Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Here's What I Had For Dinner - Part III - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,589 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

gimmick

/ˈɡɪmɪk/

noun

a trick or device intended to attract attention, publicity, or trade.

---

Hardly. This is a pot that sears, slow cooks and pressure cooks. Extremely useful for those of us with busy lives.

Your judgemental tone is unwelcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭con747

Far quicker than a slow cooker and no need to stand around watching an old pressure cooker. You can set it on the timer to have dinner ready when you get home and it uses far less electricity which is the way of the future. Maybe not for everyone but I think I will make the most of it and reduce my electricity consumption as well. A beef curry in it now for dinner tonight.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭pigtail33

I use mine all the time. I'm vegetarian and it can cook all my lentil dishes in a fraction of the time needed on the hob. I also set it to cook a piece of bacon for my elderly parents at lunch time once a week, so all they have to do is take it out of the pot and devour it. It also makes amazing cheesecakes and rice puddings, although I would advise using a different sealing ring for the sweet dishes. I even made sticky toffee puddings in it over Christmas.

Probably the least 'gimmicky' and most used gadget I have ever bought for my kitchen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭ArtyM

Quit smoking recently so compensating by making more food than I could possibly eat.

In one day alone I made Sausage rolls, fried fresh Mackerel, stuffed mushrooms, and Sourdough bread. Truth be told I also made homemade burgers but those were consumed while cooking the above.

Pavlova was a first attempt, tasted good but I need more practice.

Most tasted better than they looked.

They all look fantastic to me! Well done and hope you can stay off the fags :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,473 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Well done ArtyM. The cravings always go away, always!

Good luck to you.

We had lamb Rogan Josh tonight with rice, naan and poppadoms.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,875 ✭✭✭sporina

@ArtyM well done on giving up the fags.. all that food looks fabb... go you..

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

That's my favourite curry!

I had roast duck and plum sauce with noodles, from my local Chinese takeaway tonight, it was yum!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭bmc58

Not bad at all.I'd have some of that.Brocoli is a nice toutch.

• Advertisement

Looks yummy.But you know that when you quit the fags you might put on a few pounds.Be careful.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭raclle

You got there before me. Its a side effect to smoking unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,411 ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

We rarely order takeaways these days, but tonight we got Camile. I had beef massaman, with jasmine rice and crispy shallots (didn't serve it all up at once - went back to the cartons for some more and should still be enough leftover for lunch tomorrow too!). Himself got the crispie chilli chicken. So much noms.

just had thee most delicious fillet of hake with roast veg n baby spuds.. hmm. hm.. all ingredients from the english market and the best bit - I didn't hav to cook it hmm hmm.. himself loves to cook - blessed.. i do most of the wash up though lol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭con747

Beef curry & peri peri packet rice with garlic & cheese ciabatta

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

Are Camile Thai good? I see that there is a branch in the suburbs of Cork here. Wondering should I visit...

All looks delicious, but especially those garlic & cheese ciabatta!!

I'm going to make chicken fajitas.

mates wer just talking about it last night - they recommend it

• Registered Users Posts: 15,411 ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

I've always really liked it anyway! We used to order from them regularly, but this was the first time in a good year or two and it's still as tasty as I remember :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

22 oz bone-in ribeye. Stingy amount of bearnaise, but just asked for more. Medium-rare throughout. First time in years that I've gotten around to an FXB.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭ArtyM

I have a cunning plan for that, cook badly.

Today I made Salted Caramel and a lemon sponge cake.

The first batch of Caramel was bad, so I made a second. The second was not much better.

(My mistake was not heating the cream)

While focusing on the Caramel, I burnt the sponge.

No pounds gained today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Comerman

Just Euro's lost 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭samo

Would definitely challenge the instant pot being a gimmick! Only recently started using it for stews after reading it here and is an absolute game changer, 30 mins pressure cook after sear and had never thought to use it but unbelievable stews, also great for cooking rice, soups, we even cooked the Christmas pudding in it which usually takes 6 hours steaming and did in 45 mins.

Probably the best kitchen “gimmick” we have 😂

A good recipe for a long and happy realationship.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,974 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Quack.

So, last week I bought a red cabbage, cooked it (Delia Smith Spiced red c) and froze it in about 5 jam jars. Parmesan Croquette potatoes, frozen, left over from Christmas. Banged up a small orange sauce and Bob’ your…..

10 minute dinner. Max 😀

Mexican chicken with rice* and salad.

• riceberry, a bit overcooked maybe
    Post edited by igCorcaigh on

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

I had a friend show me some new recipes. It's just simple, but seriously tasty streetfood. "Poor man's food", I was told. I'm happy to be a poor man 😁

Mushroom masala and bhurij pav

• Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Chicken, fennel, pear and apple salad. Lots of greens underneath.

Very random weeknight dinner of breaded chicken with refried beans (no way of making that look appealing) and rice with veggies and pickle.

That Lingham's chilli sauce is tasty (but very sugary).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭davehey79

Vermecelli noodle broth with prawns

was absolutely delicious

Advertisement