Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Here's What I Had For Dinner - Part III - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭tangy

Shoelaces wrote: »
    Some Pork Belly

It looks like you've left the tops on the carrots. Why? Can't eat them. I've seen restaurants do this, but more for show than go, Shirley?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

tangy wrote: »
    It looks like you've left the tops on the carrots. Why? Can't eat them. I've seen restaurants do this, but more for show than go, Shirley?

Well they say you eat with your eyes too, and they look prettier :)

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Recliner

Lamb kofta, chilli, tomato and butter sauce. Mint yoghurt, salad, flatbread, hummus, halloummi fries and spiced grains. And beetroot hummus for me.

Literally threw it together in 30 mins.

One of the nicest dinners ever. Yum!!!

With the post above.

With above.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,873 ✭✭✭sporina

Recliner wrote: »
    Lamb kofta, chilli, tomato and butter sauce. Mint yoghurt, salad, flatbread, hummus, halloummi fries and spiced grains. And beetroot hummus for me.

Literally threw it together in 30 mins.

One of the nicest dinners ever. Yum!!!

i don't like Halloumi but I would devour everything else.. yum yum - sounds and looks delicious

sporina wrote: »
    i don't like Halloumi but I would devour everything else.. yum yum - sounds and looks delicious

Our first time eating halloumi fries, couldn't see what all the fuss was about TBH.
    Best is, loads of leftovers for today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Mr.Wemmick

This bad weather has driven me into the kitchen. Next week, if the sun comes out, we'll be back to baked spuds and salads again in this house.. and a few nights of baked beans. :pac:

Egg fried rice, bok choy with prawns and salmon with homemade sweet chilli garlic sauce.

IMG-2006.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

Rib eye steak with parmentier potatoes and a salad of rocket, parmesan, pine nuts and basil pesto.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Ish66

I thought I would be sensible and have a light meal this evening. The intention was a Ham and Cheese Wholemeal Wrap or 2 but I ended up throwing the kitchen sink at them. They ended up as Ham, Cheese, Iceberg lettuce, Tomatoes,
    Onion, Coleslaw 2 Boiled Eggs, Cooked Chicken, Smothered in a Garlic and Herb Dressing. I destroyed the lot. :D

Wraps.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Cod goujons & chips from Leo Burdock's at Howth summit overlooking Dublin Bay. Heaven :)

20210522-190530.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,589 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Dirty Chinese takeaway tonight with a jug of margaritas while watching the Eurovision. Chicken balls, chips with curry sauce, salt and chilli shredded chicken with honey sauce. :pac:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

No pics, but we had a roast chicken earlier, with mash, carrots, brocoli, pea's and gravy. We had 2 little pals from next door with us. Their parents are Polish, but were born here. I thought they'd be tricky tonight, but the youngest tells us that the brown sauce is yummy. Lol. As long as I've been gatecrashing their dinner's, I've never seen a pot of the brown stuff on the cooker.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Striploin done medium, baked potato with butter, some carrot batons with garlic butter, onion rings in beef batter and a heap of peppered sauce.

Twas mighty stuff to be fair.

IMG-20210523-162258.jpg

We had roast loin of pork that I got in Aldi yesterday. It was lovely, but not very tender. Next time I want pork I'll buy a shoulder and roast it slowly, it's so much better.
    20210523-183851.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 15,411 ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

Confit duck, with fondant potatoes and roasted garlic broccoli.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Mr.Wemmick

Roast lamb, mixed roasted veg with feta and yorkshire pud.

IMG-2010.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,423 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

More sausage (O'Flynn's), this was from yesterday.
    Chilli and coriander "salad".

I have no idea what's in the couscous (I was drunk).
    Possibly nuts?

IMG-20210522-230129.jpg

igCorcaigh wrote: »

I have no idea what's in the couscous (I was drunk).
    Possibly nuts?

I love O'Flynn's saussies.. esp the cumberland one..

what flavour is that?

I love O'Flynn's saussies.. esp the cumberland one..

what flavour is that?

That's Cumberland.
    Their Italian ones are lovely too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭notAMember

Didn’t take photos, but I made Chicken with 40 cloves of garlic. Retro, I know. It was so easy to make, don’t even need to peel the garlic. The chicken was really tender, and the sauce was ridiculously delicious. Will be repeating some day and I’ll take a photo next time!

Had it with braised red cabbage and fennel & tomato crumble. Plenty of leftovers for the week ahead.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,589 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Thin cut steak, skin on fries and onion rings. Super fast and simple Sunday night fare.

notAMember wrote: »
    Didn’t take photos, but I made Chicken with 40 cloves of garlic. Retro, I know. It was so easy to make, don’t even need to peel the garlic. The chicken was really tender, and the sauce was ridiculously delicious. Will be repeating some day and I’ll take a photo next time!

Had it with braised red cabbage and fennel & tomato crumble. Plenty of leftovers for the week ahead.

chicken and garlic x 40 cloves??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Comerman

as drunk).
    Possibly nuts?
    If I was drunk I'd wonder why I'm eating salad and couscous :-)

Comerman wrote: »
    If I was drunk I'd wonder why I'm eating salad and couscous :-)

You would be amazed at the healthy food I make when inebriated.
    I do surprise myself.

I did go through a drunken sardine and rye bread phase...

I think it's just pure laziness not to head for the kebab shop, a dangerously 5 min walk from me!

chicken and garlic x 40 cloves??

I had to Google, but it is indeed a thing, and reads delicious!

https://www.nigella.com/recipes/chicken-with-40-cloves-of-garlic

I had to Google, but it is indeed a thing, and reads delicious!

https://www.nigella.com/recipes/chicken-with-40-cloves-of-garlic

wow - oh nowww i wanna be in France.. reminds me of a fab holiday I had in Provence.. hmmmm.... garlic.. love the stuff.. hmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Ish66

We had roast loin of pork that I got in Aldi yesterday. It was lovely, but not very tender. Next time I want pork I'll buy a shoulder and roast it slowly, it's so much better.
    20210523-183851.jpg

I Really hope the gravy went on after the photo, I really do.

• Administrators Posts: 53,832 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Sugar pit ribs and a rib eye tomahawk tonight. Amazing, I’ve been on the bbq since 11 this morning.

The ribs are genuinely a 10/10, if you ever get the chance to buy meat from Hannan Meats then buy these. :D They need absolutely nothing on them.

553909.jpeg

553907.jpeg

553908.jpeg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

This was on Saturday, when we've had beautiful sunshine all day. I was feeling really summery, so decided on a light and fresh dinner.

We had a big bowl of chopped tomatoes, red and yellow peppers, olives and feta cheese with spring onions and oregano fresh from the garden. Dressed with just some salt, balsamic vinegar and olive oil, it was just delicious with some baguette I had toasted up in the griddle pan.

553922.jpg

Advertisement