Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Here's What I Had For Dinner - Part III - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

We had burritos - the picture is from before it was rolled up.
    Wholemeal wrap, cheese, brown rice with lime, black bean stew, guacamole, tomato and coriander salsa and a bit of lettuce.
    We stuffed ourselves, but luckily, there's enough left for black bean burgers sometime this week. :D

553289.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,005 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

[IMG][/img]http://imgur.com/a/N87s3wP

Lamb neck tagine type thing with couscous and grilled courgette.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Pan-fried hake with lemon/garlic/chilli spinach and cumin pepper roast potatoes.
    yBoAtyx.jpg
    zb98bcZ.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

We had a courgette, green bean and butter bean risotto with roasted asparagus drizzled in garlic, parsley and lemon butter then coated in pecorino. Also had a salad with olives, beetroot and gherkins.

553380.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,873 ✭✭✭sporina

Pan-fried hake with lemon/garlic/chilli spinach and cumin pepper roast potatoes

that looks delicious.. you seem to be a bit of a dinger in the kitchen?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

sporina wrote: »

He's not baaaaaaad.

Matter Paneer, jeera rice and fresh, buttery chapattis

553403.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Just a fat b*stard that likes unhealthy things.

Just a fat b*stard that likes unhealthy things.

nothing too unhealthy about your Hake dish.. v well balanced and we all need some fat in our diet.. hmm hmm

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Fried sea bass fillets with mash, baby carrots and tenderstem broccoli.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Recliner

Looks messy but chilli, with guacamole, soured cream and kind of a taco/Marie Rose sauce.
    Served with grated cheese on top and chips.

Twas delish!!

"Sausage" rolls.
    The filling is finely chopped and fried up mushrooms, onions and garlic, mixed with cheese, breadcrumbs, miso paste, a drop of dark soy sauce and an egg.
    The side salad is quinoa with tomatoes, cucumber, spring onions and olives, mixed with a nice bit of peri peri sauce.

553506.jpg

Shenshen wrote: »
    "Sausage" rolls.
    The filling is finely chopped and fried up mushrooms, onions and garlic, mixed with cheese, breadcrumbs, miso paste, a drop of dark soy sauce and an egg.
    The side salad is quinoa with tomatoes, cucumber, spring onions and olives, mixed with a nice bit of peri peri sauce

that sounds and looks fab.. fair play - a lot of work went into that I bet..

that sounds and looks fab.. fair play - a lot of work went into that I bet..

Not all that much, really. The puff pastry was shop bought, and for chopping the filling I have something like this here. It's one of my favourite low-tech gadgets, it saves an awful lot of time. :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,589 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Had the (fully vaccinated! Yay! :D) in-laws over for dinner. As usual failed to snap a photo. We had Moroccan style lamb meatballs in a tomato sauce, lemon and coriander couscous with pomegranate, roasted baby potatoes, cooking club garlic sauce and a lovely salad. It was a hit and they even took the leftovers home. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,743 ✭✭✭dmc17

Fired up the pizza oven while the sun was still shining

Pizza.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Mr.Wemmick

Spag bol.. a little early for a glass of wine, but hey it's Thursday :D

IMG-1965.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

Giant bowl of carbonara for me.
    Eating nowt but Comfort food these days

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Roast chicken with veggie rice - I've probably posted photos this dinner lots of times already.

20210520-183143.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,423 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Roast chicken with veggie rice - I've probably posted photos this dinner lots of times already.

Looks lovely.

I must have a go at making that rice, but it'll probably turn to mush :(
    Any tips? :)

Chorizo/butterbean/tomato stew with spinach.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

Gyudon (Beef rice bowl), sliced up some ribeye super thin with onions, homemade dashi stock and some nice ever so slightly runny eggs

r.jpg

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Looks lovely.

I must have a go at making that rice, but it'll probably turn to mush :(
    Any tips? :)

Here's the recipe I use (serves 2):
    *1 cup of rice
    *2 cups of boiling water
    1 finely chopped onion
    1 crushed clove of garlic
    ½ a finely chopped red pepper
    ½ a finely chopped green pepper
    1 finely chopped tomato
    *1 chicken stock cube
    A handful of frozen peas
    ½ tsp cumin
    ½ tsp turmeric
    ½ tsp paprika
    A pinch of chilli powder
    Olive oil

Sauté the chopped onion, garlic and chopped peppers in the oil in a large saucepan for a few minutes then add the tomato, cumin, turmeric, chilli powder and paprika cook gently for 2-3 minutes.
    Add rice and boiling water along with the peas and stock cube.
    Bring to the boil and them simmer until all of the water is almost absorbed, then turn off the heat and leave for 10 minutes. You'll need to stir it regularly as it sticks to the bottom of the pan and burns very easily.

*Lately though, I often cook everything but the rice in a pan. I cook a bag of Aldi boil-in-the-bag rice separately with the stock cube thrown into that pot, then drain it and add to the rest when it's all cooked. The rice isn't as wet that way.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,423 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

testing...

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭conor_ie

cefh17 wrote: »
    Gyudon (Beef rice bowl), sliced up some ribeye super thin with onions, homemade dashi stock and some nice ever so slightly runny eggs

Is there room in your house for one more.. that looks aaaamazing!

Comforting, warm, creamy spicy pasta bake with mushrooms, peppers, olives and a good bit of garlic. The sauce was made with 2 tbsp of ajvar and 2 tbsp of garlic and herb cream cheese, thinned down with a bit of stock. Topped with mozzarella and baked until bubbling and browned... there were no leftovers.

553671.jpg

Pancake Cannelloni with ricotta, spinach and basil pesto.

IMG-1973.jpg

IMG-1976.jpg

Mr.Wemmick wrote: »

so pretty - whats pancake cannelloni?

Mr.Wemmick wrote: »

so pretty - whats pancake cannelloni?

Making up normal pancakes in place of pasta. Two recipes: https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/pancake-cannelloni or https://www.rte.ie/lifestyle/recipes/2013/0131/745906-pancake-cannelloni-with-spinach-and-four-cheeses/

The RTE one looks interesting as it uses Cashel blue. I loosely followed the BBC one, but added parmesan into mix and added it with mozzarella over the top.I also changed the tomato sauce part and added in a shallot with the grated garlic, sauted both in the pan then added the passata and a heaped teaspoon of roasted tomato pesto.
    Pancakes need to be thin, mine were a little too thick.

Pics of the second batch I did for the kids.

IMG-1979.jpgIMG-1980.jpgIMG-1981.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Shoelaces

Some Pork Belly

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,589 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Tesco's firepit lime tequila chicken steaks, cut into strips and stir fried with veg, noodles, sesame oil, soy sauce and sweet chilli, with some black garlic peanut rayu on top.

Advertisement