Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Here's What I Had For Dinner - Part III - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

A beetroot,kale & quinoa burger with some chips :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

I made turkey and ham pies from the last of my turkey and ham at Christmas and froze some, so had one this evening with a baked spud as I was dining alone tonight and just wanted something I could bung in the oven.

Took this pic before I absolutely lashed the chef brown sauce over the whole lot, it was dam tasty :D

5FYNXc.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

You can't beat Chef brown sauce.

We had chicken curry tonight, made by Mr Dizzy.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,589 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

We had striploins, with onions, mushrooms, broccoli and cheesy sweet potato mash.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,473 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

The vegan sister was staying tonight so we had Linguine with Avocado, Tomatoes and Lime. Forgot to take a photo but it was lovely.

Recipe here....

https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/linguine-avocado-tomato-lime

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Tagliatelle with a sauce of baby plum tomatoes, lots of basil, and LOTS of garlic.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Chana Masala with Rice and Naans. Think I overdid the chilli as it was a bit on the hot side. The recipe did call for a lot more though.

447804.jpeg

First, and possibly last, time to make samosas - Chicken and Vegetable.

Very stressful trying to stuff, while retaining any sort of a triangular shape.

Served with a mango chutney yogurt, riata and kebab red sauce.

738_B070_B-2_BCC-498_D-_B0_D7-397018_A1527_D.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭pew

Gloomtastic, I use filo pastry for my samosas, they hold their shape together.

I made courgette noodles with turkey and green pesto

Chilli. Topped with chopped scallions, sweetcorn, cheese and sour cream. With nachos for scooping.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Chicken coconut curry with greens.

pew wrote: »
    Gloomtastic, I use filo pastry for my samosas, they hold their shape together.

They don't sell filo pastry in Aldi so it was puff or nothing!

Mrs G! said they weren't samosas, they were pies! :rolleyes:

Very meh mushroom omelette.

Followed with some lovely no knead bread with lashings of butter and raspberry jam.

kylith wrote: »
    no knead bread

That went straight into Google, thank you!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

That went straight into Google, thank you!!! :)

Me too. :)

https://www.nytimes.com/video/dining/1194817104184/no-knead-bread.html

I’m soooo trying this at the weekend

Soooo good. I mix the ingredients before going to work then bake when I get home. Bread is ready for the following day.

They don't sell filo pastry in Aldi so it was puff or nothing!

Mrs G! said they weren't samosas, they were pies! :rolleyes:

Tesco have them in the freezer, occasionally they have some in the fridge, look for the purple box. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Chilli. Topped with chopped scallions, sweetcorn, cheese and sour cream. With nachos for scooping.

Inspirational! I've never thought of adding scallions and sweetcorn, and the last couple of times I made chilli I found it boring and meh. I'll try this next time :)

Inspirational! I've never thought of adding scallions and sweetcorn, and the last couple of times I made chilli I found it boring and meh. I'll try this next time :)

I would have thrown on a few sliced cherry tomatoes if I'd had 'em too. I'd usually put jalapenos on as well, but I was a bit heavy handed with the chili and couldn't take more heat! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Turkey and veg satay with cauliflower rice

Chicken and veg with garlic honey sauce and boiled rice.

I had some treatment in hospital today, I'm on the couch like a miserable git, so the man cooked some delicious pasta with a mediterranean sauce with roasted chickpeas and lots of basil. Really tasty.
    I think he got it from the Halfbaked harvest cook book, which again I can highly recommend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

A great big dirty Supermacs at Junction 14. T'was delicious :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

A Chinese style dish tonight. Beef in black pepper. All made from scratch. My first time too. I tenderized the beef in the traditional Chinese way and it really makes a difference. It was melt in the mouth tasty.

beef in pepper.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,231 ✭✭✭jellybear

Grandeeod wrote: »
    A Chinese style dish tonight. Beef in black pepper. All made from scratch. My first time too. I tenderized the beef in the traditional Chinese way and it really makes a difference. It was melt in the mouth tasty.

beef in pepper.jpg

Looks amazing! Would you have a recipe at all?:)

jellybear wrote: »

I find the best chinese recipes you'll find from Ching He Huang, she has an incredible and authentic knowledge and I tried lots of her stuff, it's all really nice.
    I think she was one for that dish too. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

jellybear wrote: »

I used the recipe at the link below.

http://dumplingsisters.com/recipes/sizzlinghotplatesteak

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

Fish pie (prawn and salmon) poached in a milk, onion bay leaf sauce thickened with a roux, seasoned with lemon and parsley,, served with steamed carrot, brocolli, and cheesy mash! mmmm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,338 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

steak and avocado salad with a blue cheese dressing added after , i wasnt going for presentation here but had a hankering for this all day

IMG_20180413_181737210.jpg

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

Advertisement