Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Here's What I Had For Dinner - Part III - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,473 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

So every Photobucket hosted image on Boards has now been masked unless the poster pays a subscription. Grrrrr, what a bummer for the fantastic archive here!

Checking out postimage.com now as it appears tinypic is owned by Photobucket so it's only a matter of time before they adopt the same policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,005 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I really wish we could post pics directly here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

I've never had any trouble when posting images using www.imgur.com, and I've been using the site for a good few years now.
    They did change the interface fairly recently which made it much less apparent how you got to the links you need to use on forums/messageboards; now you have to hover over your image after you upload it and clink on the down arrow that appears to get to the 'get share links' option.

See here:

http://i.imgur.com/NAc0wAe.jpg

Slight fiddlyness aside, I find it very stable.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I really wish we could post pics directly here.

You can. Scroll down to 'manage attachments' and upload your image. Then click on the attachment link, copy the photo link and add the image as normal if you want it to show up as a photo rather than a link.

I could probably count on one hand the amount of times I've used a third party site to post images on Boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

I can't get tinypic to work from my phone, and it can be hit and miss with the laptop too. Lately I've been using postimages.org, it's more reliable but I haven't tried it with my phone yet.

Edit: postimages.org works perfectly with the phone :)
    This is the M50 burger and fries I had in Eddie Rocket's tonight.

A lot of bun, wheres the burger :eek: chips look great

• Advertisement

You can. Scroll down to 'manage attachments' and upload your image. Then click on the attachment link, copy the photo link and add the image as normal if you want it to show up as a photo rather than a link.

I could probably count on one hand the amount of times I've used a third party site to post images on Boards.

Sorry. Scroll down where? On the touch (mobile site) there is an Attach Files button but after you've posted you have to click on a link to see the image. Not the same :(

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Sorry. Scroll down where? On the touch (mobile site) there is an Attach Files button but after you've posted you have to click on a link to see the image. Not the same :(

On the full site. The touch site is rubbish for these kinds of things. You'll have to switch to the full site if you want to do the rest of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Day 11 of hospital food yesterday, think it's slowly killing me. Donegal catch with white sauce, mash and carrots cooked so much they were as soft as the mash.

Salad for tea last night where they gave me two sachets of mayo for the dressing.

Going out for dinner today, even if they say no.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

vicwatson wrote: »
    A lot of bun, wheres the burger :eek: chips look great

There was plenty of burger and fried onions and mushrooms, and Swiss cheese. It was just a quick photo I took to make my daughter jealous :D and I only used it here to test the upload :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

RasTa wrote: »
    Day 11 of hospital food yesterday, think it's slowly killing me. Donegal catch with white sauce, mash and carrots cooked so much they were as soft as the mash.

Salad for tea last night where they gave me two sachets of mayo for the dressing.

Going out for dinner today, even if they say no.

Go for it! And enjoy :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Change of plan, I'm too tired to go out so going to have a dirty Chinese instead. 4 months travelling around India and of course I get salmonella at the end.

Steak dinner tomorrow, I lost so much weight I'm allowed to eat whatever I want, tis great.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Walking into a butchers yesterday, the cut of me in the flip flops, gimme 4 big fillets please. I move my eyes to tell him to move the knife a bit. Lol. Over he comes, I hand him a 20. Can I have 8 more he says.

Cooked them beautifully. Put in 2 big slices of butter after I turned them. Melted in my mouth. Wowzers.

Served with roast potatoes, and fried mushrooms, onions and crushed garlic.

If my time is up, I'm good to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,166 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

I'll describe it as it was on the menu.

Open Steak Sandwich - Grilled Sirloin steak. Garlic Ciabatta. Baby leaves. Crispy Onions. Served with a freshly tossed leafy salad. It was okay.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭pew

I went to Lock 13 in Sallins last night.

I got the steak sandwich on ciabatta with paper sauce, red onion and a creamy mash.

The mash was absolutely beautiful, the steak sandwich wasn't great, very small fatty piece.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Onion and cucumber, mango chutney and popadoms followed by a spicy spicy tofu and chickpea curry with brown rice. Washed down with half a bottle of cheap red :D

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Psychologeeee

Whispered wrote: »
    Onion and cucumber, mango chutney and popadoms followed by a spicy spicy tofu and chickpea curry with brown rice. Washed down with half a bottle of cheap red :D

Sounds gorgeous! Do you have a recipe for the spicy tofu?

