Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Here's What I Had For Dinner - Part III - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,165 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Last nights dinner. I needed something comforting and quick. So it turned out to be BBQ ribs, fries, coleslaw and potato salad on my trusty slab.:D

IMG-20210323-221718.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,380 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Spaghetti aglio e olio. So much garlic. Nom.

CQ9Zy3M.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,471 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

In the oven maybe 5 minutes too long, Pizza Pasta Bake.

B86-E43-EC-C890-4-EAA-A898-7-A5-A9-AA8310-D.jpg

https://www.spendwithpennies.com/pizza-pasta-bake/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,873 ✭✭✭sporina

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Last nights dinner. I needed something comforting and quick. So it turned out to be BBQ ribs, fries, coleslaw and potato salad on my trusty slab.:D

hmmm i don't often have greasy food but that looks really tasty...

might have to get something from the food truck Fri night.. :P

sporina wrote: »
    Grandeeod wrote: »

hmmm i don't often have greasy food but that looks really tasty...

might have to get something from the food truck Fri night.. :P

Not a lot of grease. Ribs done in the oven and fries in the air fryer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,411 ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

Chicken curry with lots of colourful and tasty things added - pepper, apple, sultanas, carrot, red onion.

I also whipped up some homemade garlic bread on the side!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

We had coconut lamb and spinach curry with basmatii and naan last night.

Tonight we had home made burgers and air fryer chips.

I made a burger sauce from finely chopped onions and home made pickles, mayo, beer mustard and ketchup. It was delicious and what didn't go on the burgers ended up on the chips.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,873 ✭✭✭sporina

cefh17 wrote: »
    Roast chicken with pan sauce.. added a bit too much white wine but it was edible. And probably the last or the brussel sprouts :(

when ever is too much white wine a bad thing lol..

on the sprouts, last week I thought it was bye bye till next season - but got some in TS on Monday.. woo hoo.. how sad am I.. but they wer yum.. this is prob the last pack for a while (but I have been saying that for ages now lol)

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

Must've been gone bad, had been open a while but in the fridge, kinda vinegary

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

We had a creamy, garlicy, cheesy potato gratin, along with some oven roasted vegetables: sweet potato, celeriac and cauliflower roasted with some more garlic and a few sprigs of rosemary. I had planned to have leftovers for lunch today, but we both ended up getting second helpings...

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,825 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Spaghetti aglio e olio. So much garlic. Nom.

Got a recipe for this Dave?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

1. Boil your pasta

2. Fry about 5 cloves of garlic in about two tablespoons olive oil (untill golden).

3. Add about two birdseye chilis, chopped

3. Add about a cup of your pasta water

4. Mix in your spaghetti

5. Add about 1/3 to 1/2 cup grated parmesan.

6. Mix well and season.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

We had roast chicken tonight, with frozen sprouts roasted à la Mystery Egg's method. They were so delicious, I'll never boil them again.

20210325-191112.jpg

Happy days Dizzy! They're a bit like crack when they're roasted, you could eat about 30 of them!

We had a one pan dinner. Pork chops, quartered apples, fresh sage leaves, onions, butternut squash and baby potatoes, all roasted together.

I made a seasoning of sea salt, black pepper, garlic granules, thyme and smoked paprika and tossed it over the lot with some olive oil.

It was very good but the squash was rather tasteless. My own fault for buying out of season. I would also next time add the chops later as by the time the spuds were tender, the chops were a little dry. All in though, a quick and hearty dinner for a grey spring day.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Happy days Dizzy! They're a bit like crack when they're roasted, you could eat about 30 of them!

Easily - they're amazing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Ish66

I could not be arsed cooking tonight so I settled on something simple and quick !

