.

To get the potatoes nice and crispy I then give them a brush with oil and put the pot back in the oven for another 30 minutes with the lid off.

In total it takes around 30 minutes to prepare and 2 hours cooking in the oven.

This is the kind of pot I use I got on Amazon last year.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B071WKHLDD/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Recliner

Chicken Thai red curry and rice. Threw in some spuds, cauliflower and peas to bulk it out. Very tasty.

Steak, veg, spuds, gravy.

IMG-20210204-191117096.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,093 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

EyZD6xZT_o.jpg

L1SYc944_o.jpg

Creamed mushrooms, bacon, thyme, nutmeg pepper. Tastes a lot better than it looks, which isn't great, I'll admit. Plus the bacon bits left from rendering the bacon fat before cooking the bacon in it.

(cooked to the sounds of DanceFM - The Beat of Romania)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Made a massive stew Wednesday night. Had some for dinner Thursday, sent some to the in-laws who are cocooning, some to an 88 year old uncle, also cocooning, and still had some left for lunch today.

Good stuff.

IMG-20210204-182745.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

cnocbui wrote: »
    IMG[IMG]https://images2.imgbox.com/c3/99/L1SYc944_o.jpg[/IMG Creamed mushrooms, bacon, thyme, nutmeg pepper. Tastes a lot better than it looks, which isn't great, I'll admit. Plus the bacon bits left from rendering the bacon fat before cooking the bacon in it. (cooked to the sounds of DanceFM - The Beat of Romania)[/img]

Those peas look ridiculously fresh! They look like they're still growing! :D

Spag bol. The two year old had three bowls!!! You take what you can get. :) :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,411 ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

Sausages, mash and beans :D

... and peas for himself instead of beans...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Home made meatballs with onion gravy, mash and peas.

20210205-183216.jpg

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Those peas look ridiculously fresh! They look like they're still growing! :D

Thanks. Lidl frozen petit pois. I just put a serve in a plastic container, cover with water and zap on high in the microwave for 1:40, so they are heated rather than cooked. Drain the water and done. normally I would melt some butter on and sprinkle some salt but the main dish was already incredibly rich with the mushrooms cooked in butter and the bacon fat so butter would have been too much and there's enough salt from the bacon.

No cooking tonight, just a super quick food hack I recently came up with. Half a can of Tesco Plant Chef rich tomato and basil soup. Bulk that with Tesco mixed bean salad and add half a sheet of sliced deluxe traditional smoked ham from Lidl, grind of pepper and zap in the microwave.

Food-Hack.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Comerman

I know it's probably been asked a thousand times but what are folk using to post pictures? Photobucket seems to think I exist but that's as far as I can get

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,030 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

Comerman wrote: »
    I know it's probably been asked a thousand times but what are folk using to post pictures? Photobucket seems to think I exist but that's as far as I can get

You can upload and embed them here on the site.

See this post below it should help.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=113707998&postcount=4222

imgbox.com . Upload, click on the 'full size' button and select the link in the rightmost box and then paste the link in your reply, but delete the link bits that are to the left of the starting [i​mg] tag and to the right of the ending [/i​mg] tag.

I also use imgbb.com, but have found that site alters the colour balance of photos sometimes so I'm tending to use it less than the other when I really want my colour/white balance editing to be preserved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,249 ✭✭✭✭L1011

First thing from the box from Whelans - 2+ inch thick salt-aged sharing striploin that's actually from Hannan Meats - reverse seared with chips, cheating pepper sauce (Knorr powder but made with cream and milk, not water) and heavily cooked down onions and mushrooms (sauteed in butter, seasoned with paprika and worcestershire sauce).

This has even beaten any steak I've ever done on the griddle in the BBQ. Real proper sear on the outside - done on an as hot as possible stainless skillet - perfect medium rare on the inside. Not sure sous vide would be any better; probably equal but this was a lot less faff.

25 quid for the steak, for two people, is a bit more than a 9.99 for two deal in a supermarket but so worth it.

john4321 wrote: »
    You can upload and embed them here on the site.

See this post below it should help.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=113707998&postcount=4222

Should of said I'm using android phone

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,597 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Linguine with a pancetta and broccoli, sun-dried tomato and paprika sauce. Just a little taster.

IMG-20210205-072237.jpg

I was out of my usual pasta toppings, so had to make do with cheddar.

I would usually top with pecorino, hazelnuts or rocket. Toppings are essential for pasta!

I upload to postimg.cc on my android phone and copy the link to the image.

IMG-20210205-195622.jpg

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    I upload to postimg.cc on my android phone and copy the link to the image.

Which link lgCorcaigh?

Which link lgCorcaigh?

When you upload your image to postimg.cc, you are then given a list of links to copy. I tend to use "hotlink for forums".

The link can then be pasted into your post.

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

Had risotto with chorizo (was nice I swear!) yesterday and arancini with spicy tomato sauce this evening. What's a diet :pac:

T856LiV.jpg

hzZpFpE.jpeg

Pizza
    PHOTO-20210205-205856.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

postimage.org is great, it works on android, ios and pc :)

Upload your photo then copy and paste the Hotlink For Forums code.

Edit: igCorcaigh beat me to it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Only problem with those free to upload sites is that when they eventually go so does the pictures in your post. Some of my recipes in the Cooking Club have no pictures for that reason.

Advertisement