Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Here's What I Had For Dinner - Part III - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Eggs and chips - food of the gods

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Did a deal with the youngest lad there this morning, he helped me in the yard = he could pick dinner for the evening.

At first I thought his choice sounded mad, but have to say everything complimented each other beautifully, I'd make it again in an instant.

He asked for hotdogs with baked spuds and sweetcorn.

This was mine, chilli Bratwurst (thank you for bringing them back Aldi) in a soft sub roll with Aldi hotdog pickle, and heinz ketchup.

Baked potato with butter and coleslaw (my added exta) with a spoonful of corn.

Heaven on a plate actually. :D

NwpT7c.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,589 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

We had roast lamb, roast potatoes, carrots and broccoli, with gravy.

I bought one of those vac packed boned and rolled legs of lamb from Tesco. You roast it in the bag, which I was skeptical about. And I was right to be! Although it was easy, and tender, it tasted boiled, as you'd expect. There was no browning effect and of course no seasoning - I normally like to add garlic and salt and pepper at least. I wouldn't go for it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

Had pork fillet with Ras Al hanout, and a roasted cauliflower couscous on the side with pine nuts. Or what was left of the pine nuts I was picking away at :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

I made pork chops with 5 spice that I roasted Jamie oliver style in the oven, homemade sweet potato fries, quinoa and some greens with garlic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Himself made sweet potato burgers with a side of cabbage. He needs to work on his timings cos the cabbage was stone cold, but the burgers were delish.

Quarter pounders with mayo, ketchup, lettuce, cheese, onion and gherkin, in a toasted brioche bun, with potato wedges. Easy and yum!

Teriyaki Salmon, asian greens and garlic-chili infused rice.

Didn't take a photo, and now regret it.

Prepared it last night, was in the slow cooker all day.

Pork loin chopped into bite size chunks, and 3 x bratwurst chilli type, that I had left over and needed to be used up also cut into chunks.

Browned both in the pan, then put in the slow cooker.

Sauteed one roughy chopped onion, and 2/3 minced garlic cloves and a chilli in the same pan then added them to the slow cooker.

Tipped in 1 x can of tomatoes, 1 x tin of black eyed beans, 1 x tin of sweetcorn 1 x cup of chicken stock.

Then stirred in 1 x tbsp of chilli powder. 1 x tsp of cayenne pepper, 1 x tsp of oregano, 1 tsp of smoked paprika, and a half teaspoon of salt and pepper each.

Lastly just quartered/halved a few rooster spuds and let them sit on top of the mixture

Cooked on low from 8am - 6pm and it was gorgeous.

Garlic noodles with fake chicken and sugar snaps. Mmmmm, garlicky.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

kylith wrote: »
    Garlic noodles with fake chicken and sugar snaps. Mmmmm, garlicky.

Recipe, please! :D

Shenshen wrote: »
    Recipe, please! :D

Fried the fake chicken, when that was getting brown I added the chopped sugarsnap peas and put the noodles on to boil at the same time. Cook 3 min and drained noodles. To the wok I added 3 tbsp oil (could use butter), 5 crushed cloves of garlic, fried for 1 minute, added 2 tbsp honey and 2 tbsp soy sauce. When that was well combined I tossed in the noodles.

Himself inhaled his bowl, then ate 25% of mine. It' would also be lovely with broccoli.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,338 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

my wife has been making kimchi, she normally eats it with rice , I pan fried some with cauliflower rice and added cooked chicken. very satisfying and sod all calories.

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

A great big dirty Supermacs at Junction 14. T'was delicious :D

The only times in my life I have ever eaten at Supermacs were all at Junction 14 :D

Tonight is buttermilk chicken tacos, modelled on the Wahaca dish. Hopefully with a few beers in the garden!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,473 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Faith wrote: »
    The only times in my life I have ever eaten at Supermacs were all at Junction 14.

Tonight is buttermilk chicken tacos, modelled on the Wahaca dish. Hopefully with a few beers in the garden!

That’s Friday’s dinner sorted, thanks! (Tacos not Supermacs!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

silverharp wrote: »
    my wife has been making kimchi, she normally eats it with rice , I pan fried some with cauliflower rice and added cooked chicken. very satisfying and sod all calories.

I really want kimchi now :(

Never had kimchi.

Very keen to try it.

Had the in laws round for dinner tonight.

Smoked salmon pate with crusty bread
    Fillet steak, mash, veg and mushroom sauce
    Strawberry trifle with Amaretto
    Mint chocolates and fresh coffee

Lots of wine for the non pregnant present (ie everyone but me). Lemon lime and mint soda for meself.

Lovely meal it was too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Had the in laws round for dinner tonight.

Smoked salmon pate with crusty bread
    Fillet steak, mash, veg and mushroom sauce
    Strawberry trifle with Amaretto
    Mint chocolates and fresh coffee

Lots of wine for the non pregnant present (ie everyone but me). Lemon lime and mint soda for meself.

Lovely meal it was too.

Sounds great M! I love to see these meals/alcohol midweek and off the usual routine. Best of luck with the pregnancy and really well done on putting that together.

Cheers Grandeeod!

• Advertisement

Veggie quiche with a dairy-free crust. Filled with asparagus, peas, Shredded cabbage, topped with cherry tomatoes

There's a beautiful lasagna in the oven, and a dinner guest who's an hour late! (Although he's not in the oven.) When he does get here, there will be garlic bread and an old fashioned salad to go with it, and leftover trifle for dessert. :)

Lemon garlic chicken with Orzo, I was amazed how good it was. really tasty one pan dish.

https://www.halfbakedharvest.com/one-skillet-lemon-butter-chicken-and-orzo/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,473 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Buttermilk Chicken Tacos with Onion and Radish Salsa

9_C0_AE092-6_F73-4_B0_F-_AEBC-_D697_D165_E585.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

First BBQ of the year about 3pm this afternoon. Burgers, sausages, prawns and numerous salads with Korona and toasted giant marshmallows!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Chicken drumsticks basted in a white Alabama bbq sauce. Baked in the oven, grilled and then barbecued because im terrified of ending up with a pixelated face like those poor people in the food safety ads :o

The white sauce was a really nice alternative to the classic bbq sauce, much more subtle in flavour but still has the vinegary tang.

Had them with steamed baby potatoes & Bbq’d veg skewers marinated in mix of olive oil, dried oregano, lemon juice and s&p.

Then it lashed rain and the bbq went away until next summer :p

https://imgur.com/3AYi5B9

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Mexican chicken done in the slow cooker. Stuck it on yesterday morning, and I still have enough left for tomorrow. It was lovely. Served on corn wraps with shredded lettuce and grated cheese. Mmmmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

Spinach and ricotta tortellini in a tomato sauce, made the pasta from scratch and it was surprisingly really easy to do. Just flour, egg and olive oil made into a dough & kneaded well, let to rest for 40 mins then roll out thin and use.

Made the filling by wilting some spinach, mixing it with some ricotta, lemon juice and seasoning. Turned out really yummy! Need some more dinner ideas that aren’t always meat.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭CastielJ

smashed potatoes and pork ribs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

beertons wrote: »
    Mexican chicken done in the slow cooker. Stuck it on yesterday morning, and I still have enough left for tomorrow. It was lovely. Served on corn wraps with shredded lettuce and grated cheese. Mmmmm.

Any recipe for this? I'd hate to miss out on a good slow cooker recipe :pac:

Advertisement