Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Here's What I Had For Dinner - Part III - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,166 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

You could be right! It's a satisfying meal though :) I used to add cheese to mine so maybe it was a bit thicker. It was my own take on it though.

I'd be like yourself and prefer Tagliatelle, despite it being far too absorbent for Carbonarra. But then I also add some cheese to the mix and lardons that would knock you out. No liquid left in the bottom of my dish!:D Tagliatelle is the only pasta I really enjoy. You can do so much with it. Penne or a Rotini for the salad though.

Disregard the above if you have to stick to a script/menu.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

Salmon and broccoli pasta bake without actually making it to the bake part! We we're too hungry. Dinner outside with garlic ciabatta bread.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭pew

I made red pesto yesterday. So I had red pesto tagletelli with soya mince, mushrooms, onions. Chilli and peppers and I roasted some veg with garlic, tarragon and oregano.

I'm trying to cut back on meat and bulk up my veg intake.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Went to Foam the other day; wasn't great. The mushroom sauce was all cream,with very little mushroom taste.

Last night I made Jamie Oliver's green tea salmon and a dessert of roast peaches. Absolutely delicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,473 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Club Sandwich with Hot Crisps for dinner? Why not! :)

IMG_4369.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

Leftovers...

I had some leftover pasta sauce and a packet of mozzarella to use up, so I made conchiglioni stuffed with mozzrella, cream cheese, basil, swiss chard (from the garden) and rocket (needed using up, too), sat them on the pasta sauce, grated some more cheese over and oven-backed them.

9gzqja.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,298 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Nachos tonight!

Toppings of jalapenos, olives, salsa, refried beans and mixed cheese.

Sides of guacamole sour cream and hot salsa!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Chicken stir fry with a good pinch of five spice. I used Straight to Wok noodles because I was lazy, but they're not nearly as nice as the once you have to cook.

IMG_2759.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Very thrown together dinner this evening filo tart with tomato pesto, roaat egg plant, toasted pine nuts and feta with a grean salad.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Psychologeeee

Really busy week & tomorrow will be the third day of M&S microwave pasta! Just one of those weeks!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,589 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Pasta bake. Pasta, meatballs, onions, peppers, tomato and mascarpone sauce, mozzarella. Delicious.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Bla.

Fish platter in Portmagee. A mazing. I said to the owner I'd eat plates of the smoked salmon all day long. If I thought the steak yesterday was good, I must surely have died and gone to heaven. Dunno why he served a portion of chips with it, it needed brown bread. He brought it out to me later, made by his mother. What I didn't eat with the dinner, I buttered, and ate the rest on route to the Skellig chocolate factory. Oh man.

422737.jpg[img][/img]

Seitan and mushroom "geschnetzeltes"... sorry, can't think of a proper word for it in English. Cut up small, fried up in a white wine and cream sauce. With a bit of brie melted into it. On brown rice, with a handfull of fresh broad beans from the garden.

Didn't look like much, but was oh so deliciously comforting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

pcIhVuX.jpg

Spicy black bean beef with vegetables - really quick to pull together and very tasty indeed!

B0jangles wrote: »
    <snip>

Spicy black bean beef with vegetables - really quick to pull together and very tasty indeed!

That has it all going on B0jangles!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Homemade Madras curry.

Kept it vegeraian with just red onion, diced spuds, green pepper and chickpea. With some basmati rice

Served it with lime pickle and raita on the side with poppadoms.

Never as much as even thought about meat, never mind missed it. It was divine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Corn fed chicken, roast potatoes and tenderstem broccoli.

I love those corn fed chickens

• Registered Users Posts: 14,298 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Was out for dinner this evening so went for a slow cooked beef and mushroom Calzone, it was amazing!

Day one of pre prep eating: A bowl of roasted cauliflower, butternut squash, cabbage, and carrots, brown rice, avocado and tomato, and 2 fried eggs. Nom.

kylith wrote: »
    Day one of pre prep eating: A bowl of roasted cauliflower, butternut squash, cabbage, and carrots, brown rice, avocado and tomato, and 2 fried eggs. Nom.

I had to Google pre prep eating! :rolleyes: What was pre prepped?

• Advertisement

kylith wrote: »

On Monday night (which is my Sunday) I roasted a butternut squash and a pound of carrots. I steamed a head of cauliflower, shredded a York cabbage, and cooked a load of brown rice. This means that I have approx. four days of ingredients pre-cooked and when I come home in the evening I can just reheat them in different combinations: This week the suggestions* are veg curry, butternut and white bean soup, pesto veggies, and taco bowls.

Granted, you're eating combinations of leftovers; but they're different enough that they feel like different meals, it lets me make the most of the saver options in Lidl, and dinner in the evening takes 15 minutes - which is great cos I'm on 12 hour shifts for the week and leaving home at 6am I don't have the brain power to take stuff out of the freezer

*That link is for my current run, but you should be able to link back to other weeks based on sweet potato and pumpkin.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I made myself a chicken fajita salad bowl tonight. It was lovely.

IMG_2765.jpg

Was out for dinner this evening so went for a slow cooked beef and mushroom Calzone, it was amazing!

Ya could have cut it open before you took the photo.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

Shenshen wrote: »
    Seitan and mushroom "geschnetzeltes"... sorry, can't think of a proper word for it in English. Cut up small, fried up in a white wine and cream sauce. With a bit of brie melted into it. On brown rice, with a handfull of fresh broad beans from the garden.

Didn't look like much, but was oh so deliciously comforting.

Do you make your own seitan or (here's hoping!) have you been able to buy it readymade?

Do you make your own seitan or (here's hoping!) have you been able to buy it readymade?

These guys in Longford can sort you out. I only know about them from cooking for a Veggie friend.

http://plantgoodness24.ie/categories/27/Meat_amp_Fish_Alternatives_CHILLED/Tofu_Seitan_Tempeh.html/1/nazwa-desc

I have to admit that I bought the seitan. But making it myself is definitely on my to-do list.
    It was actually the Viana from that link, Grandeeod, only I got it in a health food shop here in Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Homemade burgers
    Red Leicester cheddar
    Mixed leaves
    Fried onions
    Tomato Ketchup
    all sandwiched between a toasted M&S seeded burger bun

Shenshen wrote: »
    I have to admit that I bought the seitan. But making it myself is definitely on my to-do list.
    It was actually the Viana from that link, Grandeeod, only I got it in a health food shop here in Cork.

Its a good site to order from when I know I have vegetarian/vegan friends over for dinner and I partake myself. I cook from their recipies and really enjoy it. So I may take this brief opportunity to compliment you on many of your dishes which always look delish. A couple of weeks ago I got engaged with a Vegan on another thread and I was appalled by their militant stance. I enjoy the cuisine and I promise that next time the guys are over I will do my best to post pics of my offerings despite being a meat eater.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Stirfried some lamb with red onion, chilli-garlic and ginger, and a shake of 5 spice, added some broccoli, carrot, red pepper, fried on a very hot wok for a few minutes (don't let the bite go from the veg)

Mixed in some egg noodles (the ones you add boiling water to)

Added some dark soy, spoonful of honey, then good shake of 7 spice.

Before serving, added some chopped scallions.

MujIEx.jpg

Advertisement