Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Here's What I Had For Dinner - Part III - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Grandeeod wrote: »
    I know! Pay for alot of it at the door but never eat it.:D

There's therapy for that you know:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Steak and chips here tonight :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭Loire

Chicken Fricassee from the Cooking Club 😉 with mash and broccoli

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

Chana Masala with a bit of mint raita and some stuffed paratha on the side.

uqIlfow.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

^^ one of my faves. Yours looks great! I've just done my shopping list/meal plan for next week and it's on it. Looking forward to it.

We had a "mammy dinner" in my parents house today, loads of veggies, a few types of potato and chicken and/or beef for the meat eaters. Gravy, butter, salt and deliciousness.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Johnnyhpipe

Shenshen wrote: »
    Chana Masala with a bit of mint raita and some stuffed paratha

Any chance of the recipe?? That looks amazing!!

Any chance of the recipe?? That looks amazing!!

Pretty much this : https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2015/sep/24/how-to-make-the-perfect-chana-masala

Only I didn't add extra chili powder, but used paprika instead. And I did add a stick of cinnamon and a tsp of black onion seeds at the beginning, and added some diced potatoes to it.

The raita is simply a small pot of greek yoghurt, chopped mint, pinch of salt, pinch of sugar and some lemon juice.

And the paratha was a ready-made frozen one I got from a Pakistani shop :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Sirloin shteak with mushies and onions, pepper sauce.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,707 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Steak, courgette "mac" & cheese and asparagus & green beans in blue cheese butter.

18838938_10156194980327678_1049594548903600388_n.jpg?oh=d316efbbb39a7b6f7f4b6a0ad9bc41d1&oe=59AD743A

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

After seeing Shenshen's, I had chana masala envy and I'd never made it so we had it tonight. It was delicious - we had no nice bread so we just had it with rice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,166 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

So glad to get back into the kitchen after a weekend of junk.:D

Grilled Chicken fillets coated in green pesto, sliced tomatoe and mozzarella. Served up with a baked spud topped with coleslaw. A little rocket on the side too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭Loire

Pasta bake...al dente pasta with some chopped fried sausages and mushrooms mixed with a carton of passata, a small carton of cream and a bag of grated cheese. Into the oven for 20 mins...yummy!

It's miserable and rainy, so time for a stew. I made a chunky bean and vegetable stew. Helped me clear out the fridge, too :D

2a99unb.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭Loveinapril

Homemade spicebag and egg fried rice. Homemade satay sauce added after the pic.

Homemade spicebag and egg fried rice. Homemade satay sauce added after the pic.

Spice bag is so common. It's salt and chilli chicken in my kitchen.:D

Looks lovely.

Spice bag is so common. It's salt and chilli chicken in my kitchen.:D

Looks lovely.

I added chips so it became a spicebag!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Johnnyhpipe

I added chips so it became a spicebag!

Looks great!! How did you make the chicken?

Looks great!! How did you make the chicken?

Dipped breast strips in flour, egg, then uncooked instant mash potato (45c a bag in Tesco). Fried it til brown in a pan then oven baked for 15- 20 minutes depending on the size of the strips. I stick it in a bowl and add the seasoning, fried peppers, chilli and spring onion (and chips in this case) after its cooked . I know some people add the seasoning to the raw chicken but i prefer to cook it and add the seasoning to taste.

I'm too lazy! For my spice bag I just cut chicken goujons into strips. I add all the seasoning when everything is cooked.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

Vegan pesto made with basil, coriander, lemon juice, Garlic, avocado, roast pistachios and nutritional yeast, served with a mix of spaghetti and courgette "zoodles" (spiralised courgette). Topped with toasted pine nuts. Very, very scrummy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Prawn/tofu stirfry with noodles and a big mix of veg. Sauce was just soy, garlic, ginger, honey and lime juice. Nice and so quick!

I'm too lazy! For my spice bag I just cut chicken goujons into strips. I add all the seasoning when everything is cooked.

I hear ya, but that is lazy.:D Would you try the dish from scratch? It's easy and can be prepped days in advance.

I hear ya, but that is lazy.:D Would you try the dish from scratch? It's easy and can be prepped days in advance.

Ah yeah I could, might try it some time. The only time I ever made it was I was goujons left over so just threw it together. I cook for myself so don't make the effort sometimes.

I cook for myself so don't make the effort sometimes.

I know that feeling in reverse! Pain in the arse S. I have to eat out for someone to cook for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Grilled sea bass with sweet potato wedges. Getting hungry again just typing that!

I know that feeling in reverse! Pain in the arse S. I have to eat out for someone to cook for me.

You'll have to take a spatula to the missus' arse :pac:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,589 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Last night we had stuffed roast chicken, lemony 'jewelled' couscous, a big mixed salad and some crusty bread. Fruit salad with whipped cream. Stinky camembert with fig compote and seeded crackers. Chocolate liqueurs and a few glasses of vino. Thumbs up.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Last night we had stuffed roast chicken, lemony 'jewelled' couscous, a big mixed salad and some crusty bread. Fruit salad with whipped cream. Stinky camembert with fig compote and seeded crackers. Chocolate liqueurs and a few glasses of vino. Thumbs up.

On a Wednesday? Very posh, sounds amazing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,382 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Not a pizza lover myself Dizzy, but that looks great.

Always dubious about people who don't like pizza

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,589 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

On a Wednesday? Very posh, sounds amazing :)

We had guests! But it was zero effort - roast in a bag chicken, loaf from the shop, salad thrown together, couscous done in five minutes! :pac:

Advertisement