Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Here's What I Had For Dinner - Part III - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,473 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Stuffed Pork, Roasties, Broccoli, Roasted Carrots and Celery, Sweetcorn and Stuffing Balls with Gravy.

CEBEC313-4_C31-4_BCE-8_F3_E-6_C31_EBA2_AE12.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

No pics this time, but yesterday we had our weekly curry : matter paneer with pilau rice, onion pakoras and fresh chapatis

Today I had time so made a stew in the slow cooker : brown and beluga lentils, potatoes, carrots, peas, celery, onions, mushrooms and in white wine sauce. Delicious, but no leftovers (despite deliberately making more so I'd have some)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

RasTa wrote: »
    I like those bowls. Where you get them?

Homestore and More have them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭pew

I made a vegan burrito bowl with vegan cheese, lime rice and refried beans.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Man made butter chicken, he uses the Donal Skehan recipe and it's the most gorgeous!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I made a quick beef & mushroom casserole with leftover roast beef from the freezer and added some Guinness, it was delicious :)

IMG_3590.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

I prepared a stew for the slow cooker last night, it really was the easiest stew I have ever made.

900g of stewing beef.
    Large onion - chopped.
    2 x tbs of flour.
    2 x tsp of paprika
    1 x tsp of salt
    1 x tsp of pepper
    Stalk of celery roughly chopped
    Couple of carrots roughly chopped
    Spuds (as many or as few as you like) cut into chunks same size (so they all cook at same time) l leave the skins on my spuds - cos that's where all the nutrients are , it holds them together and also I love the taste of them.
    Clove of garlic finely chopped
    350ml of beef stock
    Splash of Worcester sauce
    Bayleaf.

Basically toss the beef - the flour/salt/pepper in a large bowl.

Then add the meat to the slow cooker and horse everything else in..

I was worried that not browning the beef first might have taken from its flavour/texture but not a bit.

Took me 20mins to prep. I cooked it on slow from 8am to 1730.

No pics because my mother in law would think I was a madman altogether if she seen me snapping pics of my steaming stew. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭Bazzy

I went to the dark casserole/hot pot side today

Breast of chicken diced
    Scallion/Spring onion diced
    Onion diced
    Red pepper finely cut
    Leek roughly cut
    Stock cube
    Gullions fire
    Gullions fury
    Gullions ghost

3 hot sauces i've acquired

Fired it all into the pot and left it for an hour and a half @ 180 fan oven

Put a teas spoon and a bit of cornflour mixed with water , and she was beautiful like a spicy broth

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Made Cauliflower and chickpea korma, with homemade mango chutney and homemade flatbreads.

Very proud of myself :D

IMG_3185.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 523 Mod ✭✭✭✭TheKBizzle

Made onigiri last night. Soy & honey glazed salmon and shiitake and chilli in the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,123 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Basic but yum!
    Omelette with cracked pepper, chives and tinned salmon

Burn’s night came a couple of days early.....

Haggis, Mash, Carrots and Neeps, Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Balsamic and Honey.

E06_BD02_F-_E223-424_A-9_F97-8_C242_C1_CA1_CE.jpg

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Vege burgers. Made with black beans, chick peas, blitzed onion, pepper and garlic, egg, breadcrumbs and a shake of hot spices. Kids thought they were horrible, but me and my parents thought they were different and had a good bite.

Chicken Parmigiani with Aldi’s Mediterranean Quinoa mixed with Roasted Veg and Feta cheese.

68_C557_CF-_EEDF-4_DD1-_AA00-2_B7_F0_B4_C9_C48.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,005 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

beertons wrote: »
    Vege burgers. Made with black beans, chick peas, blitzed onion, pepper and garlic, egg, breadcrumbs and a shake of hot spices. Kids thought they were horrible, but me and my parents thought they were different and had a good bite.

When it comes to food, most kids are jerks!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,589 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Spaghetti, meatballs and garlicky tomato sauce with lots of parmesan. A classic! Simple and as tasty as ever. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Roast chicken with baked potatoes - pre gravy photo.

IMG_3601.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

Mushroom kadai with onion pakoras, pilau rice and fresh, buttered chapatis :

yYH9cng.jpg

It's a crappy picture, but it was soooo nice - I'm still stuffed!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Cheese and mushroom omelette with an attempt at crispy sweet potato fries. The fries were not worth it for the effort, think i’ll Stick to frozen ones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

When it comes to food, most kids are jerks!

“I don’t like it!”

“How do you know you don’t like, you’ve never had it!!!”

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Pork escalope (lidl xl), mashed potatoes, green beans and peas.

Chicken thighs, filleted and curried with onion peppers coriander and garlic. Served with pilau rice and naan bread.

