Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Here's What I Had For Dinner - Part III - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,380 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Spicy prawn rice bowl thing, based on this.

The dressing made here is absolutely delicious, it's going into my "make a load of to have in the fridge" for wraps and stuff in future.

w82T4Zi.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 15,411 ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

Confit duck with roast potatoes, steamed tenderstem broccoli and gravy. Himself did most of the work, which is always a bonus!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,005 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Lamb neck braised with onions, garlic, bayleaves and allspice. Tenderstem broccoli. Pearl barley.

http://imgur.com/a/b1XnETa

• Administrators Posts: 53,825 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Tenderstem brocolli seems to be really in fashion now. My Aldi is full of it, you wouldn't have got it at all a few years ago.

awec wrote: »
    Tenderstem brocolli seems to be really in fashion now. My Aldi is full of it, you wouldn't have got it at all a few years ago.

I'd say I've been buying it in supermarkets here for 15 years!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Ish66

awec wrote: »
    Same with Butternut Squash, Things get ''Hip'' I suppose !

Ish66 wrote: »
    Same with Butternut Squash, Things get ''Hip'' I suppose !

Again, they've been available in supermarkets for at least 20 years.
    These things aren't new, by any means.

• Administrators Posts: 53,825 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I'd say I've been buying it in supermarkets here for 15 years!

Maybe, but you had to go hunting, you could not just get it anywhere. It has unquestionably surged in popularity and availability.

Now my local Aldi dedicates 2 full crates to it on their veg shelves!

Meanwhile, the cheap Tesco feta was sold out at the weekend. Seems like Tiktok pasta is all the rage atm!

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

Roast beef, roast spuds, cauliflower cheese, carrots, broccoli and real gravy. Decided I needed some cheering up when I went into the butchers this morning so this dinner that almost ready better be delicious.
    Haven't been able to get Feta in any supermarket on a regular basis since Christmas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

Had some meat leftover from yesterday and did some homemade burger buns so we had burgers.

...inhaled in about 5 seconds after the photo was taken

IMG-20210322-191505.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 68,788 ✭✭✭✭L1011

woodchuck wrote: »
    Seems like Tiktok pasta is all the rage atm!

And its not that great.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Glazed ham, cabbage and mash.

20210322-193903.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭cubatahavana

Rib eye steak sandwich

• Registered Users Posts: 12,165 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Hey Dizzy. That looks fantastic, but I need the cabbage greener and a drop of some sauce.:pac:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,415 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

cefh17 wrote: »
    Had some meat leftover from yesterday and did some homemade burger buns so we had burgers.

Homemade burger buns, looks fab, fair play!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Hey Dizzy. That looks fantastic, but I need the cabbage greener and a drop of some sauce.:pac:

We favour the paler cabbage here, I'll have you know :D
    And don't faint, but the only sauce we had was brown - Chef for me and HP for himself ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,165 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

We favour the paler cabbage here, I'll have you know :D
    And don't faint, but the only sauce we had was brown - Chef for me and HP for himself ;)

I so love the green cabbage with a mix of a little white. Basically a head chopped up from the outside in. That reminds me I've loads of my perfect mix in the freezer.:) Mrs G is the same. Brown sauce, but not fussy about the brand.

L1011 wrote: »
    And its not that great.

I think it's good enough for the (little) amount of effort you need to put in! I'm a sucker for creamy/cheese pasta though. And I throw in chicken too, which makes everything better :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

woodchuck wrote: »
    Meanwhile, the cheap Tesco feta was sold out at the weekend. Seems like Tiktok pasta is all the rage atm!

My mother is loving it... She was insisting on telling me the recipe :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I hate feta cheese so no chance of me trying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,471 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Feta back in Aldi East Wall this morning. It's been missing for ages....

I hate feta cheese so no chance of me trying it.

Same, it's like salt that sticks to your teeth!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,193 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Glazed ham, cabbage and mash.

Had the exact same dinner last night. Was toying with the idea of a pea mash but... why mess with mash.

Converted our 6 yo to mustard along the way, as he was on glaze duty.

Have some ham left over, thinking some creamy cheesy pasta comfort food dish will be on the cards tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,791 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

A little bit of feta is lovely in a shakshuka or a salad or a grain bowl or whatever but that past dish looks revolting. Kinda of alfredo sauce revolting.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

I just had one of my happiest moments in months...

I discovered there is a halal grocer in my town and they sell flaky paratha!!! Yay!!!

So I had 2 with a little of last night's Mexican baked rice, some more cheese and sriracha sauce. I rolled it up like a burrito. Mexican-Malaysian cuisine. Delicious!!!!

Am so happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭tangy

That looks great. What brand were the parathas? The ones I've bought so far have been exercises in chewing.

tangy wrote: »
    That looks great. What brand were the parathas? The ones I've bought so far have been exercises in chewing.

Mughal brand.

Not as flaky as Kwan my usual bar and in Malaysia, but not bad at all.

So tonights feast was a ratatouille with goats cheese, spicy cheddar and mozzarella on top in a sourdough bread bowl served with baby potatoes roasted in garlic and herbs for my mum and I while celiac dad had chicken wings and left over Mexican rice with the spuds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

Roast chicken with pan sauce.. added a bit too much white wine but it was edible. And probably the last or the brussel sprouts :(

IMG-20210324-170432.jpg

Advertisement