Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Here's What I Had For Dinner - Part III - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

Spinach and ricotta stuffed giant pasta shells baked in a garlicy pasata based sauce. Followed the recipe below. The first time making it a few weeks ago was a absolute disaster which resulted in the smoke alarm going off and a bucket of cold mop water destroying the place but this was all-round much more successful! Makes a great second day lunch too, reheats really well! :)

http://www.slimmingeats.com/blog/ricotta-and-spinach-stuffed-pasta-shells

I made this today. Thanks for the link, very tasty!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭Suckler

Does Anyone have a tried and trusted Pasta/Ravioli Dough recipe? I tried a few online I found but the ravioli dough was too delicate and the filling was coming through. Second time when I rolled it thicker it was too thick and 'bready'. Thanks.

IMG_20180507_WA0012_800x600.jpg

BBQd black Angus rib eye with leftover pesto pasta salad from yesterday. Some garlic and parsley butter was put on top of the steak while it was cooking.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Had some Asian Cashew Chicken with Basil, fresh Mango and Coconut rice.
    Very simple and big big flavours!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,589 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Spag bol in our house. And it really hit the spot!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Stir fry of veggies, fake chicken, and konnjak noodles in a lemon-coriander sauce.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Chicken & broccoli bake with mash - nice and comforting on this miserable evening.

IMG_4300.jpg

Roast chicken, glazed ham, mashed spuds, roasties, cauliflower, carrots, broccoli and gravy. Savage.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Breaded sole (Lidl) with vegetable and bean stew, couscous.

IMAG0020.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Common Food, despite eating out tonight.:D Those chips were all mine too!

20180510_172401.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Mr Crumble got a spice bag. I took a small bit off it. Was more of a salt bag to be honest.
    Top sommeliers would recommend that the classic spicebag be paired/matched with at least 10 pints of cider or lager, that might have been your problem.

One pot macaroni cheese. I’ve had a terrible cold recently so a bit of comfort food was needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,300 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Made amazing Mexican chilli bean soup earlier, topped off with guac, sour cream and cheese

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ArtyC

Had Mary berry sticky chicken and an obscene amount of potato salad !

My mother can really make potato salad !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭missyb01

Homemade chicken and broccoli bake with salad and homemade coleslaw

• Registered Users Posts: 11,947 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Roast spatchcock Chicken Tikka.

For dinner tonight and lunches during the week.

Just out of oven....smells amazing.

jslloh.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Made a tomato pasta sauce with whatever veg I had to use for the kids. And I can't believe it, they ate it all. Everything. The baby even licked the bowl empty.

The two of us then had a stir fry with pork mince, green veg, an obscene amount of chilis (hot!) and udon noodles.

Veg korma with flatbread

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

ArtyC wrote: »
    My mother can really make potato salad !!!

Sneak us the recipe ;)
    I love a good potato salad.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

We had home made pizzas. Jamie Oliver's dough and Thug Kitchen marinara sauce, the base pre-baked for 4 minutes then it's easy to slide onto the stone when the toppings are on. I've been making pizzas for over 20 years and this combination nails it, it's as close to restaurant pizza as I've ever had in a regular oven :)

• Advertisement

Friday night was IKEA meatballs with mash.

Last night was bratwursts, soft rolls, ketchup, mustard and fried onions, with a tangy salad including avocado and feta.

Tonight was steak, spuds, asparagus, baby corn and mushroom sauce.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

Stir-fried vegetables with a satay sauce

lGZWhfq.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭pew

Last night was turkey sausage swirls with a caprese salad.

I made the mozerella from scratch using cashew nuts, tapioca flour, nutritional yeast and apple cider vinegar. It's a happy pear recipe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

Anybody have a decent pulled pork recipe I could use? Have a large pork steak there. I don’t have any BBQ sauce so can’t get that, but I do have brown sugar, cider vinegar, soy sauce, spices all the kinda stuff you might let it cook in??

Wanna make it tonight..

Pork steak won't give you pulled pork, it's too lean. You need a shoulder joint for pulled pork.

But there's no reason why you can't have barbecued pork steak. You can make a simple BBQ sauce with your sugar, vinegar, spices and some ketchup - Google can help!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭pew

Harissa chicken thighs, red onion and peppers with homemade flat bread.

It was my first time making flat bread it was delicious

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

pew wrote: »
    Harissa chicken thighs, red onion and peppers with homemade flat bread.

It was my first time making flat bread it was delicious

I zoomed in on that. Everything looks fab.

Spaghetti and meatballs in a garlicky tomato sauce.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭2xj3hplqgsbkym

Rashers ( maple cure from aldi , very nice) sausages, mashed potato and butter beans in homemade tomato sauce ( pasatta, garlic, sauté onions, red peepers, splash of vinegar ) . Beans were so good.

• Advertisement

Mushroom Egg pile and chips.

Egg pile is what people who can’t make omelettes cook.

Have to work in Himself’s timings. The chips were cooked and out of the oven before he even started anything else :roll:

Advertisement