Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Here's What I Had For Dinner - Part III - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Johnnyhpipe

Jaz lads, all the food here looks unreal. But what keeps striking me is the portion sizes... I’d actually be ashamed to post one of my portion sizes here after seeing all this!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

That homemade flat bread looks very nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,006 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Jaz lads, all the food here looks unreal. But what keeps striking me is the portion sizes... I’d actually be ashamed to post one of my portion sizes here after seeing all this!!

Not everyone puts everything that they will ultimately eat on the plate to begin with.
    Personally, I really don't like a very big plate of food - it kinda puts me off my food. I much prefer to start with a smaller portion and have more if I wish. Cuts down on waste too.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Not everyone puts everything that they will ultimately eat on the plate to begin with.
    Personally, I really don't like a very big plate of food - it kinda puts me off my food. I much prefer to start with a smaller portion and have more if I wish. Cuts down on waste too.

the portions all look huge to me; would feed me twice . Maybe more

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Last night was egg foo Yong with mushroom sauce, and a yoghurt for dessert.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭pew

That homemade flat bread looks very nice.

4 heaped tablespoons self raising flour
    4 tablespoons natural yoghurt
    Salt
    Pepper
    Olive oil

Give it a mix, roll it out, cook on a dry frying pan for 3 min each side

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

pew wrote: »
    Salt
    Pepper
    Olive oil

Sounds like the Jamie Oliver recipe from his new book, although oddly enough, the book doesn't have any olive oil in it but it does when I've seen him post the recipe to social media.

I like to add onion seeds to the mix. It gives it a lovely savoury earthy kick.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Pasta with chicken and mushroom in creamy tomato sauce.

IMG_4595.jpg

Sloppy Joes

20180713_185918_600x800.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

pew wrote: »
    Salt
    Pepper
    Olive oil

I failed miserably in the past trying to make roti, but might give this a go thanks, maybe the white flour is easier to start with...

• Advertisement

Main meal at lunchtime here.... Cottage pie ( SV ready meal and very good )and baked beans...

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Sounds like the Jamie Oliver recipe from his new book, although oddly enough, the book doesn't have any olive oil in it but it does when I've seen him post the recipe to social media.

I like to add onion seeds to the mix. It gives it a lovely savoury earthy kick.

I got it from my friend who is a big Jamie Oliver fan, so more than likely he got it from his book.

I usually add some herbs and spices to it.

Graces7 wrote: »
    Main meal at lunchtime here.... Cottage pie ( SV ready meal and very good )and baked beans...

Cottage/Shepard's pie goes amazingly well with baked beans, love it! :) taste of my childhood

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Not a bad ready meal.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I have to have beans with shepherds pie, Mrs. B thinks I’m weird for doing so.

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Not a bad ready meal.

Their( SV) cottage pie is family sized and does me 4 meals ( freezes well) Costs all of E6.50! Simple. strong comfort food. I could not just now stay on my feet long enough to make it... They do a lasagne like that too. Great foil trays they use.

I know; not gourmet food etc. But grand for me.

Roast Cod => Green beans and petit pois with lemon, parsely and olive oil.
    Shepard's Pie => Baked beans.

No debate :)

Their( SV) cottage pie is family sized and does me 4 meals ( freezes well) Costs all of E6.50! Simple. strong comfort food. I could not just now stay on my feet long enough to make it... They do a lasagne like that too. Great foil trays they use.

I know; not gourmet food etc. But grand for me.

SV do a smaller version too Graces. But its a decent cottage pie.

SV do a smaller version too Graces. But its a decent cottage pie.

Not seen that; their bacon and cabbage ready meal is really good. All my version of "eating out"! lol Love a good meal like that. As we all do...

Not seen that; their bacon and cabbage ready meal is really good. All my version of "eating out"! lol Love a good meal like that. As we all do...

Can you rejoin us in the other "Eating" thread? You're missed and some were worried about you.

• Advertisement

Cloud bread with prawn cocktail.

If that really was the best cloud bread recipe I'd hate to taste the worst. This stuff is beyond meh.

Prawns were nice, though.

Can you rejoin us in the other "Eating" thread? You're missed and some were worried about you.

sent thee a pm!

Broccoli and cauliflower cheese with prawns. What's not to love?

IMG_3371.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,231 ✭✭✭jellybear

kylith wrote: »
    Broccoli and cauliflower cheese with prawns. What's not to love?

...the prawns? Well, you did ask :D

Was at a function today with nice finger food and then made a lovely chicken fillet burger with all the trimmings when I got home. Also, had a slice of my mam's birthday cake :) It was sponge with fresh fruit and cream.

Decided to get the marks and Spencer dine in meal for two.

Rotisserie chicken, mint potatoes and bramble apple pie. We added some veg and ice cream for the dessert. And of course a lovely bottle of white wine.

So much food left over.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

We had the Cooking Club doner kebabs last night with stuffed baked potatoes :)

Veggie taco things. Broccoli, corn, mushrooms, quorn, guacamole, cream cheese, wrapped in butterhead lettuce leaves.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

On Saturday, I made a Korean stir-fry. No recipe, but I'm calling it Korean as I used doenjang (Korean fermented soybean paste) for seasoning, and also threw in a good bit of kimchi.

O2ALQwQ.jpg

And yesterday, a celebration of aubergines : pasta alla norma, topped with extra fried aubergine and polpette made with roasted aubergines on the side.

t5zWxFy.jpg

Roasted chicken breast with veg, mash and leftover stuffed baked potatoes.

IMG_4619.jpgimg photo hosting

• Advertisement

Ham and cheese omelette with brocolli in cheese sauce b

Advertisement