Our of shot are poppadoms. (Shop bought)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Chicken thighs, filleted and curried with onion peppers coriander and garlic. Served with pilau rice and naan bread.

Our of shot are poppadoms. (Shop bought)

Nice! The rice looks delicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭treenytru

Quick lazy dinner...spinach and sundried tomato omlette and broccoli (home cooked) with kimchi slaw and pesto potatoes (from the salad bar at dunnes)

Enjoyed it ...but as speaking as someone who lived in Korea for 2 years was let down by the slaw..barely a kick to it...the Koreans would be dismayed at the inclusion of kimchi in the name

treenytru wrote: »
    Quick lazy dinner...spinach and sundried tomato omlette and broccoli (home cooked) with kimchi slaw and pesto potatoes (from the salad bar at dunnes)

Enjoyed it ...but as speaking as someone who lived in Korea for 2 years was let down by the slaw..barely a kick to it...the Koreans would be dismayed at the inclusion of kimchi in the name

Kimchi is something that I have seen repeatedly pop up now in these threads, it has me very intrigued.

Anyone know where I can pick up some bona fide stuff? I do be in Eurasia ethnic supermarket quite regularly (Fonthill) I wonder if they'd sell it.

Where did you get the kimchi slaw from btw?

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭treenytru

Hey Johnny dogs

This one was from the salad bar in Dunnes Stores ilac centre branch to be exact but I notice Tesco have one in the same section as the coleslaw hummus etc.Yet to try it so can't comment

For the authentic stuff try here.... https://www.tripadvisor.ie/Restaurant_Review-g186605-d12004982-Reviews-Han_Sung-Dublin_County_Dublin.html

It's a korean food store with a little resturant down the back. As you go in in the fridges on your right hand side they packaged kimchi from korea and lunch boxes of fresh kimchi made by a lady in the north strand...bout 3.50 for 300g so not cheap but the best I've found:)

If you decide to try it remember it has to be kept refridgerated to keep the good bacteria alive. Make sure it's well sealed up in the fridge though as if not it'll stink the place out of it!

treenytru wrote: »
    Hey Johnny dogs

This one was from the salad bar in Dunnes Stores ilac centre branch to be exact but I notice Tesco have one in the same section as the coleslaw hummus etc.Yet to try it so can't comment

For the authentic stuff try here.... https://www.tripadvisor.ie/Restaurant_Review-g186605-d12004982-Reviews-Han_Sung-Dublin_County_Dublin.html

It's a korean food store with a little resturant down the back. As you go in in the fridges on your right hand side they packaged kimchi from korea and lunch boxes of fresh kimchi made by a lady in the north strand...bout 3.50 for 300g so not cheap but the best I've found:)

If you decide to try it remember it has to be kept refridgerated to keep the good bacteria alive. Make sure it's well sealed up in the fridge though as if not it'll stink the place out of it!

Thanks for the info, I'll definitely have to check this out.

Today I made chilli with baked potato and mashed avocado with lime and salt and pepper.

I make chill fairly regularly, it's cheap, healthy and easy to make. I use the following method

You will need 5/600g of mince.
    1 x large onion diced.
    4 x garlic cloves crushed.
    1 x tsp of crushed chilli
    2 x tsp of oregano
    1 x tsp of cumin
    1.x tsp of smoked paprika
    1 x tsp of cayenne pepper
    350ml of beef stock
    1 x can of tomatoes
    1 x can of kidney beans (or mixed beans)
    2 x tbsp of tomatoe puree.

(Optional)
    Chopped bell pepper
    Few squares of dark chocolate

Fry onion, garlic on a very low heat in a sauce pan with lid on so as they sweat and turn translucent, meanwhile in a separate pan fry off your mince (do in batches of you like) ensuring water evaporates.

Mix browned mince into saucepan with the onion and add in crushed chilli, stir well - then add in your tomato puree and cook for a couple of minutes.

Add your tomatoes, beef stock, rest of spices and mix well.

Cook on very low heat for 45 mins

Drain beans and add to chilli approx 15mins before serving.

If using pepper add this in after adding the minceto onion, and if using chocolate - I add in at same time as beef stock.

I could eat it 7 days a week quite happily. :)
    This can also be cooked in the slow cooker**

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

Dark chocolate, my man! It's my secret ingredient, gives it a lovely colour

• Advertisement

Roast lamb (hiding in the background), roasties, cauliflower cheese, broccoli and sweetcorn, best-ever gravy and a mountain of Yorkshire Puddings (because you can! ) :)

6_D31_D5_D2-0_D42-4_BAE-_A294-_F4_A21_AAB8_D76.jpg

Advertisement