Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Here's What I Had For Dinner - Part III - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

ellejay wrote: »
    Is that the burger with bone marrow?

I can’t remember, i don’t remember there being anything about bone marrow on the sleeve. Think they were actually called ‘best ever burgers’ or ‘ultimate burgers’ maybe. Will check next time in the shop!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Frittata of green veg (spuds, brocolli, asapagus, sugar snaps, green beans) and tapas/antipasti (sun dried tomato, grilled artichokes, olives, grilled peppers). I made the frittata, but everything else was out of a jar. Very tasty and good with the heat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭pew

Turkey wraps with Franks hot wing sauce, mushroom and onion

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Aldi ribeye with homemade chips and veg. Delicious

452097.jpeg

pew wrote: »
    Turkey wraps with Franks hot wing sauce, mushroom and onion
    That’s not a wrap. That’s a plate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭pew

BaZmO* wrote: »
    That’s not a wrap. That’s a plate.

The lettuce is the wrap....i miss carbs :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Aldi ribeye with homemade chips and veg. Delicious

452097.jpeg

Those chips, my god they look good!

Home made pizza: half mozzarella, half fake cheese, mushrooms, pineapple, and spinach on top.

It might not be as quick as delivery, but boy is it tasty.

LirW wrote: »
    Those chips, my god they look good!

They were a real spur of the moment thing. I was actually peeling potatoes to make roasted potato cubes when Mrs.B was talking to our 5yo about potatoes or veg, and for some reason they got talking about chips being made out of potatoes. I don’t why, but he didn’t believe her, which I was surprised at. So I thought I’d show him the process. Although, thinking back at it, I might have been played by a 5yo!

Anyway, they were twice fried, and rather nice.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Kids said they like pasta, only the red peppers, broccoli, and all olives. What else, but combine everything. Served with bbq sausages, burgers and chicken skewers. Honestly, I've never seen them eat so much. Must be the weather.

452108.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

kylith wrote: »
    Home made pizza: half mozzarella, half fake cheese, mushrooms, pineapple, and spinach on top.

It might not be as quick as delivery, but boy is it tasty.

Pineapple and spinach? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,473 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Shenshen wrote: »
    Pineapple and spinach? :eek:

Psst, she's in the family way remember! ;)

Ah. Ok. Makes sense now.

Only now I'm wondering if there are people out there craving pizza with gherkins :D

Shenshen wrote: »

Ah. Ok. Makes sense now.

Only now I'm wondering if there are people out there craving pizza with gherkins :D
    I did actually consider putting gherkins on it too :D

I only put the spinach on because the sweet corn was gone off.

BBQ tonight. Chicken Kebabs.

452390.jpeg

452392.jpeg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,589 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Steak fajitas. Good summery food.

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

Busy day meal prepping today, not the most summery of foods though! Did a big lasagna (part following Matty Matheson's recipe, delish), leek and potato soup, overnight oats with forest fruits, spicy quinoa/ taco mince (from Thug kitchen) burrito bowls and a steak hash. The cleaning can wait until tomorrow :P

Hot weather, so I made puff pastry parcels filled with chickpeas, sundried tomatoes, fresh herbs and feta cheese. With a pasta salad, a potato salad, and some corn on the cob on the side.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

The barbecue isn't getting a rest with the weather being so good. Last night we had barbecued spatchcocked chicken with spicy rice, and tonight himself had a rib eye and I had tandoori chicken skewers with barbecued peppers, mushrooms and onions all cooked on the barbecue.

We went vegan for last night's dinner - I made the Beer Chili Mac from Thug Kitchen.
    Sooo yummy, but the quantities in the recipe made for at least 6 portions. So now we'll eat it again... and again :D

• Advertisement

Spicy Mozzarella Aubergines with Green Beans and Chickpeas

3673354_D-_AD14-40_D8-9_AAD-590_B22_F6_B737.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Spicy Mozzarella Aubergines with Green Beans and Chickpeas

Looks delicious! I must definitely look into more ways of eating aubergines.

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Looks delicious! I must definitely look into more ways of eating aubergines.

Thought i’d over seasoned the aubergines but they still tasted a bit meh. Roasted chickpeas are delicious!

Roasted chickpeas are delicious!

They are indeed, nice with fresh parsley and lemon juice.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,947 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Home made low fat spice bag. Had curry sauce to the side.

j782kk.jpg

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Roasted chicken legs, marinated in honey and soy sauce. Shredded, and eaten in pitta's with shallots, lettuce, peppers and sirrachi. Beautiful.

beertons wrote: »
    Roasted chicken legs, marinated in honey and soy sauce. Shredded, and eaten in pitta's with shallots, lettuce, peppers and sirrachi. Beautiful.

Oh stop. That sounds delicious. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Chicken and spinach curry, served with rice and peas.

Eaten in the sunshine with a few beers.

20180606_182451.jpg

Yes there is a few chips on that plate. The son insisted , he'd eat chips with his chips.

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

Made pulled pork last night, had it on brioche buns with pickles and raw diced onion. Leftovers on a frozen pizza today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,947 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Outdoor eats.

American Ribs and premium heche burgers from Avoca, floury baps, mixed salad, Bombay potato salad and siricha coleslaw. And a glass of Pinot Grigio.

Delish.

2n7qio6.jpg

Advertisement