Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Here's What I Had For Dinner - Part III - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

There wasn't any water when I got home from work, so it was a takeway for us.

Tonight it'll be leftover chickpea and butternut squash curry, and I'll make some fresh chapatis and some veg kofta to go with it...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Work on the new kitchen means that my new cooker hasn't been put together yet and my old cooker is covered in crap, so it's going to be freezer food for the next few days. Veg Korma the night before last, but Himself treated me to a sweetcorn, pineapple, and mushroom pizza last night. Tonight will be a salad of some sort, since I'm back on the diet.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,473 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Cod in beer batter, sweet potato fries, mushy peas and tartare sauce

4_D249794-4529-40_CE-86_E0-_D888_DDE20_CBF.jpg

Mammy's beef stew (urgh, parsnips).

Tonight it's apparently slow-cooked shoulder of lamb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

kylith wrote: »
    Mammy's beef stew (urgh, parsnips).

Eat them all up, they are very good for you.

:mad:
    <¦>
    ^

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

Couple of evenings ago, 17.5oz 'cowboy' aka bone in ribeye.
    Was absolutely amazing.

IsDEVRVl.jpg

B0jangles wrote: »
    Eat them all up, they are very good for you.

:mad:
    <¦>
    ^

That's exactly what she looks like when I pick them out! After all these years she still tries to disguise them as potatoes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Shteak and shpuds as the O' Donovan brothers would say.
    Aldi Angus fillet steaks to be exact. It took me an Aldi and TWO Tesco stores to get proper floury spuds. Queens from Ardfert that confused the other half, mainly because his mothers idea of spuds is some watery ****e with half a tub of 'spread' thrown on top. Butter and salt all the way here!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,231 ✭✭✭jellybear

A lovely stew :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,168 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Shteak and shpuds as the O' Donovan brothers would say.
    Aldi Angus fillet steaks to be exact. It took me an Aldi and TWO Tesco stores to get proper floury spuds. Queens from Ardfert that confused the other half, mainly because his mothers idea of spuds is some watery ****e with half a tub of 'spread' thrown on top. Butter and salt all the way here!

Nothing worse than a watery spud. Floury all the way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Steak, mash, peas and mushrooms here tonight. One of my favourites.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,589 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Baked ham with a lingonberry and mustard glaze, roast potatoes, broccoli and carrots. Gravy for the spuds. Delicious! Loads of leftover ham for sandwiches. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,473 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Whole Roasted Plaice with Creamed Garlic Cabbage, Crispy Sautéed Potatoes and Sauce Vierge

5974_B832-3_A14-4_A1_C-80_C1-3_EAD033559_D5.jpg

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Stuck this on at midday. Black pepper and brown sugar rub. Gorgeous.

431240.jpg[\img]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭Loire

Baked ham with a lingonberry and mustard glaze, roast potatoes, broccoli and carrots. Gravy for the spuds. Delicious! Loads of leftover ham for sandwiches. :pac:

Ham simmering away on the hob as we speak, with onion, cinnamon and coriander seeds swimming around it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

I had time to cook yesterday (what else would you do in this weather?), so I made a big pot of black bean stew, which we had with lemon-scented rice and a roasted butternut squash and sweetcorn salsa in burritos:

ygBa5hI.jpg

Had a lovely pint of Doom Bar with them, and apple and cinnamon bus for dessert:

Vlt32ax.jpg

Had my parents over for dinner today:

Starter: Mushroom soup accompanying sliced up baguettes

Main: BBQd pork loin (with a dry rub), roast spuds, salsa verde, and a goats cheese, beetroot and mixed leaf salad

Dessert: Bramley apple crumble with vanilla ice cream

Everything homemade but the vanilla ice cream (well, and the cheese!). Had never made crumble before but will be doing it again!

I'd have taken photos but my parents wouldn't have understood wtf I was doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭pew

I made beetroot pesto from scratch. I'm not home on beetroot but it was lovely. I used walnuts in it. So I had that with a bit of pesto.

Today I had cabbage, peas and roast potatoes.

Currently have French onion soup on the hob slowly cooking so I'll have lunch for the next 2 days. I made it with homemade veg stock as I'm cutting back on salt

In order to use up the remains of the floury spuds (and a leek from risotto during the week) had gammon steaks here tonight. Sweetcorn along with the spuds and leeks. I hadn't had gammon steak in years. Not bad but a bit too salty for me.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Rib eye steak with mash and sautéed veg. We were shopping in Tesco so got the steaks there. Should have gone to Aldi on the way though, because although they were nice they weren't anywhere near as good as Aldi's.

2n8szds.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,005 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Cooked dinner for my parents too.
    Roast chicken with a lemon herb bread stuffing.
    Roast potatoes, carrots, parsnips, shallots and garlic. French beans. Gravy. Salsa verde.

Even my dad who has become very fussy about food really loved it (wouldn't taste the salsa verde or "half raw" beans - I used to specially cook the bejaysus out of some greens for him but he still wouldn't eat them because I cooked them and I always undercooked greens!)
    He even loved my gravy.

Anyway happy old folks and happy me.

Cupboards a bit bare, need to take a trip to Aldi tomorrow, so I think it's going to be spaghetti carbonara tonight.
    Yes, I DO put cream in!

I had a three bean chilli with a side of garlic roasted Brussels sprouts and carrots and broccoli roasted with thyme, oregano, garlic and mustard seeds.

Roast turkey breast, veg, mash and broccoli here tonight :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,168 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Roast turkey breast, veg, mash and broccoli here tonight :)

Please say there was gravy? You need gravy with an awesome meal like that.:D

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Please say there was gravy? You need gravy with an awesome meal like that.:D
    I always have gravy with roasts. Couldn't eat a roast without it. :o

pew wrote: »
    I had a three bean chilli with a side of garlic roasted Brussels sprouts and carrots and broccoli roasted with thyme, oregano, garlic and mustard seeds.

Same again tonight, but i also made a roasted garlic, tomato and basil soup instead of the chilli.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,589 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Mongolian beef stew with rice.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,005 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Mongolian beef stew with rice.

What makes a stew Mongolian?

• Advertisement

Smoky lentil stew. Was thinking of taking a photo, but Himself and I were too busy fighting over who got the last bit.

Advertisement