Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Here's What I Had For Dinner - Part III - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Turkey stir fry with veg and improvised sauce. Wanted to do black bean sauce but when I opened it there was some white fluff in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

IMG_3165.jpg

Mushroom and spinach omlette with wedges. There was also garlic mayo.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Random omelette dinner: spinach, cheese, red pepper. Brown rice cooked with lentils, dried fruit, turmeric and whole spices.

Random can be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭treenytru

Yesterday's dinner = today's lunch

Salad of a sorts....Glazed sesame salmon, cannellini beans, spinach and broccoli

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Pan-fried duck breast, cooked rare side of medium rare
    Sautéed kale with soy & garlic
    Broccoli with mint

• Advertisement

Yesterday pan-fried salmon with oven chips and greens.

Today I made a large batch of Chili con carne and we had burritos with it, rice, chili, lettuce, spring onions and other bits in a wrap. Was nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,005 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

French onion soup with garlic and leeks.
    Confit duck legs (Lidl/silver Hill)
    Salad of slightly blitzed broad beans, tomatoes, onion, garlic, parsley, lemon juice, pomegranate molasses, olive oil.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Spaghetti with red lentil sauce, ham & spinach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

It's going to be homemade pizza but I can't post a photo :( Anyway homemade base and sauce with green & red peppers, onion, sweetcorn, black olives and pineapple, because of course pineapple belongs on pizza!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,589 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

We had cheesy cottage pie last night. It was manna from heaven on such a cold evening.

• Advertisement

Made a batch of Sweet&Sour pork yesterday but instead of having it for dinner I froze most of it.
    My man came home at feckall o'clock and made lemon chicken for him, had a bit for dinner too.

Haggis with crispy roasties.

kylith wrote: »

No neeps?

No neeps?
    Yuk

I was going to do some carrots, but it turns out we'd eaten them all.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Roast chicken breast with baked potatoes and ratatouille.

IMG_3583.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Baked salmon with baby potatoes and petits pois. It looked dull on the plate but it was delicious. The potatoes, in particular, were delicious.
    I am loving Aldi's "Egan's Baby Potatoes" and only 99c too. Tossed in a little butter with salt, black pepper and parsley....divine!

Smoky Lentil Stew.

Working 12 hour days all weekend so it'll probably be that tonight too, and maybe tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,005 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

kylith wrote: »

Snap!
    But with champ, mashed neeps (would have said yuk a year ago), peas, apple sauce.

This is becoming one of my favorite dinners!

Did you get yours in M&S?

Snap!
    But with champ, mashed neeps (would have said yuk a year ago), peas, apple sauce.

This is becoming one of my favorite dinners!

Did you get yours in M&S?

Nope, Scotland. I was over visiting family and, well, you can't go to Scotland and not come back with a haggis, can you?

We had pork steaks with peppercorn sauce, pasta and green veg. My man's absolute comfort food.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Dinner of macaroni pasta and veg soup with grated cheese was devoured. Little shake of chilli flakes in the soup and a dash of soy sauce in the tray that I mixed everything in. As weird as it sounds, this dish could definitely be a regular. And it's so cheap. Wahey!

We had chicken burgers with onion, home made pickles, ketchup, mayo and brioche buns. With oven chips. Great, easy Saturday night dinner.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Been at some of the restaurants doing the dublin vegan foodie festival this weekend, here are some of the things I had:

Herby stuffed "chicken"

RLR2Ucil.jpg

This whole thing was only 7 euro, a roast cauliflower with olive oil, tahini, sea salt, scallions, cherry tomatoes, pomegranate.

7WUQplJl.jpg

and desserts!

Trio of victoria sponge with sorbet, coulis, cream and custard:

Ct2WSOvl.jpg

set coconut milk in a rosewater syrup with dissicated coconut and crushed almonds, this thing was AMAZING.

iT9cu0al.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Impressive :)

Same as Friday night: smoky lentil stew. I put some spinach in it this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,473 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Slow-cooked Mexican beef with guacamole, tomato salsa and coleslaw.

5_CF23_B40-7_BEC-456_C-_A1_C6-_F1_C9_C46_DCC29.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

I like those bowls. Where you get them?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Recipe for the beef please

RasTa wrote: »
    I like those bowls. Where you get them?

Sorry, can’t remember. They are great though, use them for everything, indestructible!

• Advertisement

Advertisement