Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Here's What I Had For Dinner - Part III - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,473 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Beer Butt BBQ Chicken served with Potato and Spinich Salad, Green Bean and Tomato Salad, Asparagus

(Also did a Spatchcocked Chicken cos I couldn’t fit two Beer Butts into the BBQ!)

B01_BFD5_C-_F8_BE-4_BCB-_BE1_D-_EA09_CE8_D5_AE4.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Very competitive this evening.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Well, my baguette with tomatoes and chives doesn't win anythere here then :D

LirW wrote: »
    Well, my baguette with tomatoes and chives doesn't win anythere here then :D

Only if its toasted.:D

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Only if its toasted.:D

No, it was from the Firehouse bakery in Delgany and they do bomb bread but the one today was somewhat meh.

• Advertisement

No, it was from the Firehouse bakery in Delgany and they do bomb bread but the one today was somewhat meh.

Hate the place. Sorry. Visited three times while with friends in Greystones. Sorry again. Not for this thread.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

We had the family in for a barbecue today. Rib eye steaks, tandoori chicken fillets and sausages. Baked potatoes mashed with onion, mushrooms, ham and cheese, loaded back into the skins and baked until crisp. Roasted pepper and black olive salad and a salad of mixed baby tomatoes & scallions. Whole onions barbecued in tinfoil. Strawberry & mascarpone cream pavlova for dessert :)

IMG_EA70_E012_E28_D-1.jpg

IMG_99499_E42_B2_F1-1.jpg

We had the family in for a barbecue today. Rib eye steaks, tandoori chicken fillets and sausages. Baked potatoes mashed with onion, mushrooms, ham and cheese, loaded back into the skins and baked until crisp. Roasted pepper and black olive salad and a salad of mixed baby tomatoes & scallions. Whole onions barbecued in tinfoil. Strawberry & mascarpone cream pavlova for dessert :)

Pics Dizzy? Sounds fab.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Pics Dizzy? Sounds fab.

I edited it to add some (stolen from Snapchat):)

I edited it to add one (stolen from a Snapchat):)

Wonderful Dizzy. It all looks so delish. I was drawn to the Tandoori chicken fillets in particular.

• Advertisement

I got a little tub of Tandoori spice in Dublin Meat Company, and I mixed 2 teaspoons with 5 tablespoons of natural yoghurt and marinated the chicken in it for a few hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

I was drawn to the whole onions done in foil. Are they left on for long? Do they carmelise?

I'd fishcakes with roasted butternut squash and cous cous.

I was drawn to the whole onions done in foil. Are they left on for long? Do they carmelise?

Yes the bottom caramelises really nicely and the rest is soft and sweet. We peel the onions and cut a cross in the top then drizzle a little olive oil over the cut before wrapping them in foil. Himself cooks them with the lid closed for around 20-30 minutes depending on the size.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

Yes the bottom caramelises really nicely and the rest is soft and sweet. We peel the onions and cut a cross in the top then drizzle a little olive oil over the cut before wrapping them in foil. Himself cooks them with the lid closed for around 20-30 minutes depending on the size.

Thanks a million. I'll definitely try them

Thanks a million. I'll definitely try them

I checked with him this morning and he said they can take 45 minutes depending on the heat. When I do them in the oven I leave them in for an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Homemade mushroom ravioli with an oat cream mushroom sauce. Could have done better.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Came home from work and made do with what was in the fridge.

Chilli Bratwursts done in the frying pan with sauteed onions, lid left on so the onions cooked in their own steam.

Couple of spuds baked, cut up the centre with butter and coleslaw stuffed inside.

Simple salad of scallions, cucumber, tomatoe and beetroot all chopped up and tossed with salad cream with a sprinkle of salt and pepper.

Didn't take a picture, and I really regret it.

It was really good.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Mac and cheese, with the pasta cooked in milk to speed stuff up. I’ve made it before and it was good, but this time it split for some reason.

Buttermilk Baked Chicken Thighs with Roasted Cauliflower, Broccoli and Chickpeas.

9864030_F-_AC20-4_A43-_BBB1-_BA82_DD9_F8_C2_F.jpg

There was a stir fry with pork mince, Udon noodles and veg in Hoisin sauce (YUM) and for the kids there was a cheese tomato omelette. Kid 1 threw a fit because he suddenly doesn't like tomatoes, kid 2 being 16 months old preferred to eat our spicy noodles.

• Advertisement

Nasi goreng from the biamaith recipe

20180616_185319.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

World Cup Pizza and beers!

oNmTkPx.jpg

And then Germany went and lost... :mad:

We've had a bad weekend food-wise. On Saturday night in the brother's house we got Kanum Thai which is usually lovely but it was meh. Last night at a friend's house we decided to all get chipper and it was manky. I don't think I'll be able to face a takeaway for a while.

Mushroom biryani, stuffed peppers and fresh chapatis.

Next time, I need to get more mushroom flavour into it, it was a bit bland.

Homemade sweet and sour pork with rice and steamed veg.

BBQ’d Homemade Burgers with Wedges and Coleslaw

9_A33_C831-7_B42-4_B66-832_B-94_D8_D221540_D.jpg

Can I order a kilo of that Coleslaw? Love it but nobody in this house eats it par me so it would be a waste.

Made Lemon orzo chicken one pan thingy, it's basically like a risotto with orzo instead of rice minus the parmesan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,006 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Can I order a kilo of that Coleslaw? Love it but nobody in this house eats it par me so it would be a waste.

Love slaw that's not covered in mayonnaise!
    Such a rare thing.

• Advertisement

Frittata with potatoes, peppers and onions and topped with cheese. And a tomato and basil salad.

hjfw68u.jpg

Advertisement