Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Here's What I Had For Dinner - Part III - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Foo yung with mushroom sauce and rice.

Very tasty. Himself yummed it, ate half of mine, and demanded the recipe for the mushroom sauce. I used grated carrot and grated broccoli stalks, which i’m Delighted about because while I often use the stalks for stock it pained me not to find a way to eat them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

Just as a side comment, you can peel off the tough outside skin and fibrous bits of broccoli stalks and steam them alongside the florets, or slice them and stir fry them like you would a carrot. They taste really delicious!

B0jangles wrote: »
    Just as a side comment, you can peel off the tough outside skin and fibrous bits of broccoli stalks and steam them alongside the florets, or slice them and stir fry them like you would a carrot. They taste really delicious!
    Unfortunately I find that by the time you peel it there’s not much left. This way I didn’t even bother to peel it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,473 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Mushroom Biryani served with Poppadoms and Mango Chutney

9_CBF0_F36-3049-4_B20-9_BEA-8_EBB592_B597_B.jpg

Went to the Black Sheep last night. The sharing platter was tasty, but I also had a pork belly burger which was very dry. IMO pork belly should not be crunchy. Not the meat anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭bolgbui41

Made Yotam Ottolenghi’s slow cooked lamb shoulder with coriander and cumin (recipe called for mint, but I'm allergic) with roasted beetroot and carrots and steamed spuds. The lamb was a little overcooked, but so, so tender

Made flatbread and topped mine with cheese, spinach, chopped tomatoes, and mackerel in tomato sauce to which I added mayo. Delicious!

IMG_3348.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

B0jangles wrote: »

Stalks are great for broccoli soup, really help thicken it up a little (presuming you blitz the lot at the end of course).

Homemade chicken katsu curry

20180623_200612_600x907.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

Glenbhoy wrote: »
    Stalks are great for broccoli soup, really help thicken it up a little (presuming you blitz the lot at the end of course).

I have to confess, I regularly eat ridiculous amounts of broccoli - like a whole head of broccoli for lunch with a little bit of cheese.

(Stalks included of course!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Dónal wrote: »
    Homemade chicken katsu curry

I love Katsu Chicken Curry. What recipe did you use?

Pizza night! Half carnivorous (mozzarella, feta, spinach, parma ham, mushroom), half vegan (mushroom, red onion, pineapple, spinach, some weird fake cheese stuff).

Going into the oven
    IMG_3349.jpg
    Coming out of the oven
    IMG_3350.jpg

BaZmO* wrote: »
    I love Katsu Chicken Curry. What recipe did you use?

http://allrecipes.co.uk/recipe/29578/chicken-katsu-curry.aspx

I'd have simmered it a bit longer personally but very tasty!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

I covered some cauliflower florets, diced sweet potatoes and chickpeas with a mix of ras-al-hanout, smoked paprika, garlic paste, salt and olive oil, spread it on a baking sheet and oven roasted it for 20 minutes.
    With that, we had some couscous with peppers, tomatoes and olives, seasoned with harrissa, parsley and mint, and some houmous.
    Perfect to eat out in the garden in the sunshine :)

FQkia9C.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Shenshen wrote: »
    I covered some cauliflower florets, diced sweet potatoes and chickpeas with a mix of ras-al-hanout, smoked paprika, garlic paste, salt and olive oil, spread it on a baking sheet and oven roasted it for 20 minutes.
    With that, we had some couscous with peppers, tomatoes and olives, seasoned with harrissa, parsley and mint, and some houmous.
    Perfect to eat out in the garden in the sunshine :)

Shenshen, if you're ever in Cork, head to Iyer's for the best chilli gobi. It's like crack.

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Shenshen, if you're ever in Cork, head to Iyer's for the best chilli gobi. It's like crack.

I live in Cork :D
    I've been to Iyers, but haven't tried the chili gobi yet. Thanks for the tip!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,006 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Shenshen wrote: »
    I live in Cork :D
    I've been to Iyers, but haven't tried the chili gobi yet. Thanks for the tip!

The chilli gobi usually goes on on a Saturday.
    Usually a Saturday that I'm not in Cork!
    It's possibly my favorite food ever - and I don't particularly like cauliflower!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

I did BBQ last night (steaks) & tonight (lamb koftas) with a spicy rice salad. My carb-loving Kids usually ask for wedges when I BBQ. I took a risk on the rice salad & they loved it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

We had barbecued steaks tonight with garlicky roasted baby potatoes and roasted pepper salad.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,589 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

My mother in law fed us roast lamb, mashed spuds, broccoli, and carrot and parsnip mash with gravy and mint sauce. Yeeeeesss.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Johnnyhpipe

My mother in law fed us roast lamb, mashed spuds, broccoli, and carrot and parsnip mash with gravy and mint sauce. Yeeeeesss.

In this heat?!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,589 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

In this heat?!!

And spectacular it was too!

A few weeks ago, I responded to a thread on the food forum looking for volunteers to take part in a televised cook-in.

It happened yesterday (Sunday), and I made a Lemony Prawn Risotto. I managed to get a pic before it was all demolished.

FD0_D8914-6563-4_A1_A-9439-435_E791_E6314.jpg

If anyone else is interested in taking part, here’s the original post, please pm Thomas, he’s a top bloke and still looking for volunteers.

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057877419/1/#post107151565

Vietnamese Prawn & Noodle Salad with Crispy Shallots

DFB2593_E-_D239-4834-8_FB6-8_F5_B8_C80770_F.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭andreoilin

Made a little traybake.

36226163_119956785575820_2806898841767378944_n.jpg

Burrito type yokies. Spices sweet potatoes, mashed avocado with stuff, grilled mushrooms, toasted cashews, spinach, feta for me, all wrapped in wraps.

IMG_3351.jpg

IMG_3352.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Such foodie types! You're all making me feel inadequate ;)

Away from home town, so going to have a bowl of chilli in Galway's Chilli Shack. What could go wrong, eh?

One of my favourite dinners yesterday: BBQd pork loin, salsa verde, potato salad and side veg. Just nom.

Screenshot_20180625_141422_800x450.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ArtyC

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Such foodie types! You're all making me feel inadequate ;)

Away from home town, so going to have a bowl of chilli in Galway's Chilli Shack. What could go wrong, eh?

If you go back try their beast burger ! Smashing !

• Advertisement

Too hot to cook anything much, so it was just cheese tortellini from Aldi, with a sage and white wine sauce, peas and runner beans. And some garlic bread on the side.

The upside being that I now have the rest of the bottle of white wine cooling in the fridge for later :D

Advertisement