Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Here's What I Had For Dinner - Part III - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

There was a ton of lentil & chickpea stew left from yesterday's lunch so we had it with mash.

IMG_4626.jpgimage share

• Registered Users Posts: 8,473 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Lokanta Stew served with Crusty Bread

3_D90_A7_F4-_CDD1-494_A-965_B-477419_BC359_B.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Shiritake noodles with veggies, egg and prawns. Very delicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Tagliatelle with Scallops (normally use Prawns), with garlic, chilli, parsley and lemon. Probably over did the chilli, or at least the baby thought so. :/

456250.jpeg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Lokanta Stew served with Crusty Bread

That looks fantastic Gloomtastic!
    Did you get the recipe from BBC (I love their Good Food site)?

https://www.bbc.com/food/recipes/lokanta_stew_91668

I like the sound of slow cooked med veg with briefly cooked snappy green beans.

Reminds me, I must get some allspice.
    Can't believe I have never used it!
    I used to think it was a spice mix, but no, it's a single spice from a berry.

• Advertisement

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    That looks fantastic Gloomtastic!
    Did you get the recipe from BBC (I love their Good Food site)?

https://www.bbc.com/food/recipes/lokanta_stew_91668

I like the sound of slow cooked med veg with briefly cooked snappy green beans.

Reminds me, I must get some allspice.
    Can't believe I have never used it!
    I used to think it was a spice mix, but no, it's a single spice from a berry.

Yeah, it was that BBC recipe. I discovered I didn’t have any All Spice so combined some ground cloves, cinnamon and nutmeg. I also subbed Chickpeas for the butter beans because I love them roasted.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Minced beef pie.

IMG_4697.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

I bought a cottage pie in Spar, Castletroy, Limerick, yesterday. Already cooked from the Deli. Lads it was gorgeous even if I was eating it in the car with a skinny coke. I'd skipped breakie so it was a perfect brunch. No photo, but I should have.:D

Dinner in a hotel later was Pork Medallions over mash with a red wine reduction (thats gravy) and veg. Nice!

Prawn Biryani with Indian Cauliflower Cheese and Vegetable Korma

33117_DC1-_BED5-43_C8-9_A1_D-_ED8416_A8_A254.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Piri piri chicken with stir fried onions, mushrooms and green beans.

It was very morish.

20180723_183230.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Pasta with a sauce of courgettes from the garden, chorizo and garlic in white wine and a bit of cream, plus loads of parmesan.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 ToryVi

I had a lazy day today. I've ordered pizza and Chinese food. Don't regret, cause I was too tired to cook smthing.

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

Had roasted cauliflower and potato Madras curry for lunch today, for being veggie it was delish, will be making it again. Countering that I'm having brisket burrito bowls for dinner

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,411 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Jamie Oliver's chicken pasta with herby veg ragu. Liked it. First time using his 15 minutes book.

Need to read this forum more often.

Roast chicken thighs, broccoli, asparagus, a couple of small potatoes and a poor man's cheese sauce of philaelphia cheese.

Hake, some herby potatoes and steamed veg from the garden.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

A tray of “finest” tesco big cut chips, took 50 mins to cook at 170 not the 20 mins they said on the packet, notice that with ALDI stuff too

• Registered Users Posts: 17,006 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

vicwatson wrote: »
    A tray of “finest” tesco big cut chips, took 50 mins to cook at 170 not the 20 mins they said on the packet, notice that with ALDI stuff too

Perhaps you have far too many chips on the tray?
    You can really only fit enough chips for two people on an oven tray if you want them to cook properly - a single, thin layer.

vicwatson wrote: »

170 sounds very low.

I think it's usually 220 for oven chips.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,006 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

170 sounds very low.

I think it's usually 220 for oven chips.

I hadn't spotted that.
    170 surely can't be right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Tesco often show cooking instructions online. I can see 3 finest ones but none as low as 20mins 170C, pack might have different info but it seems very short & low for chunky chips

https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/product/search/default.aspx?searchBox=finest%20chips

I got the frozen ones, I rolled them in beef fat and they came out really nice. I hate the way they seem to presume everybody who buys oven chips wants them to be low fat.

The ones here: https://m.tesco.ie/mt/www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=290844836 say 170 fan for 25 mins from chilled or 45 mins from frozen.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

kylith wrote: »
    The ones here: https://m.tesco.ie/mt/www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=290844836 say 170 fan for 25 mins from chilled or 45 mins from frozen.

Ah! That might be the answer.

Ah! That might be the answer.

They were chilled not frozen

I hadn't spotted that.
    170 surely can't be right?

It is correct, but tesco are wrong

Aldi had Tipo00 flour at the weekend, so there was only one thing for it!

Screenshot_20180725_194828_800x450.png

Barbecued pork, fried rice and peas, corn in the cob from the griddle pan and a baked spud.

Threw some coleslaw on the side after this pic.

20180726_182156.jpg

Corned beef and cauliflower hash. Plenty of mustard, very tasty.

On Wednesday there was Pork chops with peaches and baby spinach served with polenta.

Yesterday due to the lack of time I threw a pasta dish together with panchetta and peas.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

C7XzEWQl.jpg

I'm a huge fan of the new "No Bull" burgers from Iceland, fantastic. Here's one I made with rocket, guacamole, gouda style vegan cheese, fried onions. Served with nutritional yeast baked wedges.

Advertisement