Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Here's What I Had For Dinner - Part III - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

I had the oversized Fusilli pasta from Aldi, threw that in a pot with seared chicken breast pieces, pesto and tomato. So easy and delicious. For myself I also put a few button mushrooms ins with crunchy garlic.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Tagliatelle with beef & pork meatballs in tomato sauce :)

I'm eyeing up the lovely looking meatballs in my local butchers everyday I go in. While me and Mrs G. would enjoy, I'll have to organize something else for little G. Gonna do it this week for sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,473 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Orange and Lemon Chicken Stir-fry with Oriental Veg and Noodles. I recommend the marinade, chicken was melt in the mouth.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/quick_orange_and_lemon_60372

C08_C360_C-_DCA5-4_E74-_BAA3-_CF24_D6_B29_A6_A.jpg

Did a tapas cooking course in Cooks Academy last night, so dinner was the following:

IMG_20180220_WA0014_600x1067.jpg

20180220_203647_600x800.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Pork jalfrezi

IMAG0131_1.jpg

I cheated and picked up a jarred sauce from Lidl.
    (I won't be winning points for presentation either)

• Advertisement

Cauliflower Baked Ziti with added pasta.

F94_C0_B9_F-3492-4350-_BB1_C-2170_C7_C82_DCB.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 18,336 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

a work in progress , cauliflower layered with asparagus then topped like a german pizza, sour cream, pancetta and diced onion baked in the oven. will need to add a heap of shredded cheese next time so it sticks together better

442417.jpg

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Chicken fillets topped with cheddar, cherry tomatoes and chorizo then baked in the oven.

Served with baked spud and sweetcorn.

Chicken fillets topped with cheddar, cherry tomatoes and chorizo then baked in the oven.

Served with baked spud and sweetcorn.

A lovely dish and best served with a baked spud. I do my fillets with green pesto, sliced tomato and mozzarella on top. Try some pesto next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Took a packet of porcini & mushroom pasta from Aldi, then added crispy fried sage & brown butter. Simple.

Previous night was a half side of salmon, pan roasted with skin on, served with some baby potatoes & sautéed kale

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

I did a spatchcock chicken yesterday. Recipe is the one from Basics with Babish, I did the dry brine (not for 24 hours though) and ribbed it under the skin with the herb butter mix and a bit of goose fat. Left it in the oven for 45 minutes and while it was good to go, an additional few minutes would have crisped up the skin even more.
    But let me tell you, that chicken is something else, I've never had such a nice and juicy, tender chicken! It was a highlight!
    With it there was rice and rustic baguette and I did the sauce in his recipe too.

I was remembering back to a time and place this morning and I got an urge for this meal. Southern fried chicken, mash, corn on the cob and a rich chicken gravy. So I went for it. Delish! I don't take photos often and this isn't the best, but it went down a bloody treat.

Southern Comfort Food.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

I had a smorgasboard of cheese and herb pastries, roast potato and onion fritatta, falafel, quinoa salad (quinoa, tomato, avocado, red onion, feta, pomegranate, oregano, lemon juice) and houmous. Stuffed!

Love the sheer versatility of having pork loins in the fridge ready to go.

From slow cooking them, to roasting them, even thinly slicing them and frying for Currys, enchilada or fajita or even just sandwiches, they really are a great piece of.meat and really good value.

Today I cut mine in half and thinly sliced it Into strips, stir fried with mixed veg - egg noodles and a honey/soy sauce with a good pinch of Thai 7 spice.

Always goes down a treat.

Edit..... I see the steam from the dish got the better of my camera..... oops.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,005 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Edit..... I see the steam from the dish got the better of my camera..... oops.

From directly above is rarely the best angle to photograph a dish from. Pull back and down a bit and you won't have the steam problem.

That's not to say that you can never get a nice shot from directly above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,005 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Melendez wrote: »
    "shot" with a typo?

