Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Here's What I Had For Dinner - Part III - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,473 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Turkey meatballs with spaghetti and tomato sauce

E19_BF175-_CDA3-42_F9-8_FCD-_ADFD7_B0_E1091.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Melendez wrote: »

A plain roasted lean beef burger (no comments please, I know it's not ethical) is far nicer and much the same calories.

I'd have thought this is probably the one area on boards you can post about any meat, or any meat free dish, you like without getting "comments" about what you do or do not eat. Plus the whole post was about turkey but you were expecting comments about beef? Did I miss something. Was there a Beefgate or something :D

Lasagna. With homemade pasta of which I'm very proud!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

And right now I had plaice with lemon parsley butter, steamed veg and crispy potatoes.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭boodlesdoodles

Melendez wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

I did his southern fried chicken recipe last week and it was a revelation. My husband is still raving about it. I used mini chicken fillets and they worked perfectly.

I did his southern fried chicken recipe last week and it was a revelation. My husband is still raving about it. I used mini chicken fillets and they worked perfectly.

This recipe?

https://www.cookingchanneltv.com/recipes/tom-kerridge/toms-fried-chicken-in-a-basket-2628585

• Advertisement

Nope, the new one from his healthy eating cookery show. I bought the book on offer last week and there are some really good recipes in it. This was first one I tried. Found it on BBC site:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/southern-style_chicken_09457

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Chicken stir fry with tons of veg and black bean sauce.

Also a stir fry but with tofu and a lime, honey, chilli and soy sauce. ''Twas delicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Asian slow cooked beef short ribs served on garlic polenta with a reduced cooking sauce.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭treenytru

black bean peanut butter stew + green beans

IMG_20180201_181907841.jpg

• Advertisement

Chicken thighs in an indian yoghurt laminate charred in the griddle, oven roasted greens, rice and naan.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

IMG_3199.jpg

Shakshuka with butterbeans and flatbread.

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

How do you do your eggs? I can never seem to get the whites set before the yolk overcooks.. not that my girlfriend complains, she likes the yellow set /heathen

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

cefh17 wrote: »
    How do you do your eggs? I can never seem to get the whites set before the yolk overcooks.. not that my girlfriend complains, she likes the yellow set /heathen

Put a lid on it. Two of the eggs were more set than the others because of position in the pan, but I find that if you put a lid on (I do the same when I fry eggs) means the heat is kept in and cooks the top of the egg without needing to turn it.

Thanks to Boodlesdoodles we had healthy Southern Fried Chicken, Sweet Potato Fries, Corn on the Cob, KFC-style gravy and because they were left over from the chicken thighs, some cheeky Crispy Chicken Skins.

776_A75_C8-6_FC2-498_E-8_F27-_D40_C354_E86_CF.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Sushi tonight!

FG6Ja2zl.jpg
    Uramaki
    Spicy barbecue King Oyster mushroom, oyster mushroom & spinach.
    Roasted sweet potato, fine beans, roasted peppers & smoked albergines.
    Braised fennel, sumac quinoa, wrapped on rice papper & mix leaves.
    Nigiri
    Sundried tomato, basil , hummus & pickled onions
    Joe
    Raw courgette, hummus and roasted cauliflower
    Sunomono
    Pickled carrot, cucumber, mango, red cabbage with toasted seeds

A cauldron adzuki bean melt. Honestly if you haven't had these you should try them. I wouldn't be a fan of frozen veggie burgers or the likes so I was a bit dubious about these but I got them on special offer in Tesco. Legitimately one of the tastiest things I've eaten and I stick up now when I see them.

I usually have mine as a main with a chilli and tomato salad and some basmati rice. My husband has his as a side to chicken madras. Both big fans.

Gioomtastic that looks amazing!! Good idea with the skin :-)

Round at friends for dinner. Main course is cassoulet with added confit duck. Not sure of the etiquette about taking photos of other people’s dinners but feck it! ;)

EFE3_A0_FC-_D044-4630-_A4_DA-_CAD9_BA05_DD7_C.jpg

I said I’d make baguettes but bought a 2kilo sour dough loaf from The Fresh Market instead......

image.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

I said I’d make baguettes but bought a 2kilo sour dough loaf from The Fresh Market instead......

Speaking of sourdoughs, I have a sourdough starter here beside me slowly bubbling away. Started it on the 31st, with half wholewheat flour and half pineapple juice by weight. Then 70g white flour/70g bottled water once a day since. Going to give it until next Friday to try it out when hopefully it'll be ready

I named him 'Colin' after the most sour person I know :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

My sister's creation, not mine. But she put on a bit of a spread.....

Fish cakes. Chicken fried rice with curry sauce, Spanish meatballs and boiled baby spuds.

It was excellent:)

The pasta making experiment continues in this house. Today it was fettuccine.
    I messed up and it stuck together a bit when it was cooking. The water was definitely boiling enough so I'd say I just need to be more careful to separate it before putting it into the pot? It did still taste great.
    It is MUCH more filling than dry pasta.

Husband and toddler had theirs with beef bolognese I did in the slow cooker. Apparently it was excellent and 20mins on the hob will no longer be acceptable when it comes to bolognese.

I had mine with extra virgin olive oil, chopped tomato, crushed garlic and some fresh basil. Very simple, fresh and tasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

First time I have posted here in a good while!

Pork Satay stir fry:

440705.jpg

From the current Easy Food magazine. I pick this magazine up most months and it can be hit and miss. The current edition though is full of lovely looking stuff!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Roasted pork shoulder, roasties, veg, stuffing and apple sauce.

IMG_3710.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,711 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Oh my fcuking GOD that looks amazing.

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Oh my fcuking GOD that looks amazing.

It looks even more impressive unsliced but that was how it came. You have to pre order it - only €6.50!

Haven't posted in here in an age because I got very lazy about uploading pics I could share.

Anyway, last night and the night before was Mexican-ish Sweet Potato & Pulled Chicken Bake.

27540699_10157044373892678_8293538600235073519_n.jpg?oh=9d8891c3cd5ea6b5541b4cc3e42f63dc&oe=5ADEAEB6

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Whispered wrote: »
    The pasta making experiment continues in this house. Today it was fettuccine.
    I messed up and it stuck together a bit when it was cooking. The water was definitely boiling enough so I'd say I just need to be more careful to separate it before putting it into the pot?

That's annoying :/ try adding some oil to the water.

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    That's annoying :/ try adding some oil to the water.

Salt is better. Oil doesn't really do anything to stop pasta sticking.

• Advertisement

Cook them in the biggest pot you have with lots of water, I mean it. Also stir them 2 or 3 times, especially shortly before they're done.

Oil in the water will sit on top and once you drain it it'll put a film around the pasta, so it won't absorb the sauce well.

Advertisement