Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Here's What I Had For Dinner - Part III - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭Black Sheep

Korean chicken again, I have about three recipes for this, still refining.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Fillet steak, home made mushroom sauce, roast potatoes, carrots and broccoli. Nice bottle of prosecco. And Bailey's tiramisu for dessert.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭mrmorgan

Chicken leftovers and some egg fried rice. Jaru peanut rayu on top. I prefer Kawnghi’s black bean rayu or White Mausu chili rayu.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭put_the_kettle_on

We're having chicken benchiladas.

No it's not a typo. I've sort of merged the recipes ( burritos and enchiladas ) without realising and that's what the Egg has christened the result ☺️

• Advertisement

Cleaned out the bbq last night, I'm not too good at it compared to my stove... but practice will help. In saying that the lamb chops turned out great!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,873 ✭✭✭sporina

we do critique in this thread - posts get lots of compliments.. mine wasn't a -ve.. I said "wow".. but too rare for "me"..

• Registered Users Posts: 15,411 ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

Bun Bo Nam Bo: South vietnamese style rice noodles with beef, peanuts, lettuce, basil and herbs

Lamb skewers on the bbq, new potatoes and chicken Korean from m&s

Pulled shoulder of pork on the Big Green Egg. 125 degrees for about 11 hours. To internal temp of 90 degrees or so.

Made a Pitt Cue Co rub and applied it the night before.

Served it basted in a mother sauce made of shallots, Madeira, stock, trimmings and a mix of ketchup, mustard, apple juice, apple cider vinegar, molasses, Worcestershire sauce and hot sauce.

Buns, slaw and potato salad from the shop.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Looks great @mrmorgan, can I ask what is the ingredient from M&S, is it Korean chicken or just a Korean spice?

Looks phenomenal @Black Sheep!

(Psst... can you provide the name of the recipe book please? And could I manage this without a BBQ?)

The book is the Pitt Cue Co recipe book. Really recommend it, great for mixed drinks, rubs, sauces and slaws as well as the “obvious” recipes for pulled pork and brisket.

You can absolutely make pulled pork in a conventional oven. You could replicate the rub, cook the pork low and slow, make the mother sauce like I did and baste the meat the same way.

What you wouldn’t get is the flavour effect of the smoke when using a smoker / BBQ set up. (Although actually after about 2 hours of smoking what is going to penetrate the surface is already in, after that there’s no change)

To be honest it would still taste really good, I would try it.

It’s a bit heretical to say this but there’s also liquid smoke you can buy that apparently yields pretty good results. Not my thing but apparently it’s not actually awful.

Sorry is was actually this one I had.... the Korean one was a Couple of nights ago( was also delicious)

i love the place

BBQ rib eye with new potatoes... not normally good at steak, but got this right

.. don't worry loads more to have ha

• Registered Users Posts: 7,380 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Veggie pasta to use up some leftovers, lovely but asparagus pee is really awkward when you're recovering from surgery and can't properly wash your nether regions.

100% too much ragu to pasta ratio on the bolognese, but f*ck it the sauce is the nice part, right?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,973 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Been a while since I made sushi, not neat but hey..........gave it a lash.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,005 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Not too shabby, either!

I'd say I haven't made sushi in nearly 20 years.

On a roll......wait.....coat 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 17,005 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Looks fantastic. I've never even tried the "inside out rolls". They can't be easy to get neat!

• Advertisement

YouTube ......without it and the tutorials........

Just had to use up the leftovers from yesterday. Even a second attempt, you get the hang of it. Seemed easier today, teething problems yesterday. Yes, the rice on the outside is trickier but cling film is used to interface the bamboo mat. Game changer.

I must make it regularly now to keep the hand in. Needs to be garnished......all in the planning.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

Mushroom risotto on Friday...

... and using the leftover risotto to make arancini on Saturday.

• Administrators Posts: 53,829 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

There is a recipe for pulled pork in the boards cooking club forum, made using a slow cooker instead of a bbq/smoker.

Tarka dal. Split peas instead of lentils because I was apparently half asleep when making dinner. Very tasty all th same. Gonna be radioactive tomorrow mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

Nothing wrong with Tuvar Dal Tadka! I make that often enough, I rather prefer it to the red lentil version, it's got a bit more texture. And your tadka is looking amazing!

Hah. I suppose I would have to change the name to reflect the split peas, wouldn't I! Yeah, there was definitely more of a texture to it. Will play around with lentils / split peas next few times I'm making it. Herself isn't too gone on this kind of meal, she's not a massive fan of pulses/beans really, which is a pity, because I love it.

Pork chop! Bit of a messy presentation..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,279 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Tuna and chickpea curry - recipe was my own, just threw it together but it’s delicious!

Few potatoes and a courgette to use up before they went off. Baked, courgette sauteed with garlic and onion, added some cream cheese and bacon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,793 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Korean fried chicken and chips.

Unusual but delicious chips

Advertisement