Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Here's What I Had For Dinner - Part III - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,166 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Chicken Madras, Basmati Rice and Garlic & Coriander Naan Bread. Takes about one hour from prep to service. I prefer the slow simmer in a pot as opposed to a slow cooker.

Chicken Madras.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Bishopsback

I had yesterdays steak with fresh mash and veg and onion gravy.
    I missed dinner yesterday, was lucky I wasn't wearing the steak.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Steak with waaaaay to much tempura veg (sweet potato, courgette, broccoli, baby corn). Unfortunately I was so focussed on the tempura that I overcooked the steak. I'm off to scourge myself in penance.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

I had something yummy, but I'm not sure what to cal it.

A Lidl small ciabatta roll cut in half, covered with a mushroom, leek and garlic creamy sauce with a little truffle oil, cheese on top and baked.
    A bruschetta of some kind maybe? Very tasty either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

The second one of these beauties, cooked rare, with butter fried onions.
    I don't often buy steak but I couldn't walk past that marbling!!

kIRjcznm.jpg?1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

That's Lidl isn't it, were they nice?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

That's Lidl isn't it, were they nice?

Yep Lidl, though it's once in a blue moon I find steaks in there with that marbling. . Absolutely amazing. I salted it & let it sit for a couple of hours, then patted it dry & rubbed it with a bit of oil. Straight onto a hot pan for a few mins each side.
    The steak on the right had a particularly tender piece on the side, melt in the mouth!

I must try some, I have a stone pan for steaks which hasn't seen the light in a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

Realise iv posted already today but... Felt I couldn't leave this one pass! Late dinner of homemade chicken satay with egg noodles..

Absolutely unreal :o.
    Marinaded the chicken first in lemon juice, peanut butter, soy sauce and garlic. Made sauce with onions, chilli powder, curry powder, garlic, soy sauce, peanut butter , brown sugar, walnut oil, water and coconut milk..

Will never be getting Chinese again! Ha... Its a nigella recipe and extremely easy would recommend it to anyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Quite a colourful dinner last night. Salmon & pesto, couscous salad, and potato & cheese crocquettes.

415612.JPG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

That couscous looks fab!

Very quick and easy dinner this evening of vegetable fritatta with a side of coleslaw. I didn't realise when I started to make the coleslaw that we had no mayo :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Butternut squash and spinach curry served with a grilled turkey breast, so tasty

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

Stuffed butternut squash with cous cous, pine nuts, roasted peppers and tomatoes with rocket on top. Tasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

One pot honey-mustard and rosemary chicken on a bed of potatoes and onions. Delicious, easy and a hit with 2 out of 3 of the kids!!

Oh that looks tasty.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByyOoivR-g9oRXhxLU5CNm9GYTg/view?usp=drivesdk

Smoked brisket. Had it on at 250 from 730-330. I won't put a rub on it next time, but it was nice for my maiden brisket.

beertons wrote: »
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByyOoivR-g9oRXhxLU5CNm9GYTg/view?usp=drivesdk

Smoked brisket. Had it on at 250 from 730-330. I won't put a rub on it next time, but it was nice for my maiden brisket.

That looks great.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,472 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Every time I make this, I always say I should make it more often - and then forget!

Pork Souvlaki with Salad, Tzatziki and Pittas. (With added interfering kid's hand!)

49A98E16-2F38-436D-979B-1163BDC36DCE_zpsbhyinel9.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,589 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Fresh pasta with pesto, dressed salad of leaves and tomatoes, garlic bread. Rhubarb crumble and ice cream. All the carbs.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Lentil marinara on wholegrain pasta. First time trying it and I'll definitely be doing it again with a few tweaks to improve it I think.

• Advertisement

Smoky lentil stew. Yum.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

Blackened salmon tacos with mango guacamole and black rice. Very yum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Lady is a tramp

Chicken marinated in lemon, lime, garlic and chili, then fried up in coconut oil with peppers, onions, spinach, few spices etc. Served in wraps with a yoghurt sauce (with chives, pineapple and cucumber in it.) And some mango chutney. Actually turned out really lovely. :) Went down well with everyone!

I'm temporarily living at home with my parents. You'd think they'd be delighted to have someone doing the cooking for a while, but my mam is jealous that everyone prefers my cooking to hers, my dad keeps making digs at her about it, and my little sisters keep saying my cooking doesn't count as dinner as there are usually no potatoes involved. :rolleyes: They still gobble it all up though!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

Quick and simple for mid-week: Pasta with broccoli, and garlic bread on the side.

k9ieyg.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,589 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Sirloin steak, chips and salad. Super quick and tasty.

Sirloin steak, chips and salad. Super quick and tasty.

SNAP!

Although I did go all out on triple cooked chips. Worth the effort.

Satay turkey burgers with sweet potato chips

The satay turkey burgers sound very nice. Gotta a recipe?

Grandeeod wrote: »

The satay turkey burgers sound very nice. Gotta a recipe?

It's from my own head really but:

1 shallot
    2 garlic clove
    3cm grated ginger
    2 tbsps chopped coriander
    1 red chilli
    1 rind lemon
    1 lemon juice
    1 teaspoon ground coriander
    2 tbsps coconut oil
    2 tbsps smooth peanut butter

All blitzed together and combined with 1kg turkey mince, I always like to cook multiple portions

I weight out 100g burgers, seal each side on a hot pan, no oil as oil in burgers is enough, and in a hot oven for 10 mins (220 degrees)

• Advertisement

Himself cooked sweet potato balls with roasted cherry tomatoes and cauliflower and garlic mushrooms and spinach.

photo%203_zpsgok4bbbq.jpg

Advertisement