Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Here's What I Had For Dinner - Part III - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

Tonight was simmered bacon, cabbage, mashed carrots and mash potatoes with parsley sauce! Soo good... trying to follow a meal plan this week.

Created a blog that I aim to be a platform for home cooks, learning recipes, seeing what other people had for dinner..only started it tonight, if you've a blog follow me if you can!

<Mod snip - no blog pimping, see post #1>

There is also a small chat box down the bottom!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Miaireland wrote: »
    Bought a large joint of rib roast for yesterday. There was loads and loads left so have made a cottage pie for this evening. Not sure what to do with the rest. Not quite the weather for a cold plate.

Rissoles?
    http://www.deliaonline.com/recipes/international/european/british/rissoles

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Miaireland wrote: »
    Bought a large joint of rib roast for yesterday. There was loads and loads left so have made a cottage pie for this evening. Not sure what to do with the rest. Not quite the weather for a cold plate.

It freezes really well - and then you can have an easy roast dinner another time. Just pop it in a dish, sprinkle with water and cover with foil. Heat at about 160-170C for 30 minutes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,216 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

had a spicy beef enchilada in a place just off o connell street,have to say it was fantastic

32516915650_b0dc4535ed_c.jpg

also a new start up called handsome burger in galway, no bricks n mortar store yet just a stall which moves from place to place, i went to moycullen in galway just to try them after the reviews i seen.. was not disappointed..

i had the petey pablo burger which is as per their description ..

6oz bradys beef laced with chorizo,chunky guacamole,roquito salsa,cheddar,paprika mayo,pickled cucumber ,brioche bun

served with home made potato salad

32743687272_5affaaa14e_c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Space Dog

OH made filet steak, tenderstem broccoli and cauliflower puree for dinner, followed by apple and rasberry crumble with chantilly cream. Was savage, stuffed to the gills now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

Tried to come up with a vegetarian version of saltimbocca - I got the sauce spot on, but the flat mushrooms with sage and sundried tomatoes needs more seasoning next time.

made a nasi goreng ..love it

32103693093_5553fb0fb2_c.jpg

Fritatta with roasted sweet potato, sundried tomatoes and feta.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

G+Falafel, hummous, spinach filo rolls, lemon rice vine leave rolls & lentil, chickpea, sundried tomato salad, delicious! From Umi.

cNI5jzxl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,165 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

House is filled with the cold virus. Lots of sniffling, sneezing and generally feeling sorry with yourself. I'm soldiering on though because I'm battling the cold since last week and my only complaint now is lack of sleep. That said, I sorted out the ladies in my life, but now it's time for ME!

Sirloin steak, pan fried to medium rare, with an onion/mushroom sauce and by jaysus, some Chips!

Happy out! Oiche Mhaith!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

Last night was chicken Madras with rice and chips (Indian restaurant- free! Perks of working there) really good, just spicy enough!

Tonight my boyfriend took me for a belated valentines dinner since I was working last night. The dinner was at a french restaurant I'd never been to... 3 course. Cauliflower soup for starters, so tasty, for mains had a haddock special with pea and mint puree, beans, chorizo all carefully decorated around the plate with the haddock as a little flower! and dessert a huge brownie with cinnamon and salted caramel ice cream...so good!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Feasted on home made sweet potato chips with baked beans...

I've exhausted my spice collection this evening, so need to stock up again.

Simple one tonight that I enjoy making. Goes down real easy. Chicken Tikka Masala with Basmati Rice and Naan. And for the first time I'm actually attaching a photo!:D

Chicken Tikka Masala.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Tonight we had M&S crispy breaded chicken thighs and drumsticks with sweet potato fries and corn on the cob.

I miss M&S.:o

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Grandeeod wrote: »
    I miss M&S.:o

I hear ya

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Makood

Grandeeod wrote: »
    I've exhausted my spice collection this evening, so need to stock up again.

Simple one tonight that I enjoy making. Goes down real easy. Chicken Tikka Masala with Basmati Rice and Naan. And for the first time I'm actually attaching a photo!:D

Chicken Tikka Masala.jpg

Looks amazing. Have you the naan recipe? I have been making the flatbread recipe from the cooking club for ages now. Would love to try a naan for a change.

