Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Here's What I Had For Dinner - Part III - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Roast chicken with baked potatoes and sweetcorn.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

Butternut squash risotto and lashings of parmesan on top with some garlic bread

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Bratwurst with mash & beans.

I was heartbroken to discover that my big jar of sauerkraut had been 'disappeared' by Mrs B for "taking up too much fecking room & sure you haven't eaten it in months!"
    "But I haven't had fecking bratwurst to eat it with in months!"

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Alun wrote: »
    Aren't you supposed to remove the blue elastic band from the Asparagus before cooking it? :D:D

I put it on after cos I like the little bushels :P

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Roast corn cobs with crunchy little gem lettuce and a yoghurt dressing, grated cheese and garlic croutons.

(I will be topping up the belly later however as I just wanted somethjng light before getting out for a walk)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Lazy night for me. Pasta with sundried tomato and garlic ready-made sauce, and a chopped up rasher in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

3 egg omelette with cheddar cheese and sauteed red onion, nice and melty ! Just what you need for a sunny Monday evening !

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Settled for the second tesco chicken and bacon thingie ( lost the name;it will return!) with sweet potato chips and some delicious gravy I had made too much of. The water I cooked the carrots and cauli in with gravy granules .

That was lunchtime as that is when I have my main meal.

Supper? Tangy cheese pasta salad courtesy of ALDI, and half a Bounty Bar

Kiev is the name.. slight time lapse sometimes

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Made some delicious sweet potato wedges last night to go with a spicy bean burger from Lidl. I also made a dip for the wedges with natural yogurt and a bit of cayenne pepper mixed through it. It was yum!

411817.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,589 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

We had spag bol with a hape of carrots, celery, onions and garlic in it. I added a couple of spoonfuls of fig and balsamic chutney to add some depth along with the usual stock, herbs, tomatoes etc. Delish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,166 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

An oven roasted chicken fillet coated in green pesto and topped off with tomato slices and mozzerella. A baked spud with slaw on top is on the side. Bainne to wash it down. Deserves a photo. Next time!

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭arian

We had All In One Chicken With New Potatoes & Peppers. It was tasty, but the recipe is poo. It all looked like it wouldn't be enough cooking, and that was right. We cooked the potatoes at the beginning for an extra 15-20 minutes, and the chicken for an extra 20 minutes. All was done, but we should have given it another 10-15 minutes to make it good.

We used some of those Lidl peppers in a jar, coz they'd been in the fridge for a long time.

The photo in the link makes the dish look wet and undercooked. Perhaps a clue :)

I've saved several recipes from that site; this is the first we've cooked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

Yeh that chicken doesn't look cooked at all. Never heard of that website before.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭arian

I think it's just a local newspaper site. Writer might be good; might not :) All these journalists got to start somewhere.

Had cracking burgers & homemade chips courtesy of my BIL last night. Beef patties with shredded courgette, ginger & mustard. The courgette kept the burgers quite moist, & the ginger & mustard gave them a nice bit of heat.

I got a late pass today to watch the Ireland game, but have my chilli & lemon ramen all prepped for when I rock in a bit worse for wear this evening.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Spend a good chunk of the day up at the Dublin bay prawn festival. Langostines, mussels, prawns and oysters. I need a sleep now, so full. Great set up.

SB_Part2 wrote: »
    Yeh that chicken doesn't look cooked at all. Never heard of that website before.

* shudder *

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Mr. Dizzy cooked tonight - chicken breast portions with a spicy rub, roasted with lots of veg and baby potatoes around them. It was a one-dish feast, and the leftover roasted veg will go into vegetable soup for tomorrow's lunch :)

Tender steak fajitas with a home made spice rub, and home made guacamole and salsa, with cheese and sour cream on warm wraps, with a bottle of prosecco to wash it down and some malteasers for afters.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

funnily enough this post is quite quite similar to one above! up the mexicans ;]

I brought home a mixed bowl from work (mexican place)

tortilla chips, a bit of shredded beef, homemade guacamole, homemade spicy salsa, sauteed onions and peppers, and sweetcorn salsa aswell as a few jalapenos...my favourite from there.. on the late shift only home & sooo good before bed.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Maritime cafe, delicious and great value, huge.

G7Q3HRql.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

I had beige food - baby potateos fried in butter, cauliflower and tinned whie asparagus in parsley sauce.

Looked ever so bland, but tasted really, really lovely.

Slow roast shoulder of lamb done with a wet rub of oil, minced rosemary, garlic & lemon zest, & sea salt. Served with buttered green beans, kale & peas.

Shenshen wrote: »
    I had beige food - baby potateos fried in butter, cauliflower and tinned whie asparagus in parsley sauce.

Looked ever so bland, but tasted really, really lovely.

That's not beige food! Beige food would be frozen vegetable quarter pounders in breadcrumbs from a box and oven chips. You've just described a good meal!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,789 ✭✭✭Alf Stewart.

Haven't uploaded photos in a while, but here goes.

Paddys day I made a Creole style steak, served with a side of home made barbecued style smoky beans, topped with cheddar.

SQ7ckp.jpg

Yesterday my eldest daughter reminded me that I had promised to make this dish for us for weeks, so I had ro relent.

We had rancheros, which are quite similar to enchiladas, in that they're baked, they consisted of a spicy tomato sauce base, with some mixed veg and chicken pieces, makes wells for baked eggs in the middle.

Served up somewhat like fajitas, ie, they go into a tortilla, and consumed like a wrap. They were very good actually.

Sorry, but I almost forgot to photograph them. This was the last few spoonfuls. :P

ywr1lJ.jpg

I have a chilli already in the slow cooker for tomorrow, as all hands will be working. Added in a few squares of dark chocolate, as i heard it's supposed to add a lot of favour and depth.

Photos later.

How do you make those barbecued style smoky beans? I'm always on the lookout for new bean recipes :D

That's not beige food! Beige food would be frozen vegetable quarter pounders in breadcrumbs from a box and oven chips. You've just described a good meal!

Well, ok, yes, but it was still a plate with no colour other than shades of beige ;) That's why I didn't bother with a picture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,789 ✭✭✭Alf Stewart.

Shenshen wrote: »
    How do you make those barbecued style smoky beans? I'm always on the lookout for new bean recipes :D

Really easy.

Drain two tins of mixed beans (Aldi do good ones) and fry for a few mins to crisp up. Throw in a cup and a half of passata, and stir.

Add to that, 2 x tbs of ketchup, 2 x tbs of brown sauce (hp etc), a teaspoon of Tabasco sauce, a teaspoon of Worcester sauce, a heaped teaspoon of English mustard, and a teaspoon of honey.

Stir well until everything has blended well.

Sprinkle cheese over the top.

Put in oven for ten mins or so until golden.

Tastes even better the next day. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,472 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Slow cooked cauliflower served with roasted broccoli, garlic beans and pesto chicken

1892A5B9-D5D4-4A73-81DE-0BAC890BFF1A_zpshdtcuqv6.jpg

Recipe here for the cauliflower http://cooktopcove.com/2017/03/02/how-to-make-whole-cauliflower-in-a-slow-cooker/?src=mkt_59074&t=syn&utm_campaign=coschedule&utm_source=facebook_page&utm_medium=Mykidstime

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

My oven is in use baking a wedding cake this evening so I was restricted to stove top cooking. I could easily have made a curry or pasta but all I wanted was a whopper bowl of porridge on a miserable night like tonight. Was just in from a run and cold to the bone, oats with soy milk and big spoonful of hazelnut butter was just what I needed.

Advertisement