Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Here's What I Had For Dinner - Part III - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,873 ✭✭✭sporina

yes its quality ham and it gave this dish a little kick - a more rounded flavour... an umami element without being over powering (rashers are ott I find).. but it was so much better today (day 3).. tis gone now..

some blacky ham would be lovely in said omelette..

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,589 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Aubergine parmigiana and the rest of the leftover crumble and custard. Pure comfort food for this miserable neverending winter.

@Dave_The_Sheep did ye survive the 4 day marinade?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

I was honestly very tempted to not reply and never post on Boards again for the gag. But they were actually very good. A bit tangier than the ones I had the day after I made them (it was the leftovers of a batch) but texture wise they were fine. It's something I'm going to have to experiment with and try difference spice mixes.

Meatballs in creamy tarragon mushroom sauce with mash and some veg. Reckon I'll make my own meatballs next time, as a whole this was lovely but would be much nicer with properly flavoured meatballs.

Post edited by Dave_The_Sheep on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,947 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Made some nice bits lately

quick and easy marinated salmon rice bowl with broccoli

Large shell Pasta with spinach and mascarpone

Aubergine parmigiana

• Registered Users Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭con747

Beef Stew

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,747 ✭✭✭brookville

Looks delicious. Could you share the recipe please 🙏

• Advertisement

hmm looks delicious - love fish

we had hake last night - fresh from the english market.. and best of all - it was plated up to me after my post hike show hmm.. I was proper hungry - he roasted it with some sauteed garlic and onion.. gee twas delicious.. served with some garden veg and roast baby spuds.. hmm..

followed by a rhubard and custard pastry thing from the grumpy bakers - bakewell tart for me - not a fan of rhubarb

King prawn and chicken Burrito's

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Snowcast

It's been ages since I've posted in here, but I wanted to share some standout meals from the past few days. We were in SOLE on South Wiliam Street twice in the past few weeks for some special occasions.

First visit we had Scallops and Caesar Salad (starters), Sole Meunière and Fish ‘n’ chips (mains), Deconstructed Pavlova and Chocolate Brownie. 

Second visit we had Howth smoked organic Salmon and Seafood Chowder (starters), Fish Pie and Mussels (mains), Lemon Tart and Chocolate Brownie (dessert). We shared a bottle of Reserve de l'Aube and it was super. Really lovely and fresh, went great with the seafood.

The Lemon tart was filled with Lemon curd which was beautiful. It wasn't sour or tarty, it had a gorgeous flavour and the chocolate on the tart worked well with it.

Food was absolutely superb both times. Staff were wonderful, friendly, chatty and attentive but not at all imposing. The portions are generous (in our opinion). We can't wait to go back.

Yesterday we had pasta and pizza from a local Italian, both were delicious as always, and we had leftovers this evening.

A great weekend for food, celebrations and the rugby.

Back to cooking (and healthy eating) from tomorrow.

Korma. I ate too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

Sure, it's really simple.

Stir-fry whatever veg you have around. For us it was carrots, mushrooms, onions, peppers, runner beans and broccoli.

For the sauce, mix 2 tbsp of peanut butter, 1 tbsp of tomato puree and 1 tbsp of soy sauce with about 300ml stock (or more, depending on how thick or runny you like the sauce). When the veg are done, pour the sauce over them and let it bubble up. It will thicken really quickly.

A bit of sriracha for heat and and squeeze of lemon or lime juice, and you're done.

Had this on Sunday, because what would you do on a grey and rainy day other than cook?

Mushroom masala, dal tadka, garlic&coriander naans.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,281 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Omg Shenshen, that looks amazing!!

Prawn and leftover steak soft tacos with some leftover cabbage. Lime, mango and chilli with the prawns, horseradish creme fraiche with the steak.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Looks class Dave, would love to try this but maybe OTT for just one 😥

• Advertisement

That looks like the real job @Shenshen, I must try to make my own naan; my first attempts at flatbreads were a fail, but that was with wholewheat flour.

Oddly enough, only reason I did it was because it was for one, herself was buggering off for dinner with her mother. Not much to it tbh. Steak and creme fraiche was already done as were the onions. Cooking prawns, chopping chilli/cabbage and mango was pretty much it. And now I think on it, I forgot the kewpie mayo. Damnit.

Oh, you do far more effort than me LOL. Kewpie mayo is nice, but a bit sweet for me? Might be nice to mix with miso?

I'm honestly unsure if I like it that much or not, but it's what I have made at the moment so I'm getting through it. I actually did see someone mix with miso on a youtube video earlier on today so I might give it a go.

The flour makes such a difference for flatbreads (at least Indian ones!) For naans, I'll use just regular white flour, as they do need a bit more gluten. But when making parathas or chapatis, I get chapati flour from the Indian shop. It's a bit lower in gluten than the regular white, and a little coarser ground.

These naans are made with a really simple recipe : Flour, yoghurt, ghee, baking powder, salt. It's very similar to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,005 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

An old favourite that we haven't had in a while here.

Grilled chicken thighs, grilled garlicy tomatoes, lemony sweetheart cabbage, polenta, garlic and lemon chicken jus. Love it!

hmm so summery - and lovvvvve garlic.. and chicken.. nom nom

• Registered Users Posts: 17,005 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

There's only two cloves of garlic in the whole meal for two. One on the tomatoes, and one in the jus/sauce/gravy/whateveryouwanttocallit, but loads of flavour!

I love how sometimes a tiny bit of garlic does the trick and in other situations, it's counting garlic in heads rather than cloves!

Honey, garlic, balsamic, smoked paprika, spicy Carolina Reaper sauce and chipotle chicken skewers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Comerman

May I ask for the recipe please 😁 love the hot sauce 🔥

Advertisement