Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Here's What I Had For Dinner - Part III - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

After a busy and crappy day, it was warm pittas filled with rocket and king prawns in a quickly whipped up spicy cocktail sauce.

Quick, easy and oh so delicious!

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

Chicken fajjitas with wholemeal wraps and potatoe wedges. Lashings of cheese, salsa and creme fraiche on top!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,789 ✭✭✭Alf Stewart.

Spaghetti and meatballs.

Was good stuff.

Stir fried noodles with turkey tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Last night was a chicken satay, rice and some excellent naan bread from M&S.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Aldi spatchcocked chicken with mash, peas and gravy.

• Advertisement

Spaghetti and meatballs.

Was good stuff.

Stir fried noodles with turkey tonight.

Here.

PGtXbO.jpg

And tofu stir fry with noodles for veggie Mrs Stewart

xLnHc2.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

Mams stew.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,165 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

And with some bainne too! Looks just like my stew. Can't beat it!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Lads I'm in China. The food is pretty amazing. Some of it - scary! I'm giving everything a try. :)

I can't attach photos but I'll do a bumper post when I get home!

Lads I'm in China. The food is pretty amazing. Some of it - scary! I'm giving everything a try. :)

I can't attach photos but I'll do a bumper post when I get home!

I am headed over in Jan for five days for a trade show, we will be staying in Shenzen/HK.

I have been in Hong Kong a few times, but usually on my way to Oz, I've only been to Beijing before, which (apparently) is fairly westernized with regards its cuisine, so am looking very forward to the culinary delights that awaits me in Shenzhen.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,471 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

^ Planning slow-cooker belly pork with fried rice for dinner tonight so I'm with you in spirit. ;)

It's been marinating since this time yesterday and I'm drooling already with the thought of it! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

Dinner of champions. Nachos and cider :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Cottage pie with broccoli and cauliflower here tonight.

Cheesey baked Enchiladas with chicken, onion, peppers, jalapenos, pinto and kidney beans, served with some refried beans on the side (I won't even say what my wife said they looked like. :D)

g7KeUh.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

You know how they say you are what you eat? I am become smash burger..

E4yMnPA.jpg

(Hope it's not a massive pic, posting from mobile..)

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

Today's was a roast chicken with the lot, first time making Yorkshire puddings (wanted to try the kmix I got in the sales :o ) and they were lovely. Nicest dinner in a while!

Ja6Fzqm.jpg

Pre-Christmas freezer clear yesterday resulted in some diced lamb. That went into a lamb stew, which was delicious when eaten today.

And there's enough left for tomorrow's lunch. I'm not unhappy about that fact :P

BuffyBot wrote: »
    Pre-Christmas freezer clear yesterday resulted in some diced lamb. That went into a lamb stew, which was delicious when eaten today.

And there's enough left for tomorrow's lunch. I'm not unhappy about that fact :P

Cannot beat a pre Christmas freezer clear out. Always offers up a few gems.:D

This will do me and my other carnivores for the next few days.

yEh2HH.jpg

It's obviously a favourite of the kids.....

They asked for it!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Had a nice beef stew last night that I made in the slow cooker - just getting to grips with that, my first real effort with it. It was delicious and there was enough left over for today too - yum!

Dessert was baked pear halves with honey, nuts, cinnamon served with natural greek yogurt and a blob of cream cos there was bit left over from the mince pies and Irish coffees the previous day :pac:

• Advertisement

Turkey Korma
    Cauliflower Tikka Masala
    Onion Bhajis
    Cucumber and mint rahita
    Onion salad
    Rice/Naans/Poppadoms

40B355C3-C650-4C88-B782-37772BF22DF6_zpsyhc0lu4k.jpg

I want pics of empty plates Gloomtastic! Lovely spread with no MEAT!

Grandeeod wrote: »

Sorry, that's just confused me. Need more information.....

I'd just settle for a plate or two!

I'd gladly pay for that!

^ Ok, still don't understand, it must be the copious amounts of alcohol! ðŸ™႒

Anyway, tomorrow is Bacon and Cabbage night, or as the modern Irish do it ...... ham and broccoli .........

^ Ok, still don't understand, it must be the copious amounts of alcohol! ðŸ™႒

Anyway, tomorrow is Bacon and Cabbage night, or as the modern Irish do it ...... ham and broccoli .........

I think that missed the word "Turkey".

Sorry, that's just confused me. Need more information.....

Try this.

"A lovely spread with no meat. I want pics of empty plates".

Seriously though, it looked fabulous.

Try this.

"A lovely spread with no meat. I want pics of empty plates".

Seriously though, it looked fabulous.

We had a veggie round for dinner but there was a turkey korma for us carnivores.

Roast chicken, stuffing, veg, mash, roasties and gravy here tonight. No photos because we had company.

• Advertisement

Bruschetta to use up some tomato pesto, cherry tomatoes and and very ripe goat cheese.

Blended the pesto with extra garlic, topped some sliced baguette slices with it, the chopped tomatoes and cheese. Baked bits of pure yum.

Advertisement