Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Here's What I Had For Dinner - Part III - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Lazy night last night, so two specially selected rib eye steaks from Aldi, cooked medium rare & served with crinkle cut frozen oven fries and some miso garlic butter.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Avocado, asparagus and spring onion teriyaki sushi with a ramen maze bowl (ramen noodles, shiitake, sweetcorn, onion crunch, pickled radish, teriyaki tofu and minced tofu, spring onion, soy sauce and chilli oil)

n88F7gdl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Steak & spuds last night. Was a long day, so something quick & easy was needed.

Tonight is Indian, Murgh Makhani with rice and Chicken Pakora.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Tonight was a marinated rump of lamb, cooked a little past pink. Served with roasted cauliflower florets, roasted cubes of potato and a mint chimichurri-type sauce

Dessert was a homemade tarte tatin

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Today we had vegan pizzas from Zizzi, they messed up our order and gave us a few free drinks, not so bad.

pN0fPzcl.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Makood

dudara wrote: »
    Lazy night last night, so two specially selected rib eye steaks from Aldi, cooked medium rare & served with crinkle cut frozen oven fries and some miso garlic butter.

Snap!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Lamb chops, veg, spuds and gravy here tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Tesco finest range. Green selection of veg in a mint and black pepper butter, lasagne and prosecco trifle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭pew

Cocktail sausages with colcannon and mashed turnip smothered in gravy

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Made a chilli last night for the slow cooker today.

Mixture of steak chunks and steak mince, couple of onions, tomatoes, beef stock , kidney beans and spices.

Simmered away from 8 this morning until now.

I also plopped a couple of spuds with skins on into the mix - so they've been slowly cooking away in the chilli juices all day too.

Stuffed now.

Think I will need to get the fat pants on now for the rest of the evening. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

Mushroom masala with tnadoori paneer and fresh chapattis:

Blh6dR1.jpg

I just needed my weekly curry kick :D

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭patsypantaloni

Long time lurker, seldom poster... but I had to break my cover for this!
    Pork chop with roasted spiced sweet potato wedges, braised red cabbage, spiced roasted cauliflower and steamed mangetout
    Not gonna lie, it was bleedin delicious!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 55 ✭✭Cocksy

french fries and salad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 488 ✭✭Paudee

IMG_20171204_WA0020.jpg

Last nights. Overcooked the eggs. Always overcook the eggs. We live in hope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

Shakshuka?

B0jangles wrote: »
    Shakshuka?

Some sort of an attempt anyway! I always either end up with too much liquid or overcooked eggs.

Always being the handful of times I've rememered it's a thing. Tinned tomatoes are a bit of a cop out to be fair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

I've only tried making it once and it was.. not a success - eggs were hard, sauce was watery and quite tasteless. Yours looks lovely!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Felt like something different tonight. Pork loin sliced finely, and marinated in soy sauce and Chinese five spice. Covered and put in fridge for 2 hours.

Sliced 2 peppers, 2 onions, 1 white cabbage, 2 sweet peppers and crushed a whole garlic, and 2 tea spoons of minced ginger.

Fried the pork, set to the side. Now the wok was so full of veg, it wasn't funny. They all went in at the same time. Fried it all for 10 mins, and then added the pork back in. Mixed it around for 2 more minutes and boom.

Lovely and crunchy. I'll stick up a pic tomorrow, as I probably have enough till Friday.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,589 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Veggie pasta bake. Cheesy and delicious.

Now enjoying tea and my husband's leftover birthday cake - red velvet with cream cheese icing. Nom!

I've only tried making it once and it was.. not a success - eggs were hard, sauce was watery and quite tasteless. Yours looks lovely!

Cheers, I think the tinned tomatoes is the reason for the excess water.

I spent most of yesterday in work reading the 'breakfast' thread which led me to 'Mumbai disco eggs' which became dinner. Went a bit mad with the old green chillies.. I know it looks mental but it genuinely tasted great. Brown sauce because.. Indian.

IMG_20171205_213811.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

I'm working between my own shop in Dublin City and the RDS ('til late) this week, so got a sandwich from one of the stands from a company called Inspire! It was a mildly unpleasant pre packaged ham and cheese sambo with a bottle of Coke.
    Is it next Monday yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Miso udon veg soup (broccoli, cabbage, carrot, mushroom), with medium boiled egg, and seafood stick for me.

IMG_3123.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭pew

Cabbage rolls stuffed with BBQ quorn mince,mushrooms and onions and some tomato and mozerella on the side

• Registered Users Posts: 12,168 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

beertons wrote: »
    Felt like something different tonight. Pork loin sliced finely, and marinated in soy sauce and Chinese five spice. Covered and put in fridge for 2 hours.

Sliced 2 peppers, 2 onions, 1 white cabbage, 2 sweet peppers and crushed a whole garlic, and 2 tea spoons of minced ginger.

Fried the pork, set to the side. Now the wok was so full of veg, it wasn't funny. They all went in at the same time. Fried it all for 10 mins, and then added the pork back in. Mixed it around for 2 more minutes and boom.

Lovely and crunchy. I'll stick up a pic tomorrow, as I probably have enough till Friday.

Hurry up with the photo. I want to see this.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

Pushed for time this evening, so it was a big dish of whatever-needs-using-up pasta bake, with lots of smoked cheese over the top.
    I'm kind of stuffed, but in half an hour or so I'll have some of my christmas biscuits. My scales ran out of battery yesterday, and I'm taking this as a sign that I shouldn't worry about what I eat for now.
    Not yet sure when I'll replace the batteries. Or if. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭arian

Shakshuka?

Coincidentally, read a shakshuka blog post this morning:
    http://www.afeliaskitchen.com/shakshuka/
    She talks convincingly about the relative amount of tomatoes, but I was a little worried by
    If you like them [eggs] cooked all the way through, cover the pan to speed up the process.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Hurry up with the photo. I want to see this.:D

Damn it, I forgot. I'll take a pic of the big bowl left if it's any good. Tastes alot better than it looks.

attachment.php?attachmentid=435448&d=1512589673[\img]

• Registered Users Posts: 12,168 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

beertons wrote: »
    Damn it, I forgot. I'll take a pic of the big bowl left if it's any good. Tastes alot better than it looks.

attachment.php?attachmentid=435448&d=1512589673[\img]

My kinda meal Beertons!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Tesco are doing €2 deal on cauldron aduki bean melts. I'm going to be stocking up. They're absolutely delicious.

I had one with aloo tikki, a tomato, onion and chilli salad and Greek yoghurt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Whispered wrote: »
    Tesco are doing €2 deal on cauldron aduki bean melts. I'm going to be stocking up. They're absolutely delicious.

I had one with aloo tikki, a tomato, onion and chilli salad and Greek yoghurt.

Can you tell me what these are please?

Advertisement