Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Here's What I Had For Dinner - Part III - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

Homemade breaded chicken, made the breadcrumbs in my smoothie maker from aldi! (Have yet to buy a food processor, it’s just as handy)

Mash, mixed veg and bisto gravy <3

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Since the temperatures are going down I made beef stew in the clow cooker. Served with Mash. I'm ready for the bad weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

IMG_3410.jpg

Low carb kedgeree, made using konnjac rice. Very tasty!

Simple Pitta breads filled with whatever needs to be used.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭pew

kylith wrote: »

Looks great. Where did you get the konnjac rice? I'm sick to my teeth of cauliflower rice.

• Advertisement

pew wrote: »
    Looks great. Where did you get the konnjac rice? I'm sick to my teeth of cauliflower rice.

A friend of mine gave it to me, I'll ask her where she got it.

I know what you mean, I'm fed up to the back teeth of cauliflower everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

https://s33.postimg.cc/4vjjrn70f/IMG_3410.jpg

Regular kedgeree has always been on my “must make” list but I’ve never gotten around to it.

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Regular kedgeree has always been on my “must make” list but I’ve never gotten around to it.

It was kind of a cheat's one, I suppose. I used Korma paste and the 'rice' doesn't need much cooking. Still I'd definitely make it again.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

I've kedgeree on the menu for tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,006 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I had an Indian flat mate, and to him, kedgeree was any kind of mish mash with rice. I think it was the English came home with the idea that kedgeree is rice, smoked fish, eggs and curry powder. I imagine some English person had it with that particular combination, asked what it was called and for ever more that was what kedgeree was.

My friend used to often cook in the microwave: rice, potato, lentils,tomato, onion, garlic, ginger and curry spices. When I asked what it was called he said ; its just kedgeree.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

Sour and Smokey chicken wings with cheesy mash, mushrooms, peppers and sweet corn.

Followed by Donal Skehans recipe for gooey chocolate cookies!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,828 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Tonight was the "Whatever can I find in Centra" fritatta for 2. Onion, mushrooms, one diced potato, serrano ham, 4 eggs, black pepper

Still can't quite the potato cooked enough in the same time, may need to parboil but there just wasn't the time.

Sour and Smokey chicken wings with cheesy mash, mushrooms, peppers and sweet corn.

Followed by Donal Skehans recipe for gooey chocolate cookies!

Need to know what made them sour and smokey, please. Love chicken wings and love sour, generally. Smokey is usually accompanied by sweet. I'm intrigued by these.

I had an Indian flat mate, and to him, kedgeree was any kind of mish mash with rice. I think it was the English came home with the idea that kedgeree is rice, smoked fish, eggs and curry powder. I imagine some English person had it with that particular combination, asked what it was called and for ever more that was what kedgeree was.

My friend used to often cook in the microwave: rice, potato, lentils,tomato, onion, garlic, ginger and curry spices. When I asked what it was called he said ; its just kedgeree.
    I think most dishes that we would consider “Indian” in this part of the world date back to the British Raj, with a lot being even more recent due to the influx of of Indian immigrants to the UK. Wasn’t Korma a Scottish invention from the 70’s?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,828 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Wasn’t Korma a Scottish invention from the 70’s?

That claim is usually made about chicken tikka masala. Balti allegedly from Birmingham and so on.

Indian takeaway food here would be nearly unrecognisable to many Indians. Usually a random mash of types from all over India and the nearby countries (Nepal, Bangladesh etc) plus stuff that is so completely at odds with the way its made in Indian (chopped fruit in some curries that would never have them)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

I think most dishes that we would consider “Indian” in this part of the world date back to the British Raj, with a lot being even more recent due to the influx of of Indian immigrants to the UK. Wasn’t Korma a Scottish invention from the 70’s?

Is that kedgeree?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Is that kedgeree?

And I've only now seen the earlier posts...

I have been told that it is available in the health food section of SuperValu on Merchant's Quay.

I made it again for brunch today. I used runny poached egg and more Korma paste. Definitely a good one to have on stand-by.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭pew

I have been told that it is available in the health food section of SuperValu on Merchant's Quay.

I made it again for brunch today. I used runny poached egg and more Korma paste. Definitely a good one to have on stand-by.

Brilliant. Thanks a million I'll take a look next time I'm there

Brilliant. Thanks a million I'll take a look next time I'm there
    I think it goes under the name Slim Rice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Striploin steak pan fried with onion, mushroom and peppers and a baked spud on the side.

Right after I took this photo I lashed a load of pepper sauce (bought in the butchers) over the steak and the veg.

Hit the spot

20180909_175654.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Barbecued rib eye and onions with colcannon.

IMG_4984.jpg

On holidays in Portugal at the moment so doing a lot of eating out. We tend to eat out in the evening and make a light lunch during the day. Current favourite is a constant variation of the classic Tomato, Mozzarella, Basil salad with olive oil. I’ve essentially just been adding whatever fresh veg is available. The tomatoes and onions are so sweet over here. So so beautiful.

All served with lots of Vinho Verde.

460777.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,473 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Chicken and Leek Traybake

F642_B8_D0-3325-4484-_A3_B1-_E932_D0312_FDA.jpg

This was really tasty and real easy to make.

https://www.bbc.com/food/recipes/chicken_lentil_and_leek_58385

Made a greek-ish lentil salad yesterday and had a piece of sole with it. Very nice and enough leftovers for lunch.

Tonight there'll be chicken fajitas.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 524 Mod ✭✭✭✭TheKBizzle

Homemade steak & Guinness pie with peas and mash.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

TheKBizzle wrote: »
    Homemade steak & Guinness pie with peas and mash.

Slice the pie open and give us a look.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,473 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Ooooh pie!!! That looks great. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ArtyC

THat pie looks incredible!!

• Advertisement

Ooooh pie!!! That looks great. :)
    ArtyC wrote: »
    THat pie looks incredible!!

Proper pie, not just a dish of stew with a puff pastry lid.

Advertisement