Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Here's What I Had For Dinner - Part III - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Fancied some fried stuff tonight so I made cod goujons and sweetcorn fritters. Really nice.....and filling.

441383.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Last night I slow roasted a piece of belly pork for 3+ hours, with a coating of fennel, cumin, salt and a little sugar. Served with crispy leek strings and roasted potato cubes.

Tonight was easier - Dunnes Stores Simply Better Njuda & Burrata Mezzelune pasta with brown butter & sage.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,947 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Made hairy bikers meatballs and pstatas bravas after watching it the other
    night

Was yum

w85i6q.jpg

Was a Jamie Oliver recipe: Jalfrezi striploin steak, goats cheese salad, naan bread and a jalfrezi sauce. Really good and simple, will be doing this again.

20180211_185729_800x600.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Geez guys, you is class!
    I live on such humble food.

Got some pease pudding on the simmer now.
    Such is the life of a peasant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,473 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Greek Chicken Pasta

D0_E6_F2_A8-652_D-44_EF-8828-5_C1_EBEA26_C3_D.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Made my second sausage and bean chilli from the slow cooker thread.

Changed the ingredients slightly from fajita mix to chilli mix, made it with 2 x packs of Aldis specially selected stout and leek sausages.

I think this will be a staple dish in our house now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Pan fried chicken breasts, just with salt and pepper and lentil stew I still had in the freezer. The kid emptied the plate, praise all entities.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Garlic noodles with a couple of soft boiled eggs.

• Advertisement

LirW wrote: »
    Pan fried chicken breasts, just with salt and pepper and lentil stew I still had in the freezer. The kid emptied the plate, praise all entities.

Kudos to parents who give their kids lentils!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Kudos to parents who give their kids lentils!

He's the pickiest eater but loves them for some reason. It's a super simple recipe with just a bit of panchetta in it and he goes crazy for it :rolleyes:
    But he also eats a ton of olives, I think the kid is broken.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

Since it was pancake Tuesday, I made pancakes stuffed with creamy mushrooms, covered in cheese and baked.

XXy3MQq.jpg

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Greek Chicken Pasta

I need to make this today. What's the sauce you used? Can make out everything else.

beertons wrote: »
    I need to make this today. What's the sauce you used? Can make out everything else.

http://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/recipes/a51944/greek-chicken-pasta-recipe/

The recipe says half and half but I just used milk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

My first attempt at beef cheek. So damn good. It will be entering our regular rotation. Slow-cooked it in the oven then reduced down the cooking liquid in a saucepan. The carrots retained a bit of crunch too which was great. Stovetop-stewed carrots get a bit too mushy for my liking. Look at how beautiful the meat is in the bottom panel. Hubs will be having beef cheek leftovers in work for the next few days. Who’s a lucky boy? :)

D177232_D-0379-4873-8_B3_D-3_BD665_A79_D3_C.jpg

Romantic meal for two at home?

Has to be Gambas in Garlic and Chilli Butter with Samphire. Tried making French Bagettes again but messed up the ingredients so it turned into a French Loaf......

F9_EBB9_FF-_DABF-4_CCA-_BF5_C-0_C1788_E637_F4.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

Love the polka dot oil cloth!

_Dara_ wrote: »
    Love the polka dot oil cloth!

‘‘Tis getting very faded at this stage but still haven’t got round to measuring it for a replacement. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

A solitary Scotch Egg. Yum yum.

441772.jpeg

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Safe to say mine looked nothing like that or yours. Tasted a bit funky, but was eaten anyway. I did the veg separately, roasted onions, mushrooms and peppers. I wouldn't be into cucumber, zucini or aubergines. Or whatever mad veg mentioned in that list.

Stir fried jumbo prawns with broccoli peppers and onions and noodles with honey, ginger and chilli and soy sauce.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭autumnbelle

Stir fried jumbo prawns with broccoli peppers and onions and noodles with honey, ginger and chilli and soy sauce.

Where do you buy the jumbo prawns?

Where do you buy the jumbo prawns?

Aldi. They're frozen (raw) in a fairly.decent sized pack for €3.

I usually get 2 x dishes from the one pack e.g., I used half the pack on that stir fry, the other half pack will do me.in a curry (there's about 18/20 prawns in a pack)

1 pack would feed 2 , but I'm the only prawn eater in our house.

Just be careful not.to overcook them. Add them in at the end, or elsw cook them first and remove and add them in again at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭QueenMTBee

cefh17 wrote: »
    Completely forgot about this!
    3834e79b4bb1953dfe0337aec4e83714.jpg

Can I ask how long you baked it for? Was everything thrown in raw or did you par-boil the potatoes first? And did you crack the eggs onto it a few minutes from the end? Sorry for all the questions!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭autumnbelle

Aldi. They're frozen (raw) in a fairly.decent sized pack for €3.

I usually get 2 x dishes from the one pack e.g., I used half the pack on that stir fry, the other half pack will do me.in a curry (there's about 18/20 prawns in a pack)

1 pack would feed 2 , but I'm the only prawn eater in our house.

Just be careful not.to overcook them. Add them in at the end, or elsw cook them first and remove and add them in again at the end.

Thanks! are they the frozen bag? do you defrost them first

Thanks! are they the frozen bag? do you defrost them first

Yes, specially selected ones.

I'll take a photo when I get home, I cook from frozen, prawns cook in no time at all so as said earlier be very careful not to overcook them. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

QueenMTBee wrote: »
    Can I ask how long you baked it for? Was everything thrown in raw or did you par-boil the potatoes first? And did you crack the eggs onto it a few minutes from the end? Sorry for all the questions!!!

It's a small bit different from the original Ramsay recipe, but I wilt the spinach in a small bit of water, drain, and add to the coley that's slowly poaching in milk. Mix dill with a small bit of lemon juice, dill, s+P, creme fraiche and some of the poaching liquid. Add back to the drained fish/spinach. On the side I sliced potatoes super thin and shallow fried until cooked through and slightly caramelized. Mix them in, make wells and cook on 170 until the eggs are set to how you like them.. but cover them so the yolks don't go dry and overcooked, like a kind poster recommended on here :)

Vindaloo Jumbo Prawns and pilau rice. (Homemade)

Ignore the chips.... one of the kids insisted I tried them...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Tagliatelle with beef & pork meatballs in tomato sauce :)

Advertisement