Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Here's What I Had For Dinner - Part III - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Garlic noodles, with broccoli, cabbage, mushrooms, and prawns. Garlicy burps!

IMG_2947.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Psychologeeee

Avocado toast. Guess I can't buy a house now!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,473 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Salmon, roasted peppers and courgette quiche

IMG_0023.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

I got a new Thug Kitchen recipe book for my birthday, so had to try something straight away. We had the quinoa and beans, which in the book is a taco filling, but as I'm not a fan of tacos we had it in burritos. As they would say in the book, f*cking dee-lish.

aaRpTVl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Steak, baked mushrooms, peas and boiled spuds :)

• Advertisement

Lamb korma with rice. Bye-bye diet, hello food baby.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Last night Mr. Dizzy made the Curry Secret chicken jalfrezi (I'd spent the afternoon making the base sauce). We had it with M&S chicken pakoras, onion bhajis and plain naans. It was a feast.

IMG_2906.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭pew

I also made the Chicken Jalfrezi last night and pilau rice. I also made a Butter Chicken because we couldnt decide what we wanted :o

Yours looks lovely DB!!

I had the butter chicken and he had the jalfrezi yesterday with homemade onion bajis. So tonight i have the Jalfrezi and he has the Butter Chicken brought to work.

Was planning to stick this on the BBQ/rotisserie but the rain stopped play.

Roasted stuffed loin of pork with roasties and various veg....

IMG_0037.jpg

Star veg was Corn on the Cob on special in Tesco for 49c. In their husks, I soaked them in cold water then threw them whole in a 180c oven for 30 minutes. Peeled the husks off and they were stunning .....
    IMG_0038.jpg

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

BBQ burgers in casa beery today. The first one was very messy. Fried egg, onion rings, peanut putter, sliced cheddar and a burger. If the yoke wasn't all over the place, the peanut butter was. A fun eat, nothing special.

So I had another one. This one had mayo, pesto, onion, lettuce and a slice of chilli cheese I got in Aldi. Amazing. If I could only eat one burger again, it would be the latter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Lamb chops, veg, spuds, gravy.

beertons wrote: »
    BBQ burgers in casa beery today. The first one was very messy. Fried egg, onion rings, peanut putter, sliced cheddar and a burger. If the yoke wasn't all over the place, the peanut butter was. A fun eat, nothing special.

So I had another one. This one had mayo, pesto, onion, lettuce and a slice of chilli cheese I got in Aldi. Amazing. If I could only eat one burger again, it would be the latter.

Any pics? :)

Any pics? :)

I was too impatient. So no. I've a spare burger, so will do the pesto one again tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Hot and sour soup, chicken curry, fried rice and salt and chili chips. In my defense I have half left :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,166 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Hot and sour soup, chicken curry, fried rice and salt and chili chips. In my defense I have half left :)

I gotta get normal again! That was a take way and sounds great. Ordering some crispy chicken, Thai sauce and rice as I type. A ****ty few weeks. I've started back cooking over the last week. From basic grilled rashers to todays roast pork, mash, peas, carrots and gravy. Made a madras before the weekend too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Grandeeod wrote: »
    I gotta get normal again! That was a take way and sounds great. Ordering some crispy chicken, Thai sauce and rice as I type. A ****ty few weeks. I've started back cooking over the last week. From basic grilled rashers to todays roast pork, mash, peas, carrots and gravy. Made a madras before the weekend too.

Aw welcome back :) Enjoy the deserved takeaway. Glad you managed a fine feed of a roast too though.

Linguine with homemade tomato sauce and IKEA meatballs. Tasty

Matter paneer with mushroom kebab and stuffed chapattis

HJjqevW.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

Hake done in the oven with capers and lime juice. We had garlic spuds and roasted butternut squash, parsnips, carrots and red onions to go with it and the last of a bottle of wine opened last night.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Sumo burger in Amsterdam (vegan)

zrvDew4.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Psychologeeee

That burger looks unreal! I love a good vegan/veggie burger.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Foweva Awone

Looks amazing, I'd love to know what's in it?

B

Himself made Sweet Potato Coconut soup and rice. He learns well

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Looks amazing, I'd love to know what's in it?

Hey! It has two burgers (made of seitan) , vegan cheddar, onion rings, lettuce, tomato, red, spring and fried onion mix, pickles, special sauce. Think that was it!

It was amazing! Also had truffle "parmesan" fries that were amazing.
    http://www.veganjunkfoodbar.com/

425886.jpgWasn't going to put this up, after Tar stuck up that beauty. No mess with this one, nothing fell point of it! Pesto mayo, chilli cheese, lettuce and a squirt of ketchup.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,214 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

miamee wrote: »
    Made a squash and red lentil curry last night with cous cous, very nice but recipe probably needs tweaking. There was plenty in it for today and tomorrow (a very good trait in any dish imo :pac: )

Made this again on Sunday evening with fresh gigner this time (instead of the dried stuff) and it added the expected zing :)

Himself made a quick pork stir fry with mangetout, spring onions, mushrooms, soy sauce lase night served with brown rice. Not bad though I was nearly falling into the bowl with tiredness so I may not have appreciated it fully!

Hey! It has two burgers (made of seitan) , vegan cheddar, onion rings, lettuce, tomato, red, spring and fried onion mix, pickles, special sauce. Think that was it!

It was amazing! Also had truffle "parmesan" fries that were amazing.
    http://www.veganjunkfoodbar.com/

I love seitan - I hope it'll become a bit more common here, too.
    Though I can't make up my mind if that burger looks like the most amazing thing ever, or it's ever so slightly terrifying... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Lidl are doing vegetarian "meat" balls as part of a special. I had them today in a homemade tomato sauce, in a wholemeal bun with chips. I'm still stuffed!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

We had spicy chicken & chorizo stew tonight.

IMG_2931.jpg

Advertisement