Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Here's What I Had For Dinner - Part III - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,608 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

You basically get all the raw ingredients separately packaged and a recipe card to show you how to make it. They give you almost everything you need to make the meal (I had to add a knob of butter, 750ml water and some oil to this one). It's a meal kit rather than a ready meal. It's handy enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Mr.Wemmick

Pizza this evening.

One is made with hotter pepperoni and anchovies. Bases are made with flour and greek yogurt, a simple and lovely tasting base.

IMG-2300.jpg
    IMG-2301.jpg
    IMG-2304.jpg
    IMG-2306.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,589 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Cooking club kebabs tonight. Divine as usual.

I made my own breads again, much improved on the last time. My own recipe. 250g strong flour, 1 pack yeast, around 100g Greek yoghurt, some olive oil, warm water, sugar and salt. Proved for about 8 hours. Got 4 medium breads from it, well pricked and cooked in the pizza oven - but a dry pan would also work perfectly. They were soft and delicious.

Excuse my horribly unmanicured thumb. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,473 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Sicilian pasta con pangrattato. So simply, so tasty. :)

F5-DEECCF-A6-CD-4396-BEBE-1-A7131-A79285.jpg

https://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/sicilian_pasta_con_71056

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Sushi takeaway from our favourite Japanese restaurant. A mixture of nigri, hosomaki and futomaki.

Forgot to take a photo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Recliner

An odd amalgam of foods this evening due to having freezers that are overflowing.

So, chicken wings done in the air fryer.
    Raw prawns dusted with flour, salt and pepper and paprika and then shallow fried.
    Roasted new potatoes with whole roasted garlic that my husband squeezed out and devoured.
    Asparagus.

It was fine, but definitely not a cohesive meal.

I need to see exactly what I have and meal plan then. I'm fed up of buying groceries and just filling the freezers and fridge and never having a clue what I have.
    I was very organised at one stage and would keep track on a white board, but I've just gotten lazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,005 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Mr.Wemmick wrote: »
    Pizza this evening.

One is made with hotter pepperoni and anchovies. Bases are made with flour and greek yogurt, a simple and lovely tasting base.

]

No yeast?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,974 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Shin beef. Later on....slow cooker....CAN NOT wait!!

yLvhTifl.jpg

No yeast?

No yeast. Just seasoned self-raising flour and greek yogurt & a little water. Make great naans too. I brush them with garlic butter before adding on the tomato sauce and mozzarella.

Can't find the Youtube vid recipe I've used, but this one is the same.
    Though I wrap in cling film and leave in the fridge for an hour or longer before rolling out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFtdgmORzrM

• Registered Users Posts: 6,608 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

One of the mods in Forum Games, Sullivlo, mentioned the greek yoghurt/ SR flour thing in a thread over there and it has revolutionised my life. We have flatbread/naans with all our curries now and pizza once a week using it. Its amazing.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

We had barbecued spatchcocked chicken last night, and the leftovers in chicken fried rice tonight.

Chicken fajitas that I had made up from the freezer with chips and wedges in the air fryer

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭CRI0ST0IR

I had a 5oz Bacon & Cheese Burger, large taco fries and onion rings from Supermacs, then for desert I had a McFlurry...

CRI0ST0IR wrote: »
    I had a 5oz Bacon & Cheese Burger, large taco fries and onion rings from Supermacs, then for desert I had a McFlurry...

That would be my husband's ideal Supermacs meal.

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    One of the mods in Forum Games, Sullivlo, mentioned the greek yoghurt/ SR flour thing in a thread over there and it has revolutionised my life. We have flatbread/naans with all our curries now and pizza once a week using it. Its amazing.

I found this recipe online a few years ago. I sometimes make up the mix and roll them into little meatball sized pieces. Freeze in batches, then thaw when I need and pan cook. Easiest way for fresh breads for curries, wraps or lovely with harissa lamb kofta.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Ish66

CRI0ST0IR wrote: »
    Rare treats like that are so good. I had a dinner box during the week smothered with bbq sauce, I bought a fresh batch on the same trip...Bliss !

Recliner wrote: »
    That would be my husband's ideal Supermacs meal.

To be fair, it was great.

Ish66 wrote: »
    Rare treats like that are so good. I had a dinner box during the week smothered with bbq sauce, I bought a fresh batch on the same trip...Bliss !

Treats like that are needed sometimes.

Sunday roast with bacon wrapped stuffing balls, roasted vegetables & beetroot.

IMG-2340.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Ish66

No Meat ?

• Advertisement

Ish66 wrote: »
    No Meat ?

It's skulking there in the corner - roast chicken breast. Sorry should've mentioned it.. got so excited by the roasted beetroot, forgot about the chicken, lol. My husband cooked dinner today and he does great roasted vegetables with beetroot.. me being a good wife, just ate & enjoyed it with a glass of wine :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,743 ✭✭✭dmc17

Freshly caught mackerel with some wedges and roasted tomatoes

dinner.png

• Registered Users Posts: 6,873 ✭✭✭sporina

dmc17 wrote: »
    Freshly caught mackerel with some wedges and roasted tomatoes

gee that mackerel looks gooooood

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

A vegetable korma with rice and garlic coriander parathas.

556470.jpg

Peppered burgers with smoked paprika chips - made in the air fryer

IMG-2350.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,589 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Pasta bake here tonight. Simple and satisfying.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

My usual repertoire of saag aloo, veg and chickpea curry and rice with lentils boiled in it.

Still stuffed hours later.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

Falafel on fresh homemade flatbreads with houmous (mixed bean - I still can't believe we ran out of tinned chickpeas!!!) with some fresh veg and drizzled in peri peri sauce.
    I'll admit, it was a bit of a faff making all this on a weeknight, but it was very satisfying eating it while watching the football.

556548.jpg

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭conor_ie

Pork Belly Ribs and Spare Ribs from Sunday's BBQ.. I promise there was more but they didn't fit on the board!

We also had Crispy Chicken Wings, Spuds, Sweetcorn and Burgers!

KD9a7BVl.jpg

• Advertisement

Egg fried rice with left over chicken thighs and some prawns in sticky glazed sauce (not that sticky, ran out of honey).

IMG-2353.jpg

Advertisement