Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Here's What I Had For Dinner - Part III - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,589 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

BBQ tonight. Marinated vegetable kebabs, corn on the cob, roasted baby potatoes, thick pork sausages and chilli lime chicken skewers, with strawberries and cream for dessert.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Balsamic pasta salad with cherry tomatoes and rocket.

Bit meh, but really not arsed cooking in this heat.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Last night I had a beef medallion with onion rings and garlic potatoes. Here's than juicy beef in the pan.:D

20180626_165922.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

kylith wrote: »
    Balsamic pasta salad with cherry tomatoes and rocket.

Bit meh, but really not arsed cooking in this heat.

Samer here: I'm living on burgers at the moment; beef, chicken, veggie- there's enough variety in the toppings and sauces to keep them from becoming boring but making them only takes about 15 minutes, including the prep.

I keep thinking I want to do a nice chinese or thai stir-fry but I just cannot be fecked prepping all the veg in this heat :o

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I really fancied a roast dinner but didn't want to cook so we went for a cheeky midweek carvery. I had roast turkey and Himself had cottage pie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Puff pastry sheet topped with mince in a tomato sauce, peppers, spinach, and broccoli last night. Delicious and still have some slices left over for future meals!

(apologies for photo quality - really need to step up my food photography game!)

454351.jpg

🤪

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Barbecued pork steak with baked potatoes and coleslaw.

IMG_4521.jpgpost img

Barbecued burgers and chilli jalapeno sausages with a tomato salad.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Roast sweet potatoes and onions with mushroom roll and lentil sweetcorn salad, sambal.

IMAG0058_1.jpg

Spiced salmon, asparagus, tomatoes, all done on the BBQ, the veggies dressed with balsamic. Avocado, cucumber, mixed leaf and feta salad with honey, lemon and mustard dressing, and roasted baby potatoes with garlic and green herbs. Strawberries and cream for afters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Roast sweet potatoes and onions with mushroom roll and lentil sweetcorn salad, sambal.

Do you have a recipe for the mushroom rolls, please?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Shenshen wrote: »
    Do you have a recipe for the mushroom rolls, please?

Afraid not! I got it from a coffee shop (Alchemy, Cork) going free at the end of the day.

I bet you could try wrapping mushroom pate in pastry?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 523 Mod ✭✭✭✭TheKBizzle

i can give you my recipe for mushroom rolls.

Blitz up a box of mushrooms and an onion in a food processor and fry off until most of the water content is gone. season and add some mustard and thyme. let the mixture cool and you can add in chia seeds and refrigerate overnight or add breadcrumbs just until the mix isn't wet and you can form a sausage.

stick it into some puff pastry and brush with some non dairy milk and garnish with some nigella seeds or poppy seeds and then they are vegan too.

Yaki soba (Wagamama recipe)

20180701_164935_600x800.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,473 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Chicken roasted on the BBQ, slathered in Curry Paste with , Potatoes, Spicy Coleslaw, Carrot & Beetroot Salad and Spicy Bean Salad.

DA0_D8_EE3-5_D8_D-4_E1_C-_B891-_DD2_D828_A4_DBE.jpg

Fish and chips on the pier in Howth

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭anthony4335

home made Pizza cooked in the BBQ

Cous cous with pan fried asparagus, fake chicken, tomatoes, balsamic dressing and feta.

Not fantastic, the fake chicken was totally lost. Would have been a nice side with something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,587 ✭✭✭DunnoKidz

A cold slice of quiche (made yesterday), few melon slices and iced mint tea. Perfect for a warm day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

Aldi sausages and burgers done on the bbq. Brioche buns, mustard, ketchup, coleslaw and wedges with roasted peppers, lettuce and sweet corn!

• Advertisement

Really spicy hot chili. Trying to kick start labour. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,587 ✭✭✭DunnoKidz

oh wow! Many congrats Mystery Egg! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,473 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Should have been watching the England/Columbia penalties. That would have induced anyone! :rolleyes:

Congrats and Good Luck to you all!!! :)

I have a proven curry that is a kick starter! Best of luck Mystery!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

Happy Hatching!

Should have been watching the England/Columbia penalties. That would have induced anyone! :rolleyes:

Congrats and Good Luck to you all!!! :)

I did!! What an exhausting match.

Grandeood wrote:
    I have a proven curry that is a kick starter! Best of luck Mystery!

Hit me up, man

I did!! What an exhausting match.

Hit me up, man

Try this if you can.

Add green cardoman, cumin seeds, dried chilis, black peppercorns, cinamon stick to a little oil in a pan. Cook for five mins on a medium heat.

Add chicken pieces (3 diced fillets) and cook for a further 4 mins or so, stirring regularly. Then add finely chopped onion, garlic and ginger paste and chopped habanero chilis Mix it all in and cook for a couple of mins.

Add 2 tablespoons of hot curry powder. Sharwoods is good. Mix in. Cover and cook on medium for 5 mins. Now add about 400g of natural/plain yogurt and stir in. Cover the pan and cook for a further 7 mins, stirring regularly.

Turn off the heat and stir in fresh corriander. Serve with basmati rice. Eat and baby will arrive a few hours later. Job done!

Best wishes for a swift delivery :)

Sweet and sour veggies. I can’t seem to attach photos on the new mobile site.
    Congrats and good luck!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

I have a bit of catching up to do - didn't get much time on the laptop, what with the nice weather and all.

Anyway, yesterday, I decided on trying a variation of mushroom rolls, the filling pretty much as recommended by TheKBizzle. Here's one with some deviled eggs, and a chickpea and pepper salad :

V32Drwm.jpg

The day before, we had black bean burritos with tomato salsa, guacamole and salad :

QKXm7fI.jpg

And yes, I do overfill my burritos. Always. ALWAYS! I'm a generous person, ok?

And lastly, on Sunday I made us butterbean cevapcici with some couscous :

KEwW0L8.jpg

Today, it'll be a weird combination of leftovers, I think.

Advertisement