Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Here's What I Had For Dinner - Part III - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Anyone have any idea what i can do with prawns,thats not a stirfry or curry.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,053 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

dubstarr wrote: »

Thanks.

Tempura - coat in egg and flour and deep fry.

Make an oversized prawn coctail.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

Thanks.

I roast peppers, cherry tomatoes, courgettes, red onion and garlic. I cook pasta and prawns and mix with creme fraiche and pesto and the juices of the roasting dish for an easy tasty dinner.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭con747

Thanks.

Prawn omelette is nice, add what you fancy to it. Very quick and easy.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,589 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Gambas pil pil

Put a very large glug of olive oil into a cold pan and squeeze in 6 cloves of garlic and a chopped chilli. Add your prawns, salt and pepper.

When prawns are sizzling and cooked (it won't take long) remove from the pan and eat piled on toasted ciabatta or sourdough.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 523 Mod ✭✭✭✭TheKBizzle

Beetroot , goats cheese, orange and walnut salad.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

Beef chilli and a baked potato.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Comerman

Garlic mushroom, spicy pepperoni and red onion pizza

PHOTO-20210206-200608.jpg

PHOTO-20210206-200727.jpg

screen cap

• Registered Users Posts: 15,411 ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

Homemade pizza. My half had goats cheese, mozzarella, red onion chutney (homemade from my mam), red onion and tomato. I also sprinkled it with oregano, but had taken a bite out of it before I remembered, so this is the before picture :P

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,589 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Snack box from the chipper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

God. I haven’t had one of those in years. Food of the Gods from the right Chipper!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,873 ✭✭✭sporina

Chicken Meatballs with Oriental Greens,
    Lime and Ginger. Meatballs collapsed into mince but still tasted good.

3-D67-C5-D3-FE0-A-4462-84-A4-1-A652-A623-AD9.jpg

that looks amazingly delicious... so good for you too hmm...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Snap! I had a snack box tonight too - and a small piece of Mr Dizzy's fresh cod :)

• Administrators Posts: 53,829 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Pan fried plaice with butter and parsley sauce, and crushed parsley potatoes

Excuse the fact it’s half eaten, I was eager!

The plaice was landed this morning, incredible.

attachment.php?attachmentid=542350&d=1612647703

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

We had Indian takeaway tonight. Chana Aloo Palak and a Veg Bhuna shared between my mum and I. My dad got a Tandoori mixed grill with pilau. I had a garlic and corriander naan.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Recliner

Takeaway from our local Italian. Deep fried spinach and ricotta pasta thingies with napolitana (sp) sauce and prawns in butter and chilli sauce with foccacia bread.
    No pic cos twas a bit messy, also very hungry.

Dinner prepped for tomorrow, lamb dish, first time making, so very excited for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

sporina wrote: »
    that looks amazingly delicious... so good for you too hmm...

Wouldnt say no to that.Looks gorgeous.
    Any chance of the recipe

• Registered Users Posts: 12,793 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Wellington and a nice glass of red

IMG-20210206-204247.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Recliner

Spiced lamb meatballs with a tomato, chilli and butter sauce.
    I served them on flatbreads from Dunnes with beetroot hummus, lettuce, bulgar wheat with white quinoa, red rice and freekah, courtesy of M&S and a minty yoghurt dressing.
    Beyond tasty. It will definitely be made again before the week is out.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 523 Mod ✭✭✭✭TheKBizzle

Penne alla Vodka last night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

Moong Dal Tadka and Aloo Paratha

542543.jpg

The parathas turned out really nice this time, but I think I'll try less floury potatoes next time.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭conor_ie

9gBNCv9m.jpg

Fillet Steak Medium Rare, Roast Spuds, Pepper Sauce all washed down with Dada Malbec for our 4 year anniversary dinner

(I used the Schwarz Pepper Sauce that comes in a pouch.. so much easier!)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,279 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

conor_ie wrote: »
    <snip pic>

Fillet Steak Medium Rare, Roast Spuds, Pepper Sauce all washed down with Dada Malbec for our 4 year anniversary dinner

(I used the Schwarz Pepper Sauce that comes in a pouch.. so much easier!)

I cooked fillet steaks too on Saturday for myself and my mum - delicious! I made my own pepper sauce, it's actually very easy! This is the recipe I used: http://ilovecooking.ie/recipe-items/peppercorn-sauce/

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

No pics but we had a delicious home made chicken satay last night and leftovers today.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭bocaman

We had a beautiful Chinese take away last night. Beef in black bean sauce. Delicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭snowgal

miamee wrote: »
    No pics but we had a delicious home made chicken satay last night and leftovers today.

would love a decent recipe please? Its on my to do list. Ive been following this forum since I started boards but only started really cooking last year during lockdown! Im really enjoying it....

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

We use this revipe for the satay sauce: https://havebutterwilltravel.com/keto-satay-sauce/ and other than that will cook beef or chicken in a pan wirh a mix of veggies, usual some red pepper, mushrooms, tenderstem broccoli and add the sauce once they are cooked. We have never added the liquid stevia to the sauce though and don't always have lime juice...in other words we sometimes make it up as we go along :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,053 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Here's a satay recipe I mostly follow and reduce the quantities: https://shesimmers.com/2009/03/how-to-make-thai-peanut-sauce-my-moms.html

Thai Gold Massaman curry paste can be got from Dunnes. I use moscovado sugar rather than refined.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,446 ✭✭✭Ryath

cnocbui wrote: »
    Here's a satay recipe I mostly follow and reduce the quantities: https://shesimmers.com/2009/03/how-to-make-thai-peanut-sauce-my-moms.html

Thai Gold Massaman curry paste can be got from Dunnes. I use mosocado sugar rather than refined.

+1 on this recipe. It's my daughters favorite dinner she'd eat it like soup if she was let.

She's a bit mad about peanut butter in general though, again she'd eat it out of the jar with a spoon if she could!

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,829 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Beef stew.

attachment.php?attachmentid=542573&d=1612809462

Advertisement