Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Here's What I Had For Dinner - Part III - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,707 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

200g of Greek yoghurt - 50g of olive oil - 100g of feta, juice of a lemon, food sprinkle of pepper, and done in the food processor.

Someone please tell me it was made incorrectly.

Nope, that's it. Was your feta very fresh? I find it's nicer if the feta has already been opened before you make it. You could always just crumble a bit more feta in and lash it back in the blender to mix again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,789 ✭✭✭Alf Stewart.

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Nope, that's it. Was your feta very fresh? I find it's nicer if the feta has already been opened before you make it. You could always just crumble a bit more feta in and lash it back in the blender to mix again.

Yeah, I believe it was fresh (we had some for this evenings dinner in a salad) personally, I reckon I might need to increase the feta from 100g - 150, maybe 200g (to get past the yoghurt taste)

I haven't given up on it, will give it a lash again some evening next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Fish & chips here tonight as it is National Fish & Chips Day, and I was out all day & did not fancy cooking when I got home late.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,166 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Fish & chips here tonight as it is National Fish & Chips Day, and I was out all day & did not fancy cooking when I got home late.

Did the same myself and didn't even bother putting it on a plate. Straight out of the bag with bread and butter on a napkin beside me!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Did the same myself and didn't even bother putting it on a plate. Straight out of the bag with bread and butter on a napkin beside me!

Same here but I couldn't finish it :o

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

We had slow roasted shoulder of pork with a garlic/smoked paprika rub, with boiled new potatoes and sautéed veg.

Dinner.jpg
    upload photo

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,589 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Last night we had little little home made beef and red wine pies, with croquettes, carrots, broccoli and gravy.

Tonight we're having friends over so we're having roast rib of beef, roast potatoes, cauliflower cheese and roasted carrots. Dessert will be Daim cake (thanks IKEA), ice cream and warm chocolate sauce. A few glasses of vino on the cards too. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,707 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Yis are all having very wintery dishes for this time of year!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭Loveinapril

Salmon fishcakes and stir fried veg and noodles. Pic was taken before I drowned it in sweet chilli sauce.

One of my faves tonight and haven't had it in a while.

Homemade beef burger, mash and peas with a pepper, onion and mushroom gravy. Rainy day food. Wholesome baby!

• Advertisement

Sushi night! It was a mixture of cucumber, spring onion, red pepper and sweet potato tempura. The pic is too big so I can't upload it.

I figured out how to make the photo smaller!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

:pac:

And we had a nice warming chicken curry tonight! Miserable rain...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Have ya looked out the window today :D

vicwatson wrote: »

I am having pork and apple sausages, mash and onion gravy tomorrow night. The ultimate winter dinner!

I am having pork and apple sausages, mash and onion gravy tomorrow night. The ultimate winter dinner!

Awesome stuff all year round!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Johnnyhpipe

.....camping tomorrow and have the bbq, gas cooker and uuni pizza oven packed along with utensils, fuel and food... the missus going mad! 😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

.....camping tomorrow and have the bbq, gas cooker and uuni pizza oven packed along with utensils, fuel and food... the missus going mad! 😂😂

We went camping last night. At least we tried to. but the whole time we were setting up I was thinking "somethin not quite right with the little fella". long story short ended up packing up and leaving at 9pm to get him to the doc. as it turns out, it lashed rain all night anyway. At least we got the BBQ in though! Gonna try overnight again in a few weeks.

Dinner tonight from the lemongrass restaurant. I had tofu Singapore noodles and for my husband was beef pad Thai. Very tasty and the fact it comes in the boxes and with chop sticks makes a nice change!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Johnnyhpipe

Hope the little man's all good now!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

I hope your little guy is okay Whispered and it is nothing serious :) Sending him big hugs :)

Steak and salad here tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,382 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

I have a nice bit of pork fillet

Suggestions please!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

lawred2 wrote: »

Suggestions please!?

Stuff it with apple and sausage meat. Season well, bit of gravy some Mediterranean veg and potatoes roasted crispy.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Oh thank you, yes he's fine now. He just had a bit of a viral thing, but was hysterically upset, partly I think from being unable to just go to his own bed to nap. The doc and his own bed and he was much better next day. Being two is tough sometimes, it seems!

Tonight I made pasta with chunky pesto, I added salmon into the gentlemens portions. I only took a tiny portion myself because I fancied something else. Once I got the tv to myself I had a treat - chips, mcdonnells curry sauce and some sourdough with loads of butter. So delicious!

Suggestions please!?

Slice it thin and then hammer the crap out of it into escalopes. Roll it in egg and flour and then fry it up in a pan. Serve with boiled spuds, cabbage (green or pickled) and some kind of sauce!

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭arian

Suggestions please!?

Slice it, dip the slices in milk and then in cajun seasoning, and fry. Serve with roast tomatoes/peppers/onions/etc.

Suggestions please!?

Rub it with salt, pepper and maybe a few garlic granules and some thyme. Seal it on all sides in a hot pan with a little oil and a knob of butter, then throw in a small amount of chicken or veg stock to deglaze the pan, baste the pork with it and pop it into a preheated oven, 180c, for about 40 minutes or until cooked through.

Pizza! I used Dan Lepard's dough recipe which has beer in it, and it was the best ever. It was lighter and had a nicer flavour.

Pizza.jpg

Not a pizza lover myself Dizzy, but that looks great.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I love Dan Lepard's pizza dough recipe. Looks great.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Not a pizza lover myself Dizzy, but that looks great.

What? Get the hell out:D

• Advertisement

What? Get the hell out:D

I know! Pay for alot of it at the door but never eat it.:D

Advertisement