Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Here's What I Had For Dinner - Part III - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Early dinner today, spicy bean chilli with smoked paprika sweet potato fries. tasty and really cheap to make.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,298 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Lazy enough dinner tonight, tasty out thou. Penne pesto and parmesan with roasted peppered salmon

• Registered Users Posts: 13,708 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Vel wrote:
    Summer Halloumi Curry with peshwari naan.

I love halloumi so much I once wrote a poem about it on my blog :D

Any chance of the recipe for that?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I'm after buying some of those peshwari naans! Thanks Vel.

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

Made beer batter fish tacos after seeing a post about them last week, was nice enough for a first try, didn't have any lettuce or red cabbage in the kitchen unfortunately! Taking advantage of my girlfriend's fancy camera :D

lxxVvPx.jpg?1

tezktA0.jpg?1

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Kung Po Chicken, with rice and broccoli topped with roasted peanuts

424109.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Himself cooked a sweet potato curry. Absolutely delicious.

IMG_2931.jpg

Last night Himself made a delicious cauliflower soup. I'd have taken a photo, but I was too busy laughing about the fact he'd forgotten to blend it so it was more 'cauliflower bits in broth'. Still tasty though, he's a damn good cook for a man with no interest in cooking.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Minnie Snuggles

For the last few weeks my MIL has not been well so I have been putting on a bit extra and doing dinners for them, she likes to have fish on a Friday, but my house are not gone on fish, but I have hit on a recipe that everyone likes, battered fresh cod - happydays:)

IMG_20170804_211603_1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,473 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Bit early for dinner, bit late for lunch........

A Chipotle Burger from Eddie Rockets. They promised HOT HOT HOT but delivered HOT. Still good though.

IMG_4416.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭arian

We had caghuse (pork shoulder steaks/onions/stock/cider) last night, together with microwaved mangetout and reheated Greek lemon potatoes (they lost their lemon flavour in the reheating :( ).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Friday - steak, spuds, peas and other veg.
    Sat - Lamb chops, vegs, spuds.
    Today will be chicken wraps (pitta for me).

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

Today we had smoked coley and spinach bake from a Gordon Ramsay recipe, added in some salad potatoes to bulk it out because we underestimated the amount of spinach we needed. Definitely one we'll be making again, the sauce was lovely and smokey from the fish

prB7xta.jpg?1

Pasta with a homemade cherry tomato and basil sauce, topped with vegan parmesan.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,214 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Made a squash and red lentil curry last night with cous cous, very nice but recipe probably needs tweaking. There was plenty in it for today and tomorrow (a very good trait in any dish imo :pac: )

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

New potatoes, peas, fried mushrooms and onions with steak and pepper sauce.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Bazmo's stuffing balls, veg & smoked salmon quiche, and home made coleslaw.

424736.jpgAfter the mess bling baking earlier, I was careful not to omit the word stuffing.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Stirfried Chinese vegetables with king prawns and egg noodles.

All done in the wok with some good quality dark soy, honey and Thai seven spice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

Dial Hard wrote: »
    I love halloumi so much I once wrote a poem about it on my blog :D

Any chance of the recipe for that?

Sorry only seeing this now! I will check it out when I get home tonight and post

Vel wrote: »
    Sorry only seeing this now! I will check it out when I get home tonight and post

Managed to find it online:

http://thelittlegreenspoon.com/2017/07/14/halloumi-summer-curry/

• Advertisement

Spinach, Fig and Buckwheat with Walnut-Crusted Pork

• Registered Users Posts: 8,473 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Took Mrs G! to see The Big Sick last night.

Was dithering this morning about what to make tonight when I had a flashback to the movie so we had Curryaddict's Chicken Biryani from The Cooking Club. If you've never made this I cannot recommend it enough.

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2056521427/20/#post87103622

IMG_4423.jpg

Cooked some lamb on the bbq yesterday.

IMG_20170812_WA0004_600x1070.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

I recently got some lessons on how to make Indian flatbreads (phulka and chapatis in particular) from a lovely Indian lady. So yesterday, I put all I learned into practice and made a squash and butterbean balti-style curry, with marinated baked paneer, and plain phulkas and chapatis.
    Next time I'll try my hand on stuffed chapatis.

OBV76eA.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

Between 5-8:30 yesterday evening I cooked:
    1. Pan-fried rack of lamb with mashed potatoes and peas
    2. A bacon, cheese and mushroom frittata
    3. Sort-of Kung-po chicken with rice

It all went really well actually, and I was extremely happy with the rack of lamb. I haven't cooked one before and this one was pretty small so I decided to do 90% of the cooking on the stovetop and give it less than 5 minutes in a hot oven so that the fat would be crisp and golden but the meat still nicely pink. After 10 minutes resting it was just as I hoped it would be.
    The frittata is a recipe I sort of cobbled together out of other ones but I've made it a few times and it's always tasty but not very pretty because the mushrooms always give it an overall greyish tinge. The sort-of kung-po chicken recipe started off as a thai cashew chicken one but has morphed an awful lot over the years I've been cooking it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

Homemade falafel, homemade houmous, homemade tsatsiki, ajvar and some crumbled-up feta cheese stuffed into pitta pouches with lettuce, onion, jalapenos and cucumber.

And a lovely ale to go with it.
    What is it about messy food that's just so... nice?

A few from the past few dinners:

Pasta with ricotta, peas, chorizo and pine nuts - quick, easy and very satisfying!

Spiced veg filo pie - The recipe promised lots but I found it a bit bland.

Borlotti beans with chorizo, roasted tomatoes and a corriander dressing - delicious with lots of crusty bread

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Went for comfort food tonight, mince with diced carrots, mushrooms, onions, peas and gravy mixed through it and served on yorkshire puds. The youngling point blank refused to touch it. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Toots wrote: »
    Went for comfort food tonight, mince with diced carrots, mushrooms, onions, peas and gravy mixed through it and served on yorkshire puds. The youngling point blank refused to touch it. :(

They don't know what they're missing:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭Loveinapril

We had hake with a lime and pistachio crust, sweet potato wedges and spinach with lemon juice. It was a very healthy, zingy dinner!

Advertisement