Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Here's What I Had For Dinner - Part III - Don't quote pics!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,557 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

^Snap! Beef and Guinness Stew here. Read a recipe that added three cored and diced Bramley apples to the stew. Added a lovely twang to it. Served with Broccoli Mash.

970-B249-D-1-CCB-4-C52-866-C-3-CA941-A23-B97.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Mental day at work earlier, came home and made a chilli, and while I was waiting on the sauce reducing etc I thought - this will actually be even nicer if I leave it a day or two and let the flavours develop.

Couldn't get the kids to all agree on the same dinner so just thought feck it and ordered a Chinese.

On my plate, there's Singapore noodles - bit of fried rice, chips, a chicken ball and curry sauce.

Haven't had a Chinese in ages, but it was delicious.

IMG-20210208-190608.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,399 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Lunch. I had lunch for dinner. It's what comes of staying up too late watching silly American sports.

8KwgeaN.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

I did fish tacos this evening, as the avocados felt perfectly ripe. And they were! Pickled some red onion in lime juice, made guacamole with the avocado, cherry tomatoes, red onion and chilli, some red and white cabbage slaw, and haddock gougons. Made the sauce with equal parts mayo and sour cream, some lime juice and a tsp chipotle paste. I was only able for 2 of them, and hoping some of the leftovers will do for lunch tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,203 ✭✭✭Be right back

Another beef stew!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,411 ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

Sweet and sour chicken with rice, using the recipe that was posted here before.

It turned out pretty well! Even the OH ate it all, I was convinced he'd pick out the pineapple :P He even said "God, isn't it amazing the flavours you can get out of food!" :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,093 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

s4MmDEGg_o.jpg

Never in the history of gastronomic warfare has any calorific weapon come close to matching the deadly torpedos ability to inflict 3rd degree burns to the roof of the consumers mouth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,557 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

^ Looks like Findus Pizza Something or Other from my youth. :)

Current Internet/TikTok sensation - Baked Feta Pasta with Cheesy Garlic Sourdough Slices. It was very nice.

E4-DAF818-54-C4-494-B-816-A-18-ED9336-EF9-C.jpg

• Administrators Posts: 53,955 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I believe this is called “Potato a la beer revolu”?

attachment.php?attachmentid=542772&d=1612898506

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,172 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

Have an online class so obviously cant cook right? No time!
    Had a dirty bacon and cheese burger from Smacs. it was glorious

• Advertisement

Chicken and pasta.

Beef and broccoli Chinese noodles.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I had the same dinner as awec, but not as neatly arranged :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

I made a different recipe for dhal with spinach and potatoes and wish had stuck to my usual. Was bland asf. Thankfully I made a ginger and lemon pilau that lifted it a little.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Had the chilli I made on Monday evening, had it with cauliflower rice (which I have to say was a really good accompaniment) really nice nutty flavour to it.

IMG-20210209-181401.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,293 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Binge watching Ugly Delicious on Netflix so....

Prep done for tomorrow's dinner, Indian Buttermilk (Kerala) Fried Chicken. A first, we'll see how it goes but judging by the smell of the marinade, it should be good.

Into the fridge with it for 24 hours.

https://food52.com/recipes/69323-asha-gomez-s-kerala-fried-chicken

Salmon, pea and fennel risotto. Pretty tasty, but it's hard to **** up risotto in fairness.

Lay8y1I.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,093 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

That looks great, and for goodness sake don't take this as referring to your sterling efforts there, but risotto is f***ed up from the get go. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭RubyGlee

Joining this as I’m in a food rut. Seem to be having the same things all the time and getting bored of them.
    Today I had hot salmon and potatoe salad twas nice

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Yyhhuuu

Chicken Curry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

One of the (many) things I enjoy about working from home is that I have more time for cooking. Yesterday morning, I started a tomato sauce in the slow cooker.
    I always load my tomato sauces with veg, so I chopped an onion, 5 cloves of garlic, 2 sticks of celery, a carrot and a red pepper very finely in the food processor.
    Fried this up in a wide pan until it was dry and started to brown slightly, then doused it with quarter of a bottle of red wine. Left that to simmer for a few minutes, and then transferred it into the slow cooker with 2 tins of tomatoes, a bit of vegetable stock, and a good helping of dried oregano and thyme.

This simmered away all day while I was working away, I only occasionally gave it a bit of a stir. The smell was amazing!

Come evening, I chopped a few mushrooms, fried them, added some of the sauce, made a quick bechamel and layered it all up into one of the best lasagnes I've ever made.
    It was only after we'd eaten it I remembered that I hadn't taken a photo....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Comerman

Hairy bacon with mustard and brown sugar glaze, cabbage spuds and lashings of brown sauce

PHOTO-20210211-174749.jpg

Brown sauce on cabbage and bacon? Whaaaaat...

Oh yes and red if it's turnip :-)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I wouldn't put it over it, but I'd have lots of it on the side :)

Comerman wrote: »
    Oh yes and red if it's turnip :-)

I was on your side until this :eek:

I was on your side until this :eek:

You haven't lived :-))

My man does the exact same!

cee_jay wrote: »
    My man does the exact same!

I think it was how Ma got us to eat the cabbage or turnip, mash it with the spuds and brown or red sauce (depending on whether it's turnip or cabbage) 50ish years later I still do it

• Advertisement

Homemade burger and chips.

Advertisement