Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Here's What I Had For Dinner - Part III - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

Vegetable kofta ind a creamy tomato and almond sauce, with rice and chapati filled with fried onion and chili

Ixf42xz.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

Made calzones this evening, using shop bought pastry admittedly. M+S pork sausages, spinach, mushies and ham in mine and the same but without the sausages for herself. Stuffed, and there's a bowl of ice cream and meringue being slid across to me..

XuG2sa0.jpg?1

1xjltFf.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Smashed sweet potatoes with lemon, feta, coriander and chillies served with Thai style prawn fish cakes.

Yummy.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,589 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

We had a big dirty Chinese takeaway tonight, with chicken balls, chips, curry sauce, Kung po chicken, boiled rice and prawn crackers. :pac:

My cooking mojo is completely gone. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

Cod steamed in parchment paper with garlic butter and spinach and served with prosciutto wrapped asparagus and some rabbit food quinoa/freekeh mix :D

Pyy57sa.jpg?1

FGaXwSO.jpg?1

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Smoked haddock and prawn fish pie. And a side dish of sliced mushrooms, diced onions and spinach. Not bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭Loire

Shenshen wrote: »
    Vegetable kofta ind a creamy tomato and almond sauce, with rice and chapati filled with fried onion and chili

Hi,

That looks amazing, would you mind posting the recipe?

Thanks,
    Loire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

Tried to recreate the Bang Bang Shrimp dish I had while in the states. Turned out great. Will be making this regularly.
    IMG_1781_zpsimjcuqft.jpg

Loire wrote: »
    Hi,

That looks amazing, would you mind posting the recipe?

Thanks,
    Loire.

It was roughly this : http://www.sanjeevkapoor.com/Recipe/Mix-Vegetable-Kofta-Curry-Turban-Tadka-FoodFood.html

Only minus the Bhuna masala, and instead of pumpkin and gourd I used butternut squash. And I added about 1 tbsp of plain flour to the kofta mixture, after I found the first batch was taking on way too much oil during frying.

Last night it was Thug Kitchen 101's one-pot Beer and Chili Macaroni

Xaf69Dj.jpg

I know, it sounds weird, chili with pasta, but this is going to be one of my go-to comfort foods from now on.
    Also, I've decided I need to use beer in cooking way more often.

• Advertisement

And tonight, because I had a bit of time on my hands, I tried mushroom and cheese souffles. My very first souffles, ever. Ok, they fell in a little bit before I had a chance to take a photo, but they very delicious nevertheless :D

We had some salad with cold broccoli and a blue cheese dressing on the side.

uhKsv8a.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,473 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

^ Bravo! Soufflés have been on my to-do list for years......

^ Bravo! Soufflés have been on my to-do list for years......

Thank you! I've been a little scared of them until now, there seems to be a lot of drama around them whenever someone makes them on a cooking program or such.
    But despite mine deflating a bit, they were still very yummy, and even the texture inside them was nice, so deflation isn't the end of the world :D

Just give it a try.

I just had a whopper dinner tonight of sirloin steak served with steamed broccoli and carrots, panfried mushrooms in balsamic vinegar, and sauteed small roosters (skin left on) with garlic onion and peas.

Stil stuffed 4 hrs later.

Upb7lS.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Chicken pie!

We had pot roast last night. It was scrumptious.

Fake sausage rolls - filled with chickpeas, feta and sundried tomatoes. The hubby calls them "Mediterranean Deluxe". :D
    With salad and potato salad.

DjwZcl4.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

We had Hungarian goulash last night. I usually make it with shin beef but this time I used minced beef and it was lovely, I think I prefer it that way.

Pork loin yesterday for a dinner party :)

IMG_20170909_WA0002_800x448.jpg

Aubergine Parmigiano

IMG_0147.jpg

• Advertisement

Aubergine Parmigiano

Oh, yum!!!

It's been too long since I made one of these - on the list for the weekend now :D

Spinach and artichoke 3-cheese quesadilla. I think the parmesan was a step too far.

IMG_2988.jpg

Stir-fried vegetables and noodles, with pan-fried salmon and home made teriyaki sauce.

I had beef stroganoff Himself had mushroom stroganoff, with rice. I wish I was eating it again.

I used soy 'cream' and, although it doesn't taste like cream by itself, but in the dinner you really couldn't tell the difference.

kylith wrote: »
    I had beef stroganoff Himself had mushroom stroganoff, with rice. I wish I was eating it again.

I used soy 'cream' and, although it doesn't taste like cream by itself, but in the dinner you really couldn't tell the difference.

I've found that, too, in the past. It really is very good for cooking, and doesn't get as cloggy as real cream sometimes does.
    I just wish they'd started offering soy sour cream now.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

We had a handy roast dinner tonight, with defrosted and reheated leftover beef from last time. It tastes just as good the second time - probably because we like it well done.

IMG_3030.jpg

Fish bites in beer batter, in a mini panini with lettuce, pickled gherkins and tartare sauce.

IMG_0151.jpg

That afternoon/evenings weather wasn't what I had planned for, so finding myself stuck in the house I wanted to give something I cook regularly enough a new twist.

I had half a loin of pork in my fridge still uncooked (I stir fried the other half with noodles during the week) and so threw it in the slow cooker this morning.

Took it out this evening and shredded it, deciding to make enchiladas with it.

Started by stirfrying lots of garlic with onion, peppers and the pork in a spicy tomato sauce, which I had broken some spicy cheddar cheese into.

SqrhDr.jpg

Decided that it would probably do no harm to chuck some kidney beans in to the mixture for some extra colour/t texture (though I like their taste too)

LRsZVT.jpg

Let that all simmer down a bit to thicken up, and then spoon some of the mixture into tortillas which I roll up into sausage shapes, place in the tray, and cover with more of the tomato sauce, and then some grated cheese.

HfDpVe.jpg

Baked in the oven for 20 mins or so until the cheese melts, and the outside of your enchiladas go a bit crispy.

sYlbvA.jpg

The end result is a cheesy , crispy, spicy feast of meat, veg and tortillas that are absolutely delicious, and very moreish.

nCzzHT.jpg

We have enchiladas regularly enough, but normally with chicken or steak and occasionally with pork mince, but after trying them with the pulled pork, I think I've discovered a very tasty replacement to the rest.

Definitely cooking them again. They were a big hit.

vjTEDe.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Thursday was steak, spuds and veg.

Yesterday we were in Dundrum so went to Jamie's Italian and while it was nice, it was very expensive (I thought anyway). I definitely wouldn't be going back in a hurry.

I had a pizza with pepperoni, mushroom and onion.
    The others had carbonara.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Tea sorted, vegan B&J

y1AjkGLl.jpg

Advertisement