Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Here's What I Had For Dinner - Part III - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Last night was steak, carrots, broccoli, garlic spinach and potatoes.

Tonight is a cottage pie type dish. Can't wait to get stuck in :o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

Last night was steak, carrots, broccoli, garlic spinach and potatoes.
    We had almost an identical dinner - striploin steak, broccoli, carrots and baked potatoes with peppercorn sauce.

This evening will be sticky chilli chicken with stir fry veg and udon noodles.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Today was roast chicken, carrots, potatoes and gravy.

First time I've been able to cook a full roast dinner in ages and it was such a nice way to spend the afternoon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

White pizza with rosemary and potoatoes :

9jNmgAl.jpg

And a spicy mushroom and olives pizza :

E4My9UB.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Roasted chicken thighs sprinkled with some salt/pepper - paprika and cumin.
    Steamed broccoli and carrots.
    Diced rooster potatoes, par boiled and then sauteed in olive oil with crushed garlic.
    Gravy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,281 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Rick Shaw wrote: »
    Roasted chicken thighs sprinkled with some salt/pepper - paprika and cumin.
    Steamed broccoli and carrots.
    Diced rooster potatoes, par boiled and then sauteed in olive oil with crushed garlic.
    Gravy.

Those roasties look gorgeous!

leahyl wrote: »
    Those roasties look gorgeous!

They're not exactly roasties, more sauteed spuds. I seen Gordon Ramsay do them one evening in a show, where he said they rival chips any night of the week, and he's right.

The crushed garlic cloves fried into the spuds gives them an excellent twist

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Himself did tomato oven risotto, or Hot Wet Rice, as he calls it. So incredibly good he's requested it for Christmas dinner for himself.

Spaghetti and meatballs in a tomato and oregano sauce.

It was a tasty change.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,281 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Rick Shaw wrote: »
    They're not exactly roasties, more sauteed spuds. I seen Gordon Ramsay do them one evening in a show, where he said they rival chips any night of the week, and he's right.

The crushed garlic cloves fried into the spuds gives them an excellent twist

Aah, what I would call fried potatoes so or jojo’s (Don’t ask me why, we always call them that!) - they look delicious anyway :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I made Osso Bucco for the first time this evening. It’s something I’ve always want to try but could never get the meat. M&S are doing it now and it’s quite cheap. Bought some last week and only got around to it today. Easy to make and I had all the ingredients after the Christmas shop. Had it with buttery mash potatoes and it was devine.

436957.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,005 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

BaZmO* wrote: »
    I made Osso Bucco for the first time this evening. It’s something I’ve always want to try but could never get the meat. M&S are doing it now and it’s quite cheap.

Was it veal shin or beef?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Was it veal shin or beef?

Rose Veal

• Registered Users Posts: 17,005 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

For some reason, Irish stew has become a tradition on Christmas eve in my house so I made one an Saturday for last night with some really lovely shoulder of lamb.
    Ages since I made an Irish stew. Loved it!

Brunch today too!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,589 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Well lads allow me to be the first to recount the Christmas dinner feast:

Smoked salmon on brown bread
    Melon
    Choice of parsnip or butternut squash soup
    Main course of turkey, ham, smoked ham, spiced beef, sage and onion stuffing, apple and sausage meat stuffing, buttered carrots, Brussels sprouts with bacon and black pudding, spiced red cabbage, cranberry sauce and gravy.
    Dessert was red velvet cake, Christmas pudding with custard and cream, ice cream, Malteser cake and Roses and After Eights.
    Cheese and coffee
    Tea and crackers
    A river of prosecco, wine, beer and soft drinks flowed.

An absolute feast. In a food coma now. A complete cracker of a Christmas. Best wishes to you all. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭CastielJ

i will cook potatoes with mushrooms and bacons

Leftovers -same as everyone, I would imagine. Tonight, I took our leftover sprouts, carrots and broccoli and put them into a stew with pasta and chickpeas. And very, very yum it was, too, though not much to look at.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Chicken and ham pie with mash.

IMG_3535.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

No photo, but a hotel bar food meal tonight. For me personally it was butterfly chicken on a bed of stuffing. Bacon on top of the chicken and then covered in a mushroom sauce. On the side were fries and salad. Chocolate brownie for dessert covered in chocolate sauce with cream and mini Buttons.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,589 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Chicken and broccoli bake...but with leftover turkey. It was savage!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Nachos for dinner. Topped with fresh tomato salsa, fresh guacamole, grated cracker barrell cheese, loads of jalapeños, chopped coriander and Greek yoghurt.

Two glasses of prosecco, one with orange juice and one with strawberry cordial (it wasn't great prosecco so I needed to mix it with something) and I opened the box of quality street. (Toffee stick and the purple one were my sweets of choice). Stuffed!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Whispered wrote: »
    Nachos for dinner. Topped with fresh tomato salsa, fresh guacamole, grated cracker barrell cheese, loads of jalapeños, chopped coriander and Greek yoghurt.

Two glasses of prosecco, one with orange juice and one with strawberry cordial (it wasn't great prosecco so I needed to mix it with something) and I opened the box of quality street. (Toffee stick and the purple one were my sweets of choice). Stuffed!

Damn! I love nachos. That sounds so sexy. Wouldn’t pass down those beverages either.

Vegetable korma (with butternut squash, potaotes, cauliflower and peas), vegetable kofta (carrots, peas, sweetcorn, leeks and runner beans), pilau rice and fresh chapattis.
    With a glass of shandy to wash it down - just lovely

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Leftover chilli on cheesy nachos for the kids.

And for me, a pork and prawn curry, with mixed veg(even put in a can of potatoes), coconut cream and lemongrass powder.

attachment.php?attachmentid=437743&d=1515002271[\img]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Grandeeod wrote: »
    No photo, but a hotel bar food meal tonight. For me personally it was butterfly chicken on a bed of stuffing. Bacon on top of the chicken and then covered in a mushroom sauce. On the side were fries and salad. Chocolate brownie for dessert covered in chocolate sauce with cream and mini Buttons.

Where was that Grandeeod? Sounds delish! I'm hoping somewhere near me.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Cozy butternut squash and lentil stew with cauliflower rice, amazing. Discovered apple cider vinegar is the best.

mgdVkXzl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Where was that Grandeeod? Sounds delish! I'm hoping somewhere near me.

Its not near you RC. In Laois.

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

It's my last day in work tomorrow and so is tradition we bring in treats, and a lotto ticket. I have a box of celebrations in the car leftover from Christmas but tried for the 5th time to make cookies and they worked this time! Just like subway cookies, so yes, I'm 25 and having cookies for dinner :D

RnhspRQ.jpg?1

NhZ5EZL.jpg?2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

cefh17 wrote: »
    It's my last day in work tomorrow and so is tradition we bring in treats, and a lotto ticket. I have a box of celebrations in the car leftover from Christmas but tried for the 5th time to make cookies and they worked this time! Just like subway cookies, so yes, I'm 25 and having cookies for dinner :D

What recipe did you use?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

SB_Part2 wrote: »
    What recipe did you use?

I used this recipe, followed it to the letter, except when melting the butter I let it on the heat for longer until it started to turn a little golden/brown for a deeper more nutty flavour. Did it at 175C and rotated the tray around after 7 minutes and cooked them for a further 6.

Last pic I promise!

3MbmA1t.jpg?1

Advertisement