Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Here's What I Had For Dinner - Part III - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Mrs S and the kids are away until next week, so I've a kitchen to myself.

Tonight I did a bit of a press clear out, and created this dish.

Fried a few pork chops in the pan, when browned I removed and saut some chopped onions garlic and red chilli in the remnants of the pan. Threw in a drained tin of black eyed beans, tin of tomatoes, spoonful of salt and pepper, and a few quarterd rooster potatoes.

Cut the chops nto pieces, (fat removed) and returned to the pan with some chopped parsley.

A kind of spicy pork, bean and potato stew.

It was absolute taste. And I still have a whole pans worth to do me another few bowls.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Shenshen wrote: »
    I love seitan - I hope it'll become a bit more common here, too.
    Though I can't make up my mind if that burger looks like the most amazing thing ever, or it's ever so slightly terrifying... ;)
    I do too, it's super easy to make, takes about 10-15 min prep. We make a lot of it at home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Isn't seitan just pure gluten or commonly known as the enemy these days

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

RasTa wrote: »
    Isn't seitan just pure gluten or commonly known as the enemy these days

Yep. :D
    It's almost pure gluten, as in pure wheat protein.
    Not suitable for coeliacs, I'm afraid.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

426003.jpgPizza day. On the left we have mine. Oysters, mussels, smoked pancheta, olives and cheese. On the right, the kids have halal chicken kebab pieces, smoked pancheta and cheese. One picky half has no olives. The veg is blitzed in with the sauce, pepper, onion and garlic. Threw on a few rocket leaves after pic was taken. Food coma ahoy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭pew

Last night we had vegetarian sausages with mashed potatoes, mashed turnip, corn on the cob and gravy.

Tonight I made pasta with veg and quorn mince. I had garlic roasted Brussels sprouts on the side.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,231 ✭✭✭jellybear

Chicken curry with wholegrain rice. It was delicious!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Since we have plenty of base curry sauce in the freezer, last night we had chicken bhuna.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,473 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Chicken goujons with Potato Rosti Cake and Coleslaw......

IMG_0068.jpg

Tonight was BBQ'd Squid and King Prawn Tacos with Srarachi Mayonnaise

IMG_0070.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Leinster1980

Had this as a starter in the Vintage Kitchen on Poolbeg at last night. Roast red pepper risotto with prawns, chilli and herbs! It was amazing! Loads and loss of prawns cooked perfectly!

QyRfPbO.jpg

For mains I had fillet of steak with confit belly of pork in a tomato and bacon jam, side of Cajun baby potatoes.

ZnUWTRt.jpg

And desert was baked cheesecake with Mango purée and strawberry ice cream.

hiK3kuG.jpg

Someone in The Vintage Kitchen?

Someone in The Vintage Kitchen?

Ha yeah sorry uploaded by accident before I got a chance to finish!

Ha yeah sorry uploaded by accident before I got a chance to finish!

Yeah I've had that risotto a few times, the fish main is incredible too. I wasn't a fan of the cheesecake though but their brownie is amazing.

Best food and value in Dublin BYOB helps but I'd still be happy without

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Rumpy Pumpy

The portions there are gargantuan.

Yeah I've had that risotto a few times, the fish main is incredible too. I wasn't a fan of the cheesecake though but their brownie is amazing.

Best food and value in Dublin BYOB helps but I'd still be happy without

My husband got the Cajun chowder (so much fish it could have been a main), lamb shank and chocolate brownie. He tried to order desert when the order was being taken and the waitress advised him to wait as portions are so big. He took that as a challenge! He couldn't finish the dessert!

160 for three courses for four of us! It was amazing value! We made that booking in January! I made another booking before leaving, next available sitting at 8.30 was May 2018!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

My husband got the Cajun chowder (so much fish it could have been a main), lamb shank and chocolate brownie. He tried to order desert when the order was being taken and the waitress advised him to wait as portions are so big. He took that as a challenge! He couldn't finish the dessert!

160 for three courses for four of us! It was amazing value! We made that booking in January! I made another booking before leaving, next available sitting at 8.30 was May 2018!

That's insane. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Avocado toast with tomatoes and fried eggs

IMG_2974.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

Not exactly what I had yet, but I'll be working late today and tomorrow, so had to prepare lunches and dinners for 2 days last night.

So the plan is:

Lunch today : Quinoa tabouleh with mixed olives and feta cheese cubes, with some crackers and sundried tomato houmous.
    Dinner : Burrito filled with a bean and quinoa stuffing (from Thug Kitchen 101, this might be my new favourite burrito filling), and a side salad.

Lunch tomorrow : grilled courgette strips filled with roasted pepper cream cheese, and quinoa tabouleh
    Dinner tomorrow : panfried potatoes and onions with carraway seeds, halloumi and green asparagus

Need to keep my morale up for these long hours!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭Loire

Marinaded chicken strips (lemon juice, olive oil, garlic and parsley) fried in the pan with butter, some green beans (again fried in the pan with butter) and creamy mash with heaps of butter. D'ya reckon we like butter?!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

I had just made the
    Quinoa burrito one this weekend (and added mince..) but it was so good! Sneaking bits out of the bowl before the food was even all done :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

We had cottage pies tonight.

IMG_2953.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,589 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

We had cottage pies tonight.

Samesies. But ours did not look as beautiful as yours. :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Cashew based vegan curry with thrice cooked firm tofu, asparagus, chickpeas, lime, shallots, coriander and wild rice.

ahbkXxzl.jpg

Samesies. But ours did not look as beautiful as yours. :)

I got new little gratin dishes :)

Homemade pizzas cooked on the BBQ for my wife's birthday.

IMG_20170831_WA0014_crop_480x456.jpg

This one got a bit caught up but was still thin ish, crispy and tasty:

IMG_20170831_WA0012.jpg

To celebrate little G! no. 3's first day in big school we had 'the biggest pizza in the world' delivered.

I made the BBQ and Franks sauce wings, garlic mayo dip and coleslaw because September is the world's most expensive month!!! :eek:

IMG_0105.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

^^ That looks delicious. Could you post the recipe & method for the wings & for the garlic & herb dip please? I'd love to try them.

Dinner here is creamy chicken, bacon & mushroom pasta. Haven't had it for ages.

^^ That looks delicious. Could you post the recipe & method for the wings & for the garlic & herb dip please?

3 packs of Aldi Chicken Wing portions (as opposed to whole wings) were marinated overnight in this...

5 tablespoons soy sauce
    1/4 cup brown sugar
    2 tablespoons dry sherry
    1 teaspoon prepared yellow mustard
    1/2 teaspoon garlic powder

On a large baking tray, preferably on a rack. Slow cooked - 140c for 45 minutes.

Meanwhile, make the BBQ sauce -

1 cup Ketchup
    3/4 cup dark brown sugar
    2 tbsp white wine (or cider) vinegar
    1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce

All into a small pan and heated till the sugar is dissolved.

Turn the oven up to 200c. Brush the sauce over 2/3rds of the wings. Back into the oven for 10 mins. Repeat 3 times.

The 1/3rd of the wings not covered in BBQ sauce transfer into a small baking dish and covered in Franks sauce then back in the oven for 10 mins while the 2/3rds bbq'd are resting in a separate dish.

The garlic mayo is just a dollop of mayo and a tsp of garlic powder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭yummymummyjay

omg yum!!!

Advertisement