Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Here's What I Had For Dinner - Part III - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,589 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

We had home made pizzas tonight. It's about the only meal the little lad gets excited about as he can make up his pizza himself. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Yesterday and today. Slow cooker chicken korma, no idea how theirs looks so orangey, while mine is a bland yellow, but it was damn tasty. Salmon and sweet potato mash, kept it to about 6/700 calories without too much butter ... swear.

a8nqu9l.jpg
    XHnavt6.jpg

conor_ie wrote: »
    Eel Unagi, Spider Roll, California Roll and Chicken Gyoza for me.. Phad Key Mow for herself

Where'd you order that from, if you don't mind me asking?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,446 ✭✭✭Ryath

Cannelloni tonight made the ragu last night and had it with some rigatoni. Used the cooking club lasagne recipe just with pancetta, beef and pork. Made it the instant pot have to say it worked well and a great time saver. Sauted veg for a bit then added meat and and stirred till it was broken up added everything else then pressure cooked on high for 20min. Another 5 minutes or so saute to reduce it.

Quite economical really, made another slightly smaller tray and a mini one with four cannelloni for freezer. I actually still have enough ragu left for a small lasagne but I was out of sheets so will have to wait till tomorrow.

552368.jpg

552369.jpg

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭conor_ie

Where'd you order that from, if you don't mind me asking?

Karma Thai in Balbriggan

If you're near a Musashi in Dublin they are also excellent!

• Advertisement

Kildare, sadly. There's a place in Leixlip that does sushi, but it's only alright.

Dave there's a place in Maynooth that also does sushi, the Orient, but I haven't tried it so couldn't comment on the quality. They're an Asian fusion place so it's probably not authentically Japanese. But might be worth trying.

Dave there's a place in Maynooth that also does sushi, the Orient, but I haven't tried it so couldn't comment on the quality. They're an Asian fusion place so it's probably not authentically Japanese. But might be worth trying.

Had no idea they were still in operation, I'll have to give them a go, though I do see they don't have sashimi on the menu. Cheers!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I had pan fried lemon sole with potato wedges and peas. No photo because I made a mess of turning the fish on the pan :rolleyes:
    It was really nice anyway.

We had home made cheese burgers on brioche buns, with garlic mayo, ketchup, mustard, onions and mixed leaves. Very tasty. A few of Lidl's triple cooked chips on the side, which I wasn't overly excited about (and the amount of lard in the air fryer afterwards was a tad galling too!).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Well done on your modship Mystery Egg!

I had an Indian tonight, not made by me.

Dinner cooked for me today (pie prepped yesterday) by my partner. In one of her rare forays into the kitchen, she nailed a very tasty prawn cocktail* and a rather delicious shepherd's pie, made with actual lamb mince. Rather proud (and thankful) of her efforts. Whiskey sour (multiples of them) also went down very well.

*Her family puts finely chopped onion in their prawn cocktail. My da (the cook in my family) would never have and when I mentioned it to him a few years back, he hated the idea, but I have to say ... it actually works really well. I will definitely consider it for future prawn cocktails.

YLapQDT.jpg
    fBjcace.jpg

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭conor_ie

Kildare, sadly. There's a place in Leixlip that does sushi, but it's only alright.

If you're near Naas, Tani is really nice. A few of my friends have raved about it and I got to try it last week.

I had the Chicken Karaage and Eel Unagi.. Delish!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Dave your prawn cocktail bowl is a blast from the past for me! I had that set, one large and 4 or 6 small, in the 80s :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,473 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Pork Escalopes with Potato Salad

6669-CEFE-4097-4-DAF-B2-AE-D6-A0-AA893237.jpg

Dave your prawn cocktail bowl is a blast from the past for me! I had that set, one large and 4 or 6 small, in the 80s :)

I suspect that's the era they came from alright, present from her grandmother!

• Administrators Posts: 53,832 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I love a good prawn cocktail but I always get a real 70s dinner party vibe off it. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Mr.Wemmick

A few years ago when my daughter was young, she insisted we have prawn cocktail as a starter for our christmas meal. Now it's become a thing and we all love it.. though I call it seafood salad as it's sounds better, lol.. :pac:

Mr.Wemmick wrote: »
    A few years ago when my daughter was young, she insisted we have prawn cocktail as a starter for our christmas meal. Now it's become a thing and we all love it.. though I call it seafood salad as it's sounds better, lol.. :pac:

We have a prawn cocktail for our christmas starter too! :D

It's such an odd dish when you think about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

I’ve never had a Christmas dinner that didn’t start with a prawn cocktail! It’s my Dad’s favourite but some of the rest of the family have gotten sick of it so now there’s two starters but I always have the prawn cocktail.

Dinner was Merguez and salad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Mr.Wemmick

A pic from one Christmas.. as you can see, there's lots of salad, lol.

IMG-1527.jpg

Mr.Wemmick wrote: »
    A pic from one Christmas.. as you can see, there's lots of salad, lol.

That's a bag of salad with some prawns bud. :pac:

On the whole 70s dinner party vibe, there's a twitter account dedicated to it with some 70s greatness.

EtgQvaiWgAAPIX5?format=jpg&name=900x900

Ahh, "widow's memories" pie. :pac:

We had glazed meatloaf, baby new potatoes and sweetcorn. Delicious.

awec wrote: »
    It's such an odd dish when you think about it.

Loved it as a kid (still do) but I remember being shocked that the sauce was just a mix of mayo and ketchup (with a few additions obviously). Took away a bit of the magic for ten year old me.

Now I don't give a ****, because it's still delicious.

I had pasta with chicken in a cream cheese/chicken stock sauce. Delicious :)

20210507-201119.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Comerman

Wings and bacon ribs
    PHOTO-20210507-212804.jpg

Mother dropped over some steaks a few days ago, got around to them today. Braised chicory, and couldn't decide between garlic butter and pepper sauce, so did both.

ZVf0SNq.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 20,053 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Thai green chicken curry.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,411 ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

Sausages with mash, peas and homemade onion gravy (I totally forgot to put onions on the shopping list, but luckily had a half a large onion leftover in the fridge from another day!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

We have the boards cooking club chicken and chorizo rice bake, with chicken thighs, and addition of peppers and peas. With a large glass of cold Sauvignon Blanc. This recipe never, ever disappoints.

Advertisement