Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Here's What I Had For Dinner - Part III - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

anewme wrote: »
    Homemade doner courtesy of Padraig Mor s recipe. Oven chips with spice bag seasoning. Pink gin and Prosecco cocktails.

Where did you get the Doner recipe from? It looks delicious!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,947 ✭✭✭✭anewme

TheTorment wrote: »
    Where did you get the Doner recipe from? It looks delicious!

From this thread. I used Lebanese wraps instead of pittas.

It is absolutely gorgeous.

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057395904

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭georgina toadbum

That recipe is a firm favourite in my household as well. You've inspired me to make it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

The Worcestershire sauce in Tesco is vegan.

this tesco own brand one isn't, it's the only tesco one showing online, maybe there was another

https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=297372202

as per usual you would have to check every single time you go in.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Staying in Tracey's in Ennis for 2 nights. Burger with bacon and cheese, or onions and an egg. I went for the bacon. No messing, the burger was an inch thick. Same mince in the lasagna too. Or from the same cow? Beautiful. No pic, as I was a glutton.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

beertons wrote: »
    Staying in Tracey's in Ennis for 2 nights. Burger with bacon and cheese, or onions and an egg. I went for the bacon. No messing, the burger was an inch thick. Same mince in the lasagna too. Or from the same cow? Beautiful. No pic, as I was a glutton.

All of their hotels are fab on the food front!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,411 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Had some homemade potato wedges with my dinner... So tasty and so easy to make.

Chop baby potatoes in half/wedge shapes.
    Put in saucepan, add boiling water and simmer for 10 minutes.
    Drain water and allow the potatoes to dry for a few minutes.
    Choose an oil (eg. olive oil or coconut oil) and some spices/herbs (salt, pepper, paprika, chilli powder, garlic powder etc.), and mix with potatoes.
    Put potatoes on a baking tray and cook for about 20-25 minutes in 200°C fan oven.

Delicious.
    Add some Frank's Red Hot Sauce when eating for some extra flavour :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Had a makey-up as you go bean salad to go with a Yotam Ottolenghi recipe for Sweet Potato cakes. Absolutely delicious. The sauce with the potato cakes was lovely too.

447266.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Shakashuka with flatbreads

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Cork Boy

I just discovered ravioli molds are a thing. Sausage and ricotta raviolis

nkbMfPz.jpg

• Advertisement

Used up the rest of the bean salad by having it on tortillas with pulled beef brisket. Soooo nice

447339.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,473 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Used up the rest of the bean salad by having it on tortillas with pulled beef brisket. Soooo nice

447339.jpeg

Did you watch Masterchef tonight? ;)

Did you watch Masterchef tonight? ;)

No. Why?

No. Why?

One of the contestants dishes looked exactly like yours!

No. Why?

They obviously won so. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Cooked some gnocchi tonight and mixed with sautéed tenderstem broccoli & blue cheese

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

Miserable weather, and I was feeling in need of comfort last night, so I made bread dumplings, green beans in sauce and some veggie burgers. It really ticked all the boxes for a German far from home.

EmSCXvc.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

Those green beans in sauce look delish, was it from a recipe or from heart? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

cefh17 wrote: »
    Those green beans in sauce look delish, was it from a recipe or from heart? :)

'Twas, as taught to me by my grandmother :)
    But its' really not very difficult, really it's just a bechamel sauce, thinned a bit with the cooking water from the beans and seasoned with a stock cube. The only vital thing that's kind of hard to come by here is dried summer savoury, I've never seen that on sale here, nor actually even growing wild, come to think of it.

I had two dumplings left over, and have just cut them up and fried them with onions and green peppers, and some eggs scrambles into the lot, for lunch. "Peasant's feast" this is called in Germany :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Wonton soup and some very meh fried noodles from the Chinese because Someone forgot too cook dinner until it was already too late.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

M&S breaded lemon sole with mash and peas. I'm trying to like fish and hope to reach a point when I won't have to have it breaded or battered :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,589 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Fish and chips from the chipper here at the end of a very long day.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

M&S breaded lemon sole with mash and peas. I'm trying to like fish and hope to reach a point when I won't have to have it breaded or battered :rolleyes:

Decent sauces can really make fish that isn't coated taste fantastic. My daughter graduated from fish fingers stripped of the coating to cod fillet with a bread sauce. For some reason she doesn't like a coating over meat or fish. She wont touch a chicken maryland, goujon, yet loves chicken.
    Fish and chips from the chipper here at the end of a very long day.

You are just enabling Dizzy.:D

On a bit of a cooking buzz at the moment since I started a new. So far I’m not doing as many hours so I’ve more time to do what I love doing. So hopefully it’ll continue.

Made a lovely Jamie Oliver recipe from his 5 ingredients book. Chickpea Chard Pork. Unbelievable flavours from the small amount of ingredients involved.

447525.jpeg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

On a bit of a cooking buzz at the moment since I started a new. So far I’m not doing as many hours so I’ve more time to do what I love doing. So hopefully it’ll continue.

Made a lovely Jamie Oliver recipe from his 5 ingredients book. Chickpea Chard Pork. Unbelievable flavours from the small amount of ingredients to involved.

That looks amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

I think the 5 ingredients book is pretty amazing, I made several recipes and they all were pretty nice.

Anyway, we had Bibimbap with Quinoa instead of rice.

LirW wrote: »
    I think the 5 ingredients book is pretty amazing, I made several recipes and they all were pretty nice.

I think it’s a great book to reference when trying to using up leftover ingredients, which I always seem to have.

I made roasted pork belly tonight and I had it with another recipe from the book, Cajun roasted sweet potatoes with roasted garlic and yoghurt sauce. Only had to buy the sweet potatoes as I had all the other ingredients.

I’m trying my best to use all the food that I buy and to not throw out stuff, which I hate doing. I find that the book really helps.

I heard somewhere, the mighty Jamie is bringing out a 3 ingredients book next. Not sure whether it’s true or not. He is the King of flavour though, regardless of how many ingredients!

• Advertisement

I heard somewhere, the mighty Jamie is bringing out a 3 ingredients book next. Not sure whether it’s true or not. He is the King of flavour though, regardless of how many ingredients!

He did a skit on April Fools Day about releasing a 1 ingredient cook book. :)

Advertisement