Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Here's What I Had For Dinner - Part III - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

At least I'm not the only person hopelessly overstuffing wraps, tacos and burritos!

Speaking about tacos, there'll be jamie olivers pork belly tacos, we did them before and they were a huge success.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,587 ✭✭✭DunnoKidz

(wonders if grandeods curry did it... and if there is a mini mystery egg in the world, having her/his dins with the new mum)

(also, i love love love tacos.....just sayin' :) )

Made a nice creamy tomato sauce for tonights Rigatoni. Top with fresh parm and dinner is done (the simple delights of cooking for one).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Chicken pie with mash. We're sick of 'summer dinners'.

IMG_4564.jpg

IMG_4565.jpg

^ that looks soooooooo good (drooling!)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,589 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

No mini egg yet! I'm gonna make that curry but I need to pick up some ingredients for it tomorrow. Baby is obviously comfortable in there darnit!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

No mini egg yet! I'm gonna make that curry but I need to pick up some ingredients for it tomorrow. Baby is obviously comfortable in there darnit!

Best of luck whenever it does happen

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Hey Dizzy that looks and I bet tastes bloody fab!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Grandeeod wrote: »

It did! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,473 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Spaghetti with Prawns and Rocket

5_B190_C89-79_FE-4_B80-_B5_ED-811_E6_DE29842.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

We had lamb kofta, potato gratin, tzatziki and carrots/parsnips cooked in the airfryer. Weird mix but it was delicious and promptly inhaled!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

M&S do these lovely sous vide meat packs that you can get relatively cheap enough if you get them in the deals, normally 3 for €14 and sometimes 3 for €12
    Beef, pork, lamb, etc., with different sauces.
    I find them great to have in the fridge to have along side your choice of veg and carbs.

This one in particular is pork with apple sauce and crackling powder, and last night I just had it on a wrap with whatever leftover veg & salad was in the fridge. Really enjoyed it.

455098.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Shenshen wrote: »
    on Sunday I made us butterbean cevapcici

Like sausages made from butterbeans?
    Interesting! Much wizardry involved?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Thai green chicken curry with rice in a new local street food style place. Free icecream for dessert. Twas fab.

Fresh fruit plate... Melons, Pineapple, Grapes... (wish I had a wedge of cheese to go with)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,231 ✭✭✭jellybear

Chicken curry and a diet coke :)

ETA- don't know why it's sideways!

Burgers with melted Gouda and my version of McDonald's sauce, with McCain's Skin On fries cooked in the Airfryer.

IMG_4570.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I would murder that right now!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Like sausages made from butterbeans?
    Interesting! Much wizardry involved?

Not all that much - you add the butterbeans, chopped onions, garlic, any herbs and spices you like (for the cevapcici, I usually add a good handful of parsley, some mint, tsp of chili, and 2 - 3 tsp of paprika) and salt to the food processor and blitz it.
    Once it's kind of smooth, you add some breadcrumbs and possibly a little flour to make the mixture thick enough to form sausages. You can fry them, but they're also amazing from the bbq.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,947 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Halloumi fries- yum!!!

2nbdeet.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Veggie fried rice

• Advertisement

Yesterday....

Fish tacos using hake ceviche (cooked in lime juice), tomato salsa and guacamole

5128224_B-19_AA-45_D3-_AD25-9_F9_C4265182_C.jpg

Tonight....
    Bean Balls with Spaghetti and Marinara Sauce

5_DC6_C0_FA-0_D30-4_F15-_A944-9085_E4_A830_A6.jpgupload

Cottage pie and peas. I don't know what possessed me because the heat in the kitchen nearly killed me :rolleyes:

IMG_4587.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,947 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Sea bream cooked in herbs, lemon and white wine..,crusty bread to mop up the juices

2m6u1s1.jpg

TV dinner watching the football. Hot Dogs and Cheesy Nachos.

961_B35_CB-735_F-4_BC9-_B3_F3-_B55_ADA938_F98.jpg

Discovered easy way to make crispy onions. Fill a frying pan with a cm or so of veg oil, heat to medium. Meanwhile slice some shallots very thinly and place in a large bowl. Add enough plain flour to coat shallots. When oil is hot enough, add a handful of shallots. Fry for five minutes or so stirring occasionally until browned. With a slotted spoon remove to kitchen paper to drain. Lovely and crispy. :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Pork chop burgers.

They were amazing, so no laughing.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,589 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

I made cottage pie, but instead of mashing spuds, I sliced and boiled some baby new potatoes, laid them on top of the meat and vegetable mixture, brushed with olive oil, sprinkled with salt and put in the oven for 40 minutes. It was a hit.

I made cottage pie, but instead of mashing spuds, I sliced and boiled some baby new potatoes, laid them on top of the meat and vegetable mixture, brushed with olive oil, sprinkled with salt and put in the oven for 40 minutes. It was a hit.

I do that sometimes for a change, it's fab.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Grandeeod wrote: »

Now that is MY kind of food... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 68,826 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Did two weeks worth of freezer cooking this afternoon, used some of a Indian curry base sauce to make tonights one which was a bastardised Keralan shallot curry - curry base of spices, onions, carrots, peppers, garlic and ginger blended + sauteed shallots, creamed coconut, curry leaves, fenugreek leaves and coriander for the curry itself. Served with rice and naans, in bowls. One of my better quick dishes from a curry base.

Really need to go get more frozen naans from Eurasia as the convenience store parbaked ones are nowhere near as good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭pew

Made some kebabs with homemade flat bread, garlic mayo and a hot sauce that was so spicy. And wedges and coleslaw.

Advertisement