Makood wrote: »
    Looks amazing. Have you the naan recipe? I have been making the flatbread recipe from the cooking club for ages now. Would love to try a naan for a change.

I'm so sorry, but the only part of that meal that I made from scratch was the Masala. The Naan was pre bought in Supervalu.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭arian

Makood wrote: »

I've repeatedly failed with naan. With and without yoghurt/yeast/baking powder. In/out of the breadmaker.

Just saw this, though: not at all naan, but might work in its place?

We had fajitas, filled with stir-fried veg (leek, onions, peppers, mushrooms, sweetcorn) and kidney beans in a spicy sauce. Happy food. :)

• Advertisement

Variation on the day before; mixed ordinary potato and sweet potato chips ( home made ) and a fried egg. Followed much later by freshly made mixed berry steamed sponge pudding with custard.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I made general tso (fu). Was delicious! I used to get this dish delivered in dublin but the people who did it moved to Barcelona. Not to leave their fans in the dust they started making videos of how to make their food.

TFHJV4Dl.jpg

turkey legs from super value, 2 for 3 euro really is super value.. couple of hours roasting for an easy peasy delicious meal,will throw some spuds and carrots in to roast for the last hour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,789 ✭✭✭Alf Stewart.

I'm at the pies this evening again. (Steak, veg and gravy) made with homemade - skin still on chunky chips.

Fish fingers for the little person who "I don't like pies I keep telling you".

v5RdBU.jpg

9jSVRJ.jpg

imyeTo.jpg

Dinner? Last evening? Same as lunch i e cold roast chicken courtesy of Dunne's, French bread and a little pasta salad from Aldi. later, a custard doughnut , tesco's finest..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Last night was fillet steak, home made chips and a whiskey, mushroom, black pepper and cream sauce.

Tonight will be lamb stew, currently in the slow cooker. Cannot wait for it. Haven't had it for ages :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Shenshen wrote: »
    I got home early yesterday, so I made us Jamie Oliver's lentil chili, with rice, sour cream, grated cheese and nachos.
    I had already halved all the ingredients given, we both stuffed ourselves to the max, and there's still enough left over for one lunch and filling 2 baked potatoes. It's a bloody generous recipe.

Did this myself well more or less - I used shallots (which were eye watering as I cut them up!) and sliced in some potatoes that needed using. Rather hot stuff.

http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/vegetables-recipes/kerryann-s-chilli-con-veggie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,789 ✭✭✭Alf Stewart.

New Indian opened near me, so had takeaway this evening (dining alone)

Mixed vegetable platter for start, consisted of veg samosa, alloo chop and onion bhajis, the samosas were unusual as in they were not the traditional triangle shaped, more square, almost like a Chinese dumpling, and they were filled with spinach, goats cheese, nuts and raisins (they were delicious actually)

Main course was lamb Madras, pilau rice and a naan bread. After subly informing them that I "eat Indian once a week" (I don't) on the phone when ordering, the guy took the bait and told me he'd throw in a naan FOC (he also threw in 2 x kingfisher beers) the naan was the sweet variety, with coconut and almonds stuffed into it.

The Madras was spot on, big cubes of lamb, cooked to perfection that melted in the mouth, and its sauce had a very decent kick to it.

They also threw in poppadoms, and a variety of pickles and dipping sauces and salad.

I try and eat healthy for the most part, tonight was a nice change. Really enjoyed it

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Lemon & chilli ramen noodles on Friday.
    Whole roast duck, shredded with sticky rice & warm salad of pok choi, cucumber & sugarsnaps with chilli & pickled ginger ponzu on Saturday.
    Tonight was slow roast beef, roast spuds, peas & cauliflower cheese.

• Advertisement

I made hotpot Saturday night - lot of lovely vegetables and some seitan strips in a lovely warm, rich red wine gravy, covered with potato slices :

znrfa8.jpg

And yesterday, we had butternut squash and red pepper soup. With a little chili for kick and a teaspoon of curry powder for a nice hum.

Advertisement