Sounds gorgeous! Do you have a recipe for the spicy tofu?

It was in the chickpea curry, which was spicy, but the tofu itself was just pressed, cubed and fried lightly in butter until starting to brown. Then added to the curry for 20 mins. I didn't marinate it or anything.

The chickpea curry is different every time I make it depending on what ingredients I have and the mood I'm in. Last night was;1 onion, 3 chillis (they were not very spicy ones mind you), 4 cloves of garlic, one lump of ginger (about half a finger length) all blitzed together into mush and fried in butter for a few mins. Then about 1 teaspoon dried chillis, 1 tsp ground coriander, 2 tsp garam masala fried on a low heat. Tipped in the drained can of chickpeas and a tin of tomatoes (if you don't have a tin but have fresh they work too if you finely chop). Then added the fried tofu and simmered about 20 mins.

Really though, it's different every time :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Indian tonight for a treat :)

Chicken Pakora
    Boti Kebab Jaipuri
    Chicken Makhani

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Psychologeeee

Whispered wrote: »
    It was in the chickpea curry, which was spicy, but the tofu itself was just pressed, cubed and fried lightly in butter until starting to brown. Then added to the curry for 20 mins. I didn't marinate it or anything.

The chickpea curry is different every time I make it depending on what ingredients I have and the mood I'm in. Last night was;1 onion, 3 chillis (they were not very spicy ones mind you), 4 cloves of garlic, one lump of ginger (about half a finger length) all blitzed together into mush and fried in butter for a few mins. Then about 1 teaspoon dried chillis, 1 tsp ground coriander, 2 tsp garam masala fried on a low heat. Tipped in the drained can of chickpeas and a tin of tomatoes (if you don't have a tin but have fresh they work too if you finely chop). Then added the fried tofu and simmered about 20 mins.

Really though, it's different every time :o

Thanks a million, that's a handy base for me to follow!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

It was too warm on the weekend to do any big cooking, so I kept it light.

Saturday was spicy vegetable fritters with fired egg and raita

23koivc.jpg

Sunday was chickpea, feta and sundried tomato rolls with potato salad and some ajvar and houmous

zybt5i.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭arian

Both the rolls and the fitters look good. Had to look up ajvar (again :rolleyes: ).

Pasta salad

IMG_4368.jpg

Looks great Gloomtastic. An old favourite of mine.

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Looks great Gloomtastic. An old favourite of mine.

A mix of anything and everything from the fridge - cherry toms, black olives, raw courgette, baby spinach, basil leaves, roasted peppers, feta cheese, pine nuts, left over chicken and pork from Friday's kebabs, lemon juice, olive oil and seasoning. I thought it was lovely, kids struggled a bit!

A mix of anything and everything from the fridge - cherry toms, black olives, raw courgette, baby spinach, basil leaves, roasted peppers, feta cheese, left over chicken and pork from Friday's kebabs, lemon juice, olive oil and seasoning. I thought it was lovely, kids struggled a bit!

Great stuff. Perfect for the weather outside. Have you ever added some pesto to it? I'm sure you have.

For me tonight, it's totally against the weather grain. I haven't cooked all weekend, so I went for comfort food. Off work for a couple of days too, so a beer or three. Then Chicken Madras and Basmati rice, because I love my version of it. So simple. It may be a repetitive read from me, but its pure magic on a night off!

We had a stirfry. I used to hate stirfry, then I learned how to do make noodles properly and now I can't get enough of them!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,298 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Newbie to this thread but will soon be a regular! Carbonara with chicken tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

It looks nice, would you not use tagliatelle in the Carbonara or do you prefer penne?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,298 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

It looks nice, would you not use tagliatelle in the Carbonara or do you prefer pene?

I find the penne holds on to the sauce better! Always have a pool at the bottom after tagliatelle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I find the penne holds on to the sauce better! Always have a pool at the bottom after tagliatelle

You could be right! It's a satisfying meal though :) I used to add cheese to mine so maybe it was a bit thicker. It was my own take on it though.

Advertisement