Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Here's What I Had For Dinner - Part III - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Vege curry and rice. Super hot!

IMAG0148_1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

Sticky spicy cauliflower, egg fried rice and gyozas

GYmy9eI.jpg

Bought the gyozas frozen in Lidl a while back, they weren't great. The rest was very yummy, though!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭trashcan

Looks nice. How did you do the cauliflower?

trashcan wrote: »
    Looks nice. How did you do the cauliflower?

I roughly followed this recipe. I used sparkling water instead of almond milk, though. And honey instead of maple syrup.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Everything that goes out of date - omelette.
    Child's was stuffed with bacon and mozzarella and I put more spices into mine and had a side of courgette from the garden with lots of garlic.

• Advertisement

Had a fresh baguette, warmed up a wedge of Brie in the microwave (you can crucify me, but it takes only 30 seconds to get it lovely and runny, so why wouldn't I?) with some raspberry jam. Alongside that, we had some carrot sticks, cucumber sticks, and freshly made olive dip and houmous.

Not orthodox, but yum.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Shenshen wrote: »
    warmed up a wedge of Brie in the microwave (you can crucify me, but it takes only 30 seconds to get it lovely and runny, so why wouldn't I?).
    A trick I mentioned before is to put small items in on a plate on top of (or beside) a pint/bowl full of cold water. This way the bulk of the microwaves go into heating the water and the small bit of food heats up far more evenly (lowering power on most microwave ovens just pulses full power on & off). Good for donuts, bread, butter, cheese. I never did brie though so it might heat better as it likely has more moisture.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,875 ✭✭✭sporina

I'm a huge fan of the new "No Bull" burgers from Iceland, fantastic. Here's one I made with rocket, guacamole, gouda style vegan cheese, fried onions. Served with nutritional yeast baked wedges.

what are "nutritional yeast baked wedges'?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,947 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Based on this threads and the recommendation above , I’m trying the no bull burgers tonight.

Very impressed!!

So good.

anewme wrote: »
    Based on this threads and the recommendation above , I’m trying the no bull burgers tonight.

Very impressed!!

So good.

I had them a few weeks ago, they are indeed very nice. A close rival to Linda McCartney's.

• Advertisement

speedy dinner tonight and lunch till Friday.

Roasted Veggie Korna made with Green Saffron jar. Their sauces are very good.

Don't like rice so will have with brocolli rice.

2iuv0ck.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

When you've a bona fide Thai chef staying with you - seize the moment.

After a trip to Eurasia supermarket, and picking up spices and vegetables/sauces I ain't even ever heard of before this feast was laid out.

From the back of the pic to the front.

In the heart shaped serving dish was chicken thai green curry.

The see through glass serving dish was Tom Yum soup (basically prawns with veg in a chilli broth)

Marinated chicken fillets with satay sauce.

Bowl of steamed jasmine rice.

So so good.

20180731_184946.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,875 ✭✭✭sporina

After a trip to Eurasia supermarket, and picking up spices and vegetables/sauces I ain't even ever heard of before this feast was laid out.

The see through glass serving dish was Tom Yum soup (basically prawns with veg in a chilli broth)

So so good.

looks fab - id love the recipe for the tom yum soup please?

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭bigronnie9

Haven't browsed through here in awhile as I've been eating alot of boring(trying to be healthy) meals...as always some lovely looking dinners to dream about here!

Then I get to this!!

So so good.

Man alive I could happily climb into a bowl of satay sauce and swim around in it! Was that sauce made from scratch? If so I would love the recipe?

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭zoe 3619

sporina wrote: »

Tesco do a nice tom yum paste if it helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

*drool*

Spent the day cleaning the house (because I'm the kind pf person who'd waste a day off for that kind of carry-on), so I didn't feel like cooking too much.
    I ended up just making spaghetti aglio olio e peprconcino.

And then I found that this with a glass of wine is really all anyone could ask for on a nice sunny evening, enjoying a light breeze in the garden :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

*drool*

Don't blame you S! Looked class! I cheat ethnic style with a great Thai paste from Costless in Tallaght with added ingredients. I find the generic crap in Tescos etc. to be bland muck. Ethnic shops all the way for the real deal. Costless in Tallaght is a place I shop in for at least an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Sadly he has left for the sunnier climate of Portumna - Cork - Kerry for a few weeks but will be stopping back with me for a night around the 10th before flying back.

I will ask for it to be jotted down.
    bigronnie9 wrote: »
    Haven't browsed through here in awhile as I've been eating alot of boring(trying to be healthy) meals...as always some lovely looking dinners to dream about here!

Then I get to this!!

Man alive I could happily climb into a bowl of satay sauce and swim around in it! Was that sauce made from scratch? If so I would love the recipe?

The satay sauce was like nothing I've ever had before, this was the real deal made by someone who cooks thai food for rural Thai people on a daily basis.

Again, I'll get his recipe when he comes back.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Tom Yum rules!

I love anything hot and sour..
    I get the paste in a jar, but I'd love to try the freshly made soup. So hard to find.

• Advertisement

Just made for dinner tonight.

Roasted veggie lasagne

27xqedy.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

IMG_3380.jpg

Salmon in a tomato cream sauce with asparagus, served over soy pasta. Very tasty.

The soy pasta is a grand substitute, if anyone is on a low-carb diet. However, it is easy to overcook.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

what are "nutritional yeast baked wedges'?
    See the golden flakes on the wedges? That is nutritional yeast. They are flakes that arereminiscent of a cheesy nutty taste, delicious and are really good for you. Can throw it on pasta, bake anything with it on top, in mashed potato, sprinkled on a pizza, on top of popcorn and so on. Nice tasty vitamin hit.

marigold-engevita-yeast-flakes-b2-125g-02-500-o-500x500.jpg

anewme wrote: »

Very impressed!!

So good.

Glad to hear you tried and liked them based on my post! We buy a few packs at a time now!

The burgers have sold so well they are bringing out 13 products:
    https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2018/aug/07/faux-rizo-iceland-to-sell-13-vegan-friendly-foods-including-chorizo-replica?CMP=share_btn_fb

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Cheeseburger casserole with fried potatoes. I am too full now. Looks a mess, tastes pretty darn good.

IMG_3382.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭treenytru

Quick lazy Sunday evening dinner

Leftover quinoa, sweet potato and broccoli covered in Tesco finest adobo chili sauce. The sauce is really nice...smoky and sweet. Would buy again and mix with beans for a quick chili

https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=299258116

• Registered Users Posts: 8,473 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

We had a gathering yesterday but forgot to take a pic - leftovers tonight.

Moroccan BBQ’d Lamb Steaks with Vegetable Tagine and Cous Cous.

0114_D453-3_C70-4_BCD-_A4_D4-9_ECCAC520_A7_F.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,473 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Hoisin Salmon with Broccoli and Noodles

901_EA973-_DA88-4_B98-_A12_B-171_DC8440_B50.jpgfree screenshot tool

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Pasta with chicken in a creamy tomato sauce. You wouldn't know what to be eating when it's lashing rain, blowing a gale and 20°C :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Pasta with chicken in a creamy tomato sauce. You wouldn't know what to be eating when it's lashing rain, blowing a gale and 20°C :rolleyes:

You're right Dizzy. I opted for a wholesome fave of mine as the rain and wind was whipping around the place. Sausages, Mash, Beans and Onion Gravy. A big portion for myself too!

20180815_164817.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Beans and gravy?!?

Advertisement