Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Here's What I Had For Dinner - Part III - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Some nice steak, a handful of oven chips and a huge portion of salad with yoghurt dressing.

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

Leftover butter chicken curry and rice, it's always nicer the next day!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

Chicken breast, cabbage, broccoli, carrots, cauliflower, gravy, roast spuds, mash.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

Had to be quick, so it was just a broccoli and mushroom pasta bake.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Alan2016

A dive in the red sea

Italian Sausage cooked in Red Wine , and seasoned with thyme, rosemary, olive oil and sea salt.

Delicious

• Advertisement

Baked mushroom filled with curried lentils and cottage cheese, cumin and turmeric potatoes, rice and a tomato-cream spicy sauce. Fresh chapatis on the side as well.

hsPKBCT.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Early dinner here as am kind of on nights just now... Breaded chicken steak with simple jacket boiled roosters and carrots and Sweetheart cabbage, and gravy

Maybe a caramel creme later..

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Makood

Doing some work on the house this week so an excellent beef stew by the crazy Ukrainian was very welcome at the end of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

A potato and onion crustless quiche (baked omelette if you prefer) with a salad of quinoa, beetroot, lettuce, tomato, carrot, chickpea, oregano and lemon juice.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Veggie fried rice.

• Advertisement

I made the spicy peanut noodles from Half baked harvest (guys, get that book it's phenomenal!) with Halloumi. You'll never get takeaway again.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Cottage pie here tonight.

IMG_3925.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,589 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Birdseye bun burgers and Tesco finest oven chips. The burgers brought me right back to my childhood! Jazzed up slightly with pickles, lettuce, onion, mustard, ketchup and mayo on sesame buns.

Some Haribo goldbears for dessert.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,473 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

We have a small army sleeping over tonight so a tonne of chicken wings was ordered - BBQ and Franks sauces. Some chips came as well.

57_AB3_F10-_EAB4-4_F76-_BF02-_B866_DFB7_E392.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Was very busy during the week with work, but I had some good dinners.

Early in the week, I marinated pork belly strips in a mix of chili bean paste, xiaoxing wine, soy sauce, honey and satay. Then I roasted them in the oven until cooked and sticky. Fabulous chopped on top of a salad.

Another night, I browned some butter with chili and sage, then tossed some pasta in it. Simple yet so good.

Other nights, I pan-fried duck breasts from cold, finished them in an oven and had them sliced on top of a good green salad.

I didn't get round to taking any pictures, but Friday night I tried a mushroom and seitan baked brown rice dish - think if it as a baked risotto, maybe, but less creamy and more fluffy. Tasted amazing, and because of the brown rice had good texture. I've gone off classic risottos a bit, I find them a bit mushy these days, so this one's a good alternative.

Last night I made pizzas with mushrooms, onions, olives, peppers, sweetcorn and a good handful of jalapenos. Together with a bit of chili mixed in the tomato sauce base, they were just the ticket to go with a lovely pint of Smithwicks Red Ale (was on offer in Lidl).

A nice veggie tikka masala

Baked ham with an apple and honey glaze, roast baby potatoes, gravy and carrots and broccoli.

With lemon cake and tea for dessert while watching Celebrity GBBO. :)

Tomato-y, mushroom-y oven baked risotto. Mmmmm

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Pork steak with veg and mash.

IMG_3936.jpg

• Advertisement

On Tuesday I made a Chicken Satay stir fry, it was the bomb.
    Yesterday it was Broccoli Cauliflower Mac&Cheese.
    Today since I'm at home alone with the kids and sick, brown dinner it is.

Beef mince tacos. Spicy minced beef, fresh tomato salsa, shredded lettuce, sour cream, grated cheese, scallions and jalapenos on warm soft tortillas. Tea and lemon cake for after.

Had a hankering for ramen so wound up making that, with mushrooms and the most delicious broth.

kylith wrote: »
    Had a hankering for ramen so wound up making that, with mushrooms and the most delicious broth.

Would love a really simple recipe for this if you have one.

Whispered wrote: »
    Would love a really simple recipe for this if you have one.

700ml stock
    3tbps soy sauce
    1tbsp mirin
    Half tsp 5 spice
    1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
    Large pinch sugar
    3 cloves garlic
    1 thumb ginger, finely chopped

Combine in saucepan, boil, simmer 5 mins. I also put in quartered mushrooms

Meanwhile boil noodles and eggs. Put noodles and spinach in bowl, put halved eggs on top, pour broth over, top with scallions. Eat.

It’s great because I generally have all that stuff in the press, and any veg you fancy can be boiled with the broth. I suppose I should have strained it, but then you’d miss out the little fiery pops of ginger that are so good.

That sounds great. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,473 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Fish Pie (with my little attempt to sell it to the kids) :)

6_DE2089_A-4408-4_C59-_A0_AD-_AE598239257_F.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

I found a great little mix in the supermarket yesterday.

spice bag mix.jpg

Did a beat the takeaway meal. Salt and Chili Chicken with chips. A spice bag on a plate so to speak. :D

It can be done a healthier and not so healthy way as it works really well with oven cooked goujons and chips. I used popcorn chicken. Lashings of fresh peppers, onion and chilli too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

What supermarket is that from? I always make my own spice bags.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,947 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Grandeeod wrote: »
    I found a great little mix in the supermarket yesterday.

spice bag mix.jpg

Did a beat the takeaway meal. Salt and Chili Chicken with chips. A spice bag on a plate so to speak. :D

It can be done a healthier and not so healthy way as it works really well with oven cooked goujons and chips. I used popcorn chicken. Lashings of fresh peppers, onion and chilli too.

What was that one like?

The spice of life tub is great for this, much nicer than the Chen Chen one.

There’s loads of portions in it too.

Cook up a few Rosie and Jim chicken gougons (southern fried)and slice them in! With the other bits.

Then the curry Sauce or gravy for chips by mayflower on the side,

You’ve got me hungry now but I’m supposed to be in a diet!

Advertisement