Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Here's What I Had For Dinner - Part III - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Recliner

No pic but spaghetti carbonara with guanciale.

I'm still fit to burst.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭con747

Shop bought Lasagne and wedges

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,192 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Where's the lasagne from?. Looks nice enough I think?

If they put some tomato puree or actual tomatoes into it it would be a nice Lasagne. It has everything but that tomato taste. Aldi's Inspired Cuisine 400g €3.59 https://groceries.aldi.ie/en-GB/p-beef-lasagne-450g-inspired-cuisine/4088600554808 I find it next to impossible to buy a decent supermarket one. I make my own every few months but not in a while.

Aldi's Wagyu burger with fried shallots mustard and tomato sauce with cheese slices, nice enough. I'll get them again. I didn't use any oil in the pan because it has enough fat content. @igCorcaigh you were asking about these. I squished it a bit to flatten it out more and it cooked well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭ArtyM

Nice juicy medium steak and homemade fries.

Couldn't decide on which sauce to make - either peppercorn, mushroom, or blue cheese so I settled and made the holy Trinity of all three combined.

Decadently delicious.

Camera on my phone is not working so no pic, sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,005 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Retro, complete with curly parsley garnish😊.

Breaded chicken breast on the bone. Baked potatoes, roast tomato, carrots and sweetcorn.

Solo dinner. Inhaled it 🙂

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,422 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Thanks @con747! That looks good to me... mmm haven't had a burger in many months. Will look out for them in my local Aldi.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,231 ✭✭✭jellybear

@con747 Not sure if you've tried this one from M&S. My husband raves about it. I have the vegetarian lasagne from the same range and it's delicious!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,589 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

We just had @Padraig Mor 's Cooking Club kebabs for dinner, but with a slight hack. My son won't eat the kebab meat but he will eat meatballs. So I followed the recipe exactly but made meatballs with it and cooked them for a shorter time... My son ate 8 of them and a wholemeal pitta. No salad or sauces were imbibed (other than ketchup) but I'm counting it as a win.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,589 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Oh and it was delicious as usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Roasted a chicken with a load of peri peri spice paste all over it. Lemon parsley couscous and some lightly roasted courgette.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 523 Mod ✭✭✭✭TheKBizzle

Some canapés we had last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,473 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Always amazing KBizzle. Just a couple of questions today…….

Does anybody ever help you?

Do you have to wash up ever?

No I don’t get any help. It actually looks like more effort than it is. It’s more of an assembly job an hour before putting it on the table. Everybody helps to tidy up afterwards.

Bangers & Mash with a Guinness onion gravy

^^ 😋 Guinness onion gravy... that's on my list to make! Might use the foreign export for extra flavour...

Yeah I reduced it in a separate pan and just added a small bit of honey. Then slowly add it to the pan with the onions and some stock. Plates practically licked clean.

Presentation isn't great, but grilled chicken with baby roasted potatoes and lots of Mediterranean vegetables. And hot sauce!

Post edited by igCorcaigh on

• Advertisement

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

God I haven't been in here in I don't know how long.

Had a bit of a funky omelette for dinner earlier. Onion, mushrooms, peppers, garlic. It was frying away no bother, and I put in some dark soy sauce. Then the eggs. Wow, so different.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,192 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Ah yeah. Good different. Still an omelette though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

Fresh from the garden : patty pan squashes stuffed with peppers and mushrooms and topped with cheese

• Administrators Posts: 53,829 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Bubbles turns six today so she is having a sous vide duck breast, pan seared with sweet potato purée, micro greens and a dreamie and catnip crumb…

• Registered Users Posts: 8,473 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Jebus, that last year flew by! (Or did it?) 🤔

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,974 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

First time…..Mac & Cheese. Crikey…..it’s good!!

Colemans mustard, nutmeg, Gruyere etc etc

Advertisement