Meticulously hand reared (on heated perches) Cuisses de Poulet served with a duo of barefoot harvested brocoli et chou-fleur cuits à la vapeur (Steaming is a healthy go to) complimented with a drizzle of Sauce aux Champignons with the merest suggestion of foraged wild garlic...
    Chicken-thighs-1.jpg
    All from this ! :D
    Chicken-thighs-2.jpg
    I then had a kit kat and a mug of tea !!;)

Earlier. A nice piece of fillet steak on a bed of mash. Onions and mushrooms in a homemade pepper sauce on the side. When you mix it in together, it really tastes great.:D

IMG-20210325-195751.jpg

Turkey meatball pasta soup, with some spinach lashed in. Miso-homemade stock broth. Very loosely based on this. No tomatoes or zucchini put in, because that doesn't sound very nice.

JawZ0JS.jpg

J Mysterio wrote: »
    2. Fry about 5 cloves of garlic in about two tablespoons olive oil (untill golden).

Yeah ... fi-five cloves ...

tenor.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

I prepped a cheats pasta bake today during my lunch break due to work pressure.

Added a tub of Philadelphia garlic and herb cream cheese to sauteed onions, garlic and more herbs then poured it onto cooked pasta with nixed veg and kidney beans in a lasagna dish. Stirred it through, topped with grated cheese and left it for my mam to pop in the oven this evening. She made a salad to go with it. Was really yum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

Quick and easy mid-week pasta with mushrooms, broccoli and herby cheese sauce.

548186.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 21,193 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

J Mysterio wrote: »
    1. Boil your pasta

3. Add about two birdseye chilis, chopped

3. Add about a cup of your pasta water

4. Mix in your spaghetti

5. Add about 1/3 to 1/2 cup grated parmesan.

6. Mix well and season.

giphy.gif

Frya d'garlic!?!?

Garlic and Chilli always goes into cold extra virgin olive oil that is gently heated up in this house... not saying you can't murder the garlic, each to their own :D

It's a great dish, a go-to dish here.

Lots of parsley at the end for us.

PARlance wrote: »
    Garlic and Chilli always goes into cold extra virgin olive oil that is gently heated up in this house... not saying you can't murder the garlic, each to their own :D

Lots of parsley at the end for us.

I'm also a parsley man, no parmesan, I just didn't have anything other than dried last time. I did have coriander, but I decided no, that's too much of a departure.

Though I hate the taste of olive oil, just use regular rapeseed. Anyone else find olive oil a bit manky tasting? I pretty much never use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,790 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Anyone else find olive oil a bit manky tasting? I pretty much never use it.

When its burned yeah. Otherwise hell no. Try pay a bit more for the good stuff! Healthy too.

It does have a lower burning/smoking point than rapeseed oil so not always ideal for cooking.

The Nal wrote: »
    When its burned yeah. Otherwise hell no. Try pay a bit more for the good stuff! Healthy too.

It does have a lower burning/smoking point than rapeseed oil so not always ideal for cooking.

Even the expensive/good stuff, bleugh! Maybe it's just my tastebuds.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭con747

+1 on the olive oil, never liked it even when in Italy or any other places it's made.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

We had lamb meatballs. They were nice and light. I made a cherry tomato sauce to accompany. I was planning on cous cous but didn't fancy it in the end and made chips from baby new potatoes in the air fryer, served with a bit of garlic mayo. Simple salad alongside of mixed leaves and avocado with lime and honey dressing.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,193 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

I'm also a parsley man, no parmesan, I just didn't have anything other than dried last time. I did have coriander, but I decided no, that's too much of a departure.

Though I hate the taste of olive oil, just use regular rapeseed. Anyone else find olive oil a bit manky tasting? I pretty much never use it.

I'd drink extra virgin olive oil if I could tbh. But that has come with time, because I wouldn't have been keen at the start.

A good knob of butter thrown in with the spaghetti at the end has been done as well.

PARlance wrote: »
    I'd drink extra virgin olive oil if I could tbh. But that has come with time, because I wouldn't have been keen at the start.

A good knob of butter thrown in with the spaghetti at the end has been done as well.

Olive oil, salt and herb dip with sliced baguette. Sitting with a beer watching the sun go down. Those were the days.:)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 523 Mod ✭✭✭✭TheKBizzle

Peri Peri chicken burgers for us here with coleslaw. Made the sauce myself with birds eye chillis. Devoured

Advertisement