Woops!
    *quick edit*

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Sweet and sour ‘chicken’ with wedges. My belly is still happy with it.

Dinner tonight was a bit of an uphill battle but thanks to the support and encouragement from my family, one I overcame.

Decided to head out this evening on a bit of a whim to a place I hadn't been to in years. Anyway after trawling through the menu, I decided upon the "Killer Kombo" which had wings /chilli/ burger and nachos (pretty much all my favourites on one plate)

So, I asked the waitress to fetch me this dish, as it really appealed to me.

I had visions of a couple of wings, a taster of chilli and a few nachos nestled beside a burger on a plate.

Imagine my surprise when this arrived out....

Busted sofa. But dam it was good

Dinner tonight was a bit of an uphill battle but thanks to the support and encouragement from my family, one I overcame.

Decided to head out this evening on a bit of a whim to a place I hadn't been to in years. Anyway after trawling through the menu, I decided upon the "Killer Kombo" which had wings /chilli/ burger and nachos (pretty much all my favourites on one plate)

So, I asked the waitress to fetch me this dish, as it really appealed to me.

I had visions of a couple of wings, a taster of chilli and a few nachos nestled beside a burger on a plate.

Imagine my surprise when this arrived out....

Busted sofa. But dam it was good

That reminds me of a place I used to go to many moons ago in Parnell street - circa 1999! It was an Aussie joint and still is, but called the Woolshed. Before that it was called something else and they did a combo meal that was similar to that. Feckin great stuff!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Stargazer7

No photos but ended up making lemon spicy chicken stir fry with udon noodles, with the help of the yummy korean hot sauce that aldi have in stock at the moment....must look at the ingredients because it is somewhat crack-like.

Stargazer7 wrote: »
    No photos but ended up making lemon spicy chicken stir fry with udon noodles, with the help of the yummy korean hot sauce that aldi have in stock at the moment....must look at the ingredients because it is somewhat crack-like.

But was it really hot?

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Stargazer7

Grandeeod wrote: »
    But was it really hot?

Not really :/ It has a blend of sesame oil, soy and mix of spices with a tomatoey base....few chilli flakes would wake it right up ;)

Stargazer7 wrote: »
    Not really :/ It has a blend of sesame oil, soy and mix of spices with a tomatoey base....few chilli flakes would wake it right up ;)

Or my fave....Chili Oil!

Grandeeod wrote: »
    That reminds me of a place I used to go to many moons ago in Parnell street - circa 1999! It was an Aussie joint and still is, but called the Woolshed. Before that it was called something else and they did a combo meal that was similar to that. Feckin great stuff!

Yeah it was pretty dam good. One of those joints that had everything on the menu from rubs to currys. With a brilliant vegetarian menu also. The wife opted for falafel burger - she said it was awesome.

The uploaded pic doesn't do it justice (I'm not sure why, but image shack seems to downscalemy photos)

This attached pic should have much more clarity to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭ellejay

Meatballs from the 2010 cooking club, recipe courtesy of Malari

First time making them, delicious!Meatballs.JPG

Rugby done! Now I need soakage before the Mayo V Dublin game. I had my WackoTaco special. Taco mince over spicy wedges, topped off with Taco sauce and Mozzarella cheese.

WackoTaco.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Simple chilli chicken https://tasty.co/recipe/simple-chilli-chicken
    We left the ridiculous amount of salt out because of the soy sauce, and despite looking so messy it was really nice.

IMG_3807.jpg

Cooking Club’s Chicken Biryani, Mushroom Bhaji, Baked Onion Bhaji, Sag Curry and Riata with Naans and Poppadoms.

9_CED1851-2329-4_CDB-_AE76-3_B3_E69_B67_B99.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

I had a burger for dinner, topped with fried banana, peanut butter, lettuce, and melted cheese. It was fabulous.

Also, I watched half pint eat his first ever pack of chickatees, with a coke to wash it down. The contorting facial expressions were awesome.

Advertisement