Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Here's What I Had For Dinner - Part III - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

Kadai mushrooms with vegetable kofta, pilau rice and chapati

DGg0lVU.jpg

I now refuse to let a weekend pass without a curry.

Had a friend over, so pizza time again.

IMG_20170917_WA0006_800x450.jpg

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Beef bourgon, spelling may be wrong. No pic, as I was devastated after the gaa. BBC good food recipe, by Gordon Ramsey. A real hearty dish.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Tonight was pasta with bacon, mushrooms and baby tomatoes in a creamy tomato sauce. Divine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭pew

Tonigh was noodles with stir fried veg. Not very exciting but very very tasty

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

I was too disheartened yesterday to make dinner after watching Mayo loose. So yesterday's dinner was prepped yesterday and cooked today!
    Roast carrots and parsnips with some honey, new spuds and butter, creamed leeks, mashed turnip and salmon laced in lemon juice.
    Yesterday's dinner was nachos!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Tea sorted, vegan B&J
    I heard about those! Are they vegan or just non-dairy?

ETA: never mind; it's all over the lid :D

Tried a new spicy rub recipe for some pork loin on the BBQ last night. Still struggling to get the crackling going, but it's a work in progress.

20170918_223725_800x600.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,005 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

That's a lovely moist looking loin (oooh matron!).
    Not an easy joint to get right.
    Lovely

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭pew

Stir fried veg with rice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

I hadn't much in due to being away so had to improvise with what was there.

Roasted chicken thighs in the oven, with some baby spuds that I parboiled, then sauteed in oil in a really hot pan with salt & pepper and a few cloves of crushed garlic and some butter to add a bit of caramelisation to them

Lastly, good old baked beans done in the wok with a good squeeze of brown sauce and a splash of sriraccha stirred in to give it a kick.

It was one of those dishes that you weren't expecting much (hence no photos) but blew us away. :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Needed something quick tonight, tortellini in boiling water. Opened a can of tuna, mixed that in then other was cooked and drained. Last bit of coleslaw, in too. Opened the press for a splash of soy sauce. Missed it. Grabbed another bottle. Splash splash, mixed it up. Over to the table, started eating. I put in Worcester sauce. Different taste completely. Of course I ate it all 'coz I was starving.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,589 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Last night we had striploins, medium rare, with roasted veg (baby potatoes, carrots, butternut squash and asparagus, with lots of garlic and herbs). No energy to make a sauce so a bit of gravy using gravy powder, boiling water and the pan juices. I nearly licked the plate!

Dessert was a bit of Daim cake and a small bit of rice pudding. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭Corvo

beertons wrote: »
    Needed something quick tonight, tortellini in boiling water. Opened a can of tuna, mixed that in then other was cooked and drained. Last bit of coleslaw, in too. Opened the press for a splash of soy sauce. Missed it. Grabbed another bottle. Splash splash, mixed it up. Over to the table, started eating. I put in Worcester sauce. Different taste completely. Of course I ate it all 'coz I was starving.

Oh you dirty article.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Leinster1980

Bbcgoodfood Chicken byriani with mango chutney, carrot raita and mini naan

CPgHPfI.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Lasagna and garlic bread. Aldi's packet of white bread mix makes two lovely baguettes.

IMG_3045.jpg

Pra Ram: tofu in a peanut and spinach sauce served with brown rice. Other than the aggressive tofu* it was perfect, and even that was delicious.

*Have cooked tofu a few times, but never just panfried it. I noticed 2 things 1) it shrinks a lot and 2) it gets angry and has a tendency to explode at you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

kylith wrote: »
    Pra Ram: tofu in a peanut and spinach sauce served with brown rice. Other than the aggressive tofu* it was perfect, and even that was delicious.

*Have cooked tofu a few times, but never just panfried it. I noticed 2 things 1) it shrinks a lot and 2) it gets angry and has a tendency to explode at you.

Tofu's probably just sick of its reputation for being bland and inoffensive so it's trying a more Xtreeme attitude. Also your story reminded me of the deep-fried gnocchi incident:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkXy12xVnRs

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

kylith wrote: »

Could you share a recipe, please? That sounds delicious.

Shenshen wrote: »
    Could you share a recipe, please? That sounds delicious.

https://vegetariangastronomy.com/easy-thai-pra-ram-tofu-peanut-sauce/

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

That looks great, i make a delicious peanut butter stew with chicpeas and potato and will definitely try out that peanut butter dish.

That looks great, i make a delicious peanut butter stew with chicpeas and potato and will definitely try out that peanut butter dish.

I also recommend peanut butter stew, plenty of veg stock, ginger, and garlic then what ever meat and veg you want to throw in.

Recipe please!

We had lamb curry and Peshawari naan. Might have polished off some Percy pigs also. :pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Here is the first place I found it but I do it a bit differently now.
    TheVeganStoner-PeanutStew.jpg

Fry some onions in a pot, add a tin of tomatoes, a few big spoons of peanut butter - more the better! Peel and cube potatoes quite small and add them, tin of chickpeas, fill the pot up with water and let it sit on a really low heat until it looks done/potatoes are soft (like 30-60 mins depending). If you want it to be done fast you can par boil or microwave the potato and then it takes like 15 minutes or so.

While I am here this stew/soup thing is great, have had it so much:
    http://ohsheglows.com/2010/11/16/holiday-soup-for-the-soul/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,473 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Steak with creamy mash, broccoli, sweetcorn and onion gravy

IMG_0170.jpg

Also steak! Rib eye done medium rare on the BBQ, hassleback potatoes, garlic fried spinach and peas.

20170923_191654_800x600.jpg

Had a great day at vegfest at the weekend, are so much food. Here are a couple of the things, everything was vegan.

Hotdog:

J0uogoS.jpg

Dinner box, so like southern fried seitan, garlic bacon chips.

3WXG1ya.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

Rack of lamb with garlic and rosemary roast potatoes. Lots of roasted vegetables and delicious gravy and a bottle of wine between there to wash it all down.

Went to Umi Falafel last night. I had a Palestinian falafel sandwich which was pitta with hummus, tomato, cucumber pickles, fried aubergine, flat parsley and chilli and tahini sauce. Absolutely delicious. Everyone got their own main course but on the table we shared some stuffed vine leaves, hummus, tabbouleh and spiced potato wedges. Really good, too much food and get this - €45 for four people.

• Advertisement

Vegetable stir fry. Finally found some garlic that tastes like garlic in M&S*!

Been very disappointed with the stuff in Lidl recently, I must have put half a bulb in the noodles last time and it still didn't taste at all garlicy.

Advertisement