Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Here's What I Had For Dinner - Part III - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

Fish tacos nom nom nom nom nom

20180106_194731_800x600.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,589 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

I just had the most amazingly simple and perfect dinner. Potatoes, sliced, boiled and fried, with loads of salt, vinegar and ketchup. Two runny fried eggs alongside, and a slice of bread and butter. Absolutely delicious. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

A super spicy indian style curry with loads of lime and coriander. It was all the nicer that it was handed to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

I just had the most amazingly simple and perfect dinner. Potatoes, sliced, boiled and fried, with loads of salt, vinegar and ketchup. Two runny fried eggs alongside, and a slice of bread and butter. Absolutely delicious. :)

Awesome! I have no other word for that meal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭missyb01

No potatoes or bread for the month of jan so I loaded up on the veg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,473 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

A great big pot of moules!

848_F5243-9_CF1-4870-8939-_ABDA36_B798_EB.jpg

Turkey and ham pie here - from frozen leftovers. Absolutely amazing.

Short base, puff top. Minced carrot, onion and celery, with some buttery spinach and fried chestnut mushrooms thrown in. Cream sauce with chicken stock and thyme. Great Sunday night comfort food. Bloody work in the morning! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Last night was duck breast with dauphinoise potatoes and broccoli.

Tonight will be grilled Iberico plumas pork, with salad & honey thyme roasted baby carrots

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Ribs with barbecue style sauce, baked crispy spud with butter in the middle and sweet corn.

It was good chow.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Hah, I also had a big pot of mussels last night. Cheap in Dunnes.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Terrible picture sorry, made corn chowder in a cashew based sauce (with potatoes and spinach too)

OAigFcFl.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Actually better pic from last time I made it:

bIooOGal.jpg

Chickpea burgers, mango salsa and whole meal pittas.

2_F0_BC081-_F2_D1-4003-8524-_D0_FECBB0295_E.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

I had bean and split pea chilli with a bit of rice and a wrap, topped with some cheddar.

Then when that was gone I had "buffalo" cauliflower bites with a blue cheese/yoghurt sauce. The cauliflower was FAB. Really nice way to do a pretty boring veg and with enough flavour to be a snack or lunch in it's own right.

Then 3 foxes biscuits and with that a day of healthy eating ruined. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

I LOVE Buffalo Cauliflower, it's so incredibly delicious.

Yesterday the man was out, that means I have fish, made myself some Teriyaki Salmon with rice and tossed some green veg in the Teriyaki sauce too.

Will do some bulk cooking today, green lentils with bacon and red Thai curry.
    Plus something with meatballs as dinner.

Dial Hard’s Meatloaf with Mash, Roasted Carrots, Garlic Beans and Gravy.

685_E8780-7_A09-4690-86_D4-6_F3_A20361236.jpg

Dial Hard’s Meatloaf with Mash, Roasted Carrots, Garlic Beans and Gravy.

How was it? I like to add sausage meat to my meatloaf for moisture and flavour.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭pew

I made a walnut and rocket pesto and had it with tagletelli and mushrooms.

I froze individual portions of ham, turkey and apple and sausage meat stuffing from Christmas.

I defrosted some tonight, reheated, and made fresh gravy from some frozen turkey stock.

I threw on a few roasties and some veg and job's a good 'un. Very delicious and comforting. :)

2navej6.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

I had smoked salmon and scrambled eggs with homemade brown bread. The salmon was a bit too salty for me. It was from Aldi. Generous portions though.

How was it? I like to add sausage meat to my meatloaf for moisture and flavour.

I'm in query mode too if Gloomtastic can repost Diall hards recipe. I used to buy meatloaf in the Butchers Block and it was always very nice. But lately its as bland as a nun at a rave. So I fancy making my own.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Grandeeod wrote: »
    I'm in query mode too if Gloomtastic can repost Diall hards recipe. I used to buy meatloaf in the Butchers Block and it was always very nice. But lately its as bland as a nun at a rave. So I fancy making my own.

It's in the General Chat thread :)
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=105769195&postcount=8674

That sounds so good!

It was good thanks, everybody wolfed it down. First time making Meatloaf. You could add all sorts of stuff to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭boodlesdoodles

I wrap my meatloaf in streaky rashers makes a lovely crispy shell to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭pew

I made spaghetti with a mushroom sauce made with soya cream and had caramelized onions mixed through it.

Beige dinner here, clearing out the freezer. Beef pie, onion rings, mini potato dauphinois, peas. Not bad.

A few Haribo jellies for dessert. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Salmon Darnes done in the oven (wrapped in tinfoil) with baked spuds* (about 4 evenings running now) and peas and sweet corn.**

It was one of those dinners where I wasn't expecting much, but was actually Very Very tasty.

* the wife bought what could only be described as a sack of spuds for Christmas. I dunno what army she thought we were to be feeding, but they need to be used up.

**we're ALL apparently eating healthy until at least Easter I was informed on Mon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Child had lentils and bacon, I made a big batch for the freezer.

We had pork mince stir fry, nomnomnom.

Advertisement