Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Here's What I Had For Dinner - Part III - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

pew wrote: »
    I made spaghetti with a mushroom sauce made with soya cream and had caramelized onions mixed through it.
    Had something similar the other day, but with mushrooms and spinach rather than onions.

Last night was peanut butter stew and spinach with rice; chickpeas for protein.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

We tried some of the new Wicked Kitchen range from Tesco last night, ate the pizzas and they were amazing.
    There are 20 new products in total!

tiz5s4Cl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭Loire

Nothing ready for dinner last night so I whipped up breaded chicken fillets with boiled rice mixed with peas. It was really nice. I added some of the breadcrumbs to the frying pan too when the chicken was nearly done with some butter and they were lovely.

I made enough rice for tonight too so all I have to do is fry some salmon and I have dinner ready!

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Space Dog

Last night I had a crusty white roll topped with Marmite and tahini, avocado, pan-fried smoked tofu and some nutritional yeast flakes. It was absolutely delicious, can't wait to have it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

I lashed a huge batch of Thai curry on in the slowcooker. Man will have that.
    Have fish in the fridge that I need to use up, will fry it up and have some buttery parsley spuds with it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Pasta bake with chicken and lots of veg, and a little salad on the side with honey & balsamic dressing.

IMG_3567.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,005 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I really wanted chicken and chips last night.
    Boned a chicken leg and spiced it a little (espalette pepper, oregano, onion powder, allspice, salt and pepper) and fried it. Served that with skinny oven chips and a side of kimchi.

All chicken and chips should be served with kimchi - it's a fantastic combination.

I found a very nice Korean kimchi in a local Asian shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

God I love kimchi, I'd eat a bowl of it by itself :D

What brand was it revolu?

cefh17 wrote: »
    God I love kimchi, I'd eat a bowl of it by itself :D

What brand was it revolu?

I can't remember the brand. It came in a pouch (I decanted into a large jar) was Korean and cost around €4.80. I really like it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

I found a very nice Korean kimchi in a local Asian shop.

Revolu, are you in Cork city? I want to taste kimchi before trying to make it.

• Advertisement

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Revolu, are you in Cork city? I want to taste kimchi before trying to make it.

Yes, it's the Red Dragon shop on the corner of Cornmarket Street and Lavitt's Quay. In the fridge just inside the door.

I tried making it once years ago.
    I think something went wrong - it got very, very stinky.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Thanks! I'll give it a shot!

I tried making it once years ago.
    I think something went wrong - it got very, very stinky.

I'm a fan of this fermentation series on BA, this is the one I'd try if I was making it.. pity my fridge in this apartment is too small for store basically anything :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

for dinner yesterday friend made me roast cauliflower, roast butternut squash, baked smoky tofu, lettuce in an almond based caesar salad dressing mmm. Was amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

cefh17 wrote: »
    I'm a fan of this fermentation series on BA, this is the one I'd try if I was making it.. pity my fridge in this apartment is too small for store basically anything :(

Brad is the best! I love the 'It's alive' series :D

Ninja edit: I also would love to taste kimchi..... I have become more and more interested in fermented foods in recent times, supposedly great for gut health

Ninja edit: I also would love to taste kimchi..... I have become more and more interested in fermented foods in recent times, supposedly great for gut health

He's the best, him and Vinny :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Brad is the best! I love the 'It's alive' series :D

You should watch Cooked on Netflix. A four part series and one of the episodes has a piece about fermented food, bread, beer, etc. Really interesting insight.

IMG_3163.jpg

Blue steak with blue cheese butter, veg, and mashed potato. Creme brulee for dessert.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

I was working late, so it had to be something fast. I found a pack of stuffed pasta from Aldi in the fridge (ricotta and truffle), and had that fried up with some onions, eggs and parsley. Out of picture I also had a pretzel from Lidl with some cream cheese.

TgIdKnV.jpg

IMG_3164.jpg

Steak part 2: quesadilla

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Meatloaf. In kebabs with the most amazing white sauce. 3 tablespoons mayo, 2 tablespoons natural yougart, 3 cloves of garlic crushed and a teaspoon of dried parsley. I'm telling no lies, you'd get up in the middle of the night for the sauce alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Pilau Rice with Chicken Saag (chicken and spinach curry)

Delicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Brown dinner!

(with some leaves with pumpkinseed oil, vinegar and garlic)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

M&S pork belly, a bit expensive but always tender and delicious. With mash, shredded cabbage and roasted baby carrots.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Spiced beef, with dauphinoise potatoes, roasted Brussels sprouts, green beans with mustard sauce.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

I tried an idea I had, potato and sweet potato pie, with cream cheese and feta filling. The first pic got a bit dark, but it looked really nice. Tasted very nice, too, but next time, I'll add more filling.

dPTNXVP.jpg

hqRTqtX.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Made a chilli with mince and lumps of round steak mixed together last night and then served it up this evening with sauteed potatoes with crushed garlic and salt and pepper (posh chips basically).

Nom.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Ya can't beat a Chilli with chunks of beef instead of mince. Saw Jamie Oliver make it this way once and I swear by it. Takes longer but is so worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Pan-fried organic salmon, served with broccoli, feta & mint, along with a green salad dressed with balsamic

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,589 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Pizza from the local Italian chipper. Ham and mushroom. Cheap and cheerful. And rather good it was too.

